Big Bang Bar

By badbilly27

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Would you trade a TZ and a MB (both in excellent condition) for a BBB? I have both TZ and MB and after playing BBB two nights ago - I'm thinking I would. And the crazy thing, it might not be enough!! All hypothetical unless you own a BBB. Thoughts?

#2 12 years ago

As long as you invite me over to play it, I say go for it! In all seriousness, it would be hard for me to justify having that much money tied up in one pin. I do love BBB, though. With a collection like yours, I could see doing it.

#3 12 years ago

If you could find one to trade you straight up for your two pins, I would do it. Looks like from recent BBB sales your about 5 or 6K shy of the trade being even. That is of course if the BBB's I seen actually went in the 15 to 16 thousand range.

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

That is of course if the BBB's I seen actually went in the 15 to 16 thousand range.

Wow, that's what they sell for? I liked BBB but no way is it worth even half that much to me.

#5 12 years ago

No way Jose!
Two pins are usually better than one... Especially TZ and MB!
BBB is a great pin, don't get me wrong, but to trade those beauties over and have to fork over even more $$$ for that machine is just crazy.
How about we petition Gene for another batch instead???
That- or fire up the DeLorean, to get in on the original re-production! ("Stupid NP!" Kicks self... )

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

That- or fire up the DeLorean, to get in on the original re-production! ("Stupid NP!" Kicks self... )

I'll give you my deposit Marty.

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Two pins are usually better than one... Especially TZ and MB!

I agree. The only way I'd do it is for a straight up trade,no cash. You could sell the BBB down the road and replace your TZ and MB and still have enough cash to get something else. From a financial standpoint it makes sense. From a fun standpoint probably not. I will admit I've never played BBB, but I own a MB and have played TZ alot and they rock.

#8 12 years ago

It's not worth trading those two pins even for one of the 14 Capcom actually built.

#9 12 years ago

Bill thats a hard one I like all three. I will own a BBB one day. But I don't think I would trade my TZ and MB for one. But if you do I will be over to play it. I have wanted one for awhile. Are you done with mb and TZ?

#10 12 years ago

If all the pins are in the same shape, I wouldn't make that trade. From a playing perspective, i wouldn't make it, either.

#11 12 years ago

i

Quoted from kwiKimart:It's not worth trading those two pins even for one of the 14 Capcom actually built.

I disagree. Check out pics of my friend Kim's #13 on IPDB. Purple powercoating, it's badass. Even more so in person.

#12 12 years ago

No way. To each their own, but MB is far superior to BBB IMO (and yes, I've played one). I'm not the world's biggest TZ fan, but I would take that and MB over BBB in a heartbeat.

#13 12 years ago

bbb is a great game but would be a hard decision, they should make another run of them!

#14 12 years ago

No. If your a collector it's tempting. Those 2 you're trading I think together are more fun than any one pin.

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from dvandentop:

bbb is a great game but would be a hard decision, they should make another run of them!

Supposedly, why 186 were made is because Gene used all the parts he had and it came out to ~186. I would have loved to have Gene and Planetary pinball re-run that game but don't think they will. He's onto Kingpin if that ever gets made.

Biff get out of that car!!

#16 12 years ago

I would keep what you have.

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Bill thats a hard one I like all three. I will own a BBB one day. But I don't think I would trade my TZ and MB for one. But if you do I will be over to play it. I have wanted one for awhile. Are you done with mb and TZ?

I really enjoy MB (just had her totally shopped - sparkles) and TZ is deep and fun. But I find myself leaning towards other games in my collection when I have time to play. TZ gets 0 love from guests (non pinheads) and I took it out of lineup to make room from Tron LE and you know what not really missing it. MB sparkles and I still press play on SS sitting next to her. I think I'm going through a fad right now. As the song goes "when you can't be with the one you love, honey, love the one your with"

I'd take odds you get one before me but you always have an invite to come over if I get one.

