11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by gweempose
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Pinbits is out of the Blue DMD Filter.

Is anyone else selling this filter?

Or can I make my own using Blue Cellophane?

Any thoughts?

Marcus

#2 11 years ago

I bought mine from Rob Anthony. I'm pretty sure it's the same one Pinbits sells.

http://lockwhenlit.com/

#3 11 years ago

Yeah mine came with red dmd with cellophane. Only problem is I installed the blue dmd and it's nowhere near as bright or sharp as the red one.. It doesn't have any cellophane in front of it it's just by itself but next to my red one in my acdc it looks weak so to speak? any ideas? Was needing to get the filter as well

#4 11 years ago

What blue display did you install? I have an XPin one in my Avatar, and it's brighter than my AC/DC.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

What blue display did you install? I have an XPin one in my Avatar, and it's brighter than my AC/DC.

Xpin. A local Tron owner was not happy with it since 2 pixels are out of alignment. Since I don't mind the 2 pixels since they only impact the timer bar, I bought it for $200.

Money well spent in my opinion.

Marcus

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from Sgtmax:

Only problem is I installed the blue dmd and it's nowhere near as bright or sharp as the red one.

There is a logical reason why the blue one doesn't look as sharp as the red one. It's because our eyes can't focus as well on the color blue due to the shorter wavelenth. This is a physiological fact. Here's an excerpt from an article about blue LEDs ...

We tend to associate blue with coolness, accuracy and clarity. But paradoxically, our eyes cannot focus blue sharply. We actually see a distracting halo around bright blue lights.

“It's well recognized that blue light is not as sharply focused on the retina as the longer wavelengths. It tends to be focused in front of the retina, so it's a little out of focus,” explains Dr. David Sliney, a US Army expert on the physiological effects of LEDs, lasers, and other bright light sources.

The various wavelengths of light focus differently because they refract at slightly different angles as they pass through the lens of the eye – an effect known as chromatic aberration. For similar reasons, blue scatters more widely inside the eyeball ...

Here's a link to the full article:

http://texyt.com/bright+blue+leds+annoyance+health+risks

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/blue-dmd-filter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.