(Topic ID: 345011)

Bride of Pinbot (BOP) - Both flippers out at same time, stumped...

By Morydees

6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by Morydees
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FLIPPER RELAY (resized).JPG
FLIPPER RELAY5 (resized).JPG
1 (resized).JPG
#1 6 months ago

While my BOP sat through most of the pandemic, I did change the batteries annually. On this most recent change, however, I noticed both flippers stopped working. The batteries are easily accessible so it didn't seem likely I disturbed anything. I checked the EOS switches and the button area all looks good there. At that point, I figured it'd probably be a fuse but unlike PinBot with a single slow-blow, BOP has F101 and F102 for Left/Right...which made it strange both would go out at once. Sure enough, both fuses look good and none of the others appear blown.

At this point, what else could it be that's a shared location causing both to go out at once? The original Pinbot had an obvious power supply board but the Bride doesn't seem to at a glance of the manual. Still, there has to be something shared between them. Any tips on what to check next are appreciated.

1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG
#2 6 months ago

Flipper enable relay and connectors J109/J110 on driver board?

#3 6 months ago
Quoted from Tuukka:

Flipper enable relay and connectors J109/J110 on driver board?

Of course there's a flipper relay...sheesh! Thank you for the reminder. The very first fix I did on restoration was a head rotation issue and sure enough, it was the classic cold solder joints needing a reflow on the relay. If that's all this is that'd be great...but now I just need to find the darn thing. Shouldn't it be right off J109/J110 on the Power Driver Board? I found the RLY1 (#51) listing on the diagram but reference photos from earlier don't show it. Prior owner did move a few things around but I should see a Williams cube relay like this in the area, no?

https://www.actionpinball.com/pics/relay_wms_k1.jpg

FLIPPER RELAY (resized).JPGFLIPPER RELAY (resized).JPGFLIPPER RELAY5 (resized).JPGFLIPPER RELAY5 (resized).JPG
#4 6 months ago

You might have a newer version driver board, that does not have the relay installed. I don't know how the flippers are then enabled since the relay is needed in non-Fliptronic games.

#5 6 months ago

Interesting, I hadn't realized there might have been different revisions. I might ask with the BoP guys over in their thread if that's the case but with any luck I can get in there this weekend and poke around deeper to find it. I'll check out J109/J110 too in case something may have come loose.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 9.99
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bride-of-pinbot-bop-both-flippers-out-at-same-time-stumped and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.