• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BOPJ208_(resized).jpg
BOPJ208_(resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

My Bride of Pinbot rotating head is not syncing up properly in gameplay since I had a shorted column 5 on the switch matrix repaired by replacing U20 about a month ago. ( the lower pop bumper metal yoke broke and shorted to GND.)

The pin seems to get lost in the head postion rotation.
It looks like Switch=67 doesn't show on the dmd when it rotates to the flesh colored human face side.

Can someone compare to their BOP and let me know if that switch should show on the DMD in test mode when the flesh face rolls into position?

Thanks in advance!

#2 7 years ago

Mine has just started doing the same thing. Does yours stop midway through cylcle sometimes during gameplay? Mine will occasionally spin to the correct face and then spin an additional quarter turn and stop.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

The pin seems to get lost in the head postion rotation.
It looks like Switch=67 doesn't show on the dmd when it rotates to the flesh colored human face side.
Can someone compare to their BOP and let me know if that switch should show on the DMD in test mode when the flesh face rolls into position?

Yours is correct. The 67 is shown on all faces except the 4th (flesh) face.

You may want to do a factory reset U8. I had a problem with mine kicking a third ball in the trough when both pinballs were locked in the eyes. I did a factory reset and it's been fine for 30 games. Worth a shot, but your face test is exactly what mine does.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

You may want to do a factory reset U8. I had a problem with mine kicking a third ball in the trough when both pinballs were locked in the eyes. I did a factory reset and it's been fine for 30 games. Worth a shot, but your face test is exactly what mine does.

Factory reset? U8? is that a switch on the board or a function in the menu?
sorry for my lack of understanding.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Factory reset? U8? is that a switch on the board or a function in the menu?
sorry for my lack of understanding.

Function in the menu. A=adjustments, T=tests, U=utilities. The U8 will reset everything. You'll have to go to A3 pricing settings to set back to free play and U4 to set the time and date.

#6 7 years ago

Found it once I went into the menu.
I never noticed the functions were labeled to the left.
I did the Factory Reset and now the correct mouth face is up at power on.
Sometime before it wouldn't reset from flesh face.
Thanks..I'll see how it goes from here.

#7 7 years ago

So, did the factory reset clear up the issue?

I have quite a few games in my collection and this game is the only one, so far, I have had to do a factory reset to clear up an issue. Like I mentioned earlier, sometimes when two balls were locked in the eyes, it would shoot a third into the shooter lane when it should have release the two locked balls for a 2-ball multiball. I must have taken the face apart at least 6 times and tested all switches multiple times. It tested fine every time in test mode. I would rotate the head and go into switch edge test and use a ball to test each switch and never had one issue. Button it back up and start a game. By the second ball it would act up. I did the factory reset and have played 40 test games by now with not one single hiccup.

#8 7 years ago

A factory reset did not fix my issue but i did find that sw 67 is not registering on face 1 if i run the motor in reverse. Ill have to take it apart...

#9 7 years ago

check the relay under the playfield.
Mine was doing the same thing at Allentown. Got a tip from a fellow pinsider at the show to check the relay board. There were a few suspect traces/soldier joints and had a buddy of mine reflow.

This has (so far) fixed my problem. If you find your relay is shot or just nasty and you don't want to repair it, marco has them (GLM)

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

The reset fixed yours because you had tournament mode on (can almost guarantee you did). The reset turned it off. The tournament mode has a bug that will give 3 ball mb.
If it didn't help the OP his issue is separate from the tourney mode bug.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from volcanodiver:

The reset fixed yours because you had tournament mode on (can almost guarantee you did). The reset turned it off. The tournament mode has a bug that will give 3 ball mb.
If it didn't help the OP his issue is separate from the tourney mode bug.

I bet you're right. I probably had tournament mode still on. It was driving me nuts.

1 week later
#12 7 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

So, did the factory reset clear up the issue?
I have quite a few games in my collection and this game is the only one, so far, I have had to do a factory reset to clear up an issue. Like I mentioned earlier, sometimes when two balls were locked in the eyes, it would shoot a third into the shooter lane when it should have release the two locked balls for a 2-ball multiball. I must have taken the face apart at least 6 times and tested all switches multiple times. It tested fine every time in test mode. I would rotate the head and go into switch edge test and use a ball to test each switch and never had one issue. Button it back up and start a game. By the second ball it would act up. I did the factory reset and have played 40 test games by now with not one single hiccup.

It seems to have worked. Thanks for the tip!

2 weeks later
#13 7 years ago

Update: The problem resurfaced. There seems to be some confusion on the head starting position (goes to the two eye face) and I get the ERROR: HEAD MOTOR/AND OR SWITCH ISSUE sometimes when I start up pin.
I cleaned and swapped the (2) connectors at the bottom of the CPU board to their "alternate duplicate" position and it seems to be working ok again.
But after the ball goes into the outhole, it will sit there for a few seconds before the game will fire it out of there.

1 month later
#14 7 years ago

Update: I always like to post my results when I finally figure out something whether be by myself or with assistance from a Pinside member so others can maybe benefit.

A long while ago, the lower metal pop bumper yoke broke and shorted out the U20 IC on the CPU board. It was cut out, a socket installed and a new U20 IC was installed. The pin was better but Switch Matrix Row 8 was still out. It worked some of the time but was intermittent.

Now look at the pic I attached. You can see the green in the left most 2 pins.

Before I got this pin, removed the old battery holder and soldered on the 3.3V lithium cell, some acid must have dripped on the J208 connector plug. Took 4-5 years to surface and it did so at the same time the metal yoke broke so had me looking at only that issue.

Installed a new J208 connector today and Switch Matrix ROW 8 lives again!

BOPJ208_(resized).jpgBOPJ208_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
$ 9.95
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bride-of-pinbot-motorswitch-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.