#18 12 years ago

Played BBB for the first time this last weekend. Cool and fun pin! Flippers have a *very* different feel to them though.

But, no, I wouldn't make that trade. Two great pins are better than one great pin.

#19 12 years ago

If it were a straight up Trade you would have to do it. You can always find another TZ easily & MB's do pop up from time to time. Adding cash to the deal probably not unless it was like only 1k. I know where you can get a BBB for 14k though if Interested.

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Would you trade a TZ and a MB (both in excellent condition) for a BBB?

I'd go ahead and trade them both for BBB.

I heard that someone last week paid $14,000 for MM and they made 4,000 of those.

BBB is one of the best looking games of all time (I have not played it )

#21 12 years ago

I'd definitely trade TZ and MB for BBB... you can get the other 2 back if you want them, and for less than the price of the BBB!!

#22 12 years ago

From a player standpoint there is no way I'd make that trade. Financially it might be an even swap but you're trading a lot of great gameplay there.

#23 12 years ago

I would do it, would definitely like to own one some day and if you ever have the chance for a decent deal/price I think a person should make the deal. While you would be loosing two great titles they are alot easier to come by if you want to replace them down the road.

#24 12 years ago

Not a chance would i do that trade. Those two pins are way better than b.b.b.

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

BBB is one of the best looking games of all time (I have not played it )

I agree, it is definitely one of the best looking pins ever! It plays pretty nice too.

#26 12 years ago

I played BBB at LTG's place. Eh it was ok and fun. But the TZ and MB imo are more fun combined than just 1 pin that is "rare". There is a NIB BBB for $16k but there is a reason it hasnt sold yet Does BBB even have a deep rule set? seemed kind of good but only half deep.

#27 12 years ago

do it
you will find a TZ and MB again...

#28 12 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

I would do it, would definitely like to own one some day and if you ever have the chance for a decent deal/price I think a person should make the deal. While you would be loosing two great titles they are alot easier to come by if you want to replace them down the road.

I guess this is also what I'm thinking. Get the BBB, keep it forever and get the other 2 pins back later? not a bad idea if you have some money floating around.

#29 12 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Does BBB even have a deep rule set?

Dunno, but I know TZ doesn't... get the modes and then LITZ... over.

#30 12 years ago

If I'd known then what I know now, I'd have bought 2 BBBs with a bank loan - can't beat that kind of interest.

#31 12 years ago

If you can pull that off, do it. It's a trade that's sufficiently beneficial financially that you'd be a fool not to.

I wish I was out of college and with $$$ when the BBB repros were being made

#32 12 years ago

The more I think about it, the more I think you should make the trade, Bill. There just aren't that many BBB's around. If you like the game, you should grab one while you have the chance.

#33 12 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The more I think about it, the more I think you should make the trade, Bill. There just aren't that many BBB's around. If you like the game, you should grab one while you have the chance.

My understanding is that the questions is hypothetical... I don't think the option actually exists... might be wrong though!?

#34 12 years ago

BBB is a great game as I just bought one a few months back NIB.. I like it allot yet I don’t think it would be worth it unless you have the money to spare and it’s not a big deal to acquire the game. Getting rid of two great games plus having to spend some cash out of pocket does not sound like a good deal to me. Once the high of having the game fades and you have put plenty of plays on it I think you might regret it and miss the other two.

#35 12 years ago
Quoted from Wise_Guy:

Once the high of having the game fades and you have put plenty of plays on it I think you might regret it and miss the other two.

Do you regret buying it?

#36 12 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Wise_Guy said:

Once the high of having the game fades and you have put plenty of plays on it I think you might regret it and miss the other two.
Do you regret buying it?

No not at all. I love my BBB yet I got 9 games with my 10th game comming as I got a transformers decepticon on its way. Its a great game and I have still not gotten to wizard mode on it. I was trying to put myslef in someones elses shoes as If I had to give up two of my games to get it I think I would regret it 8-)

#37 12 years ago

I just want to play one. I have played most of the pins in the top 100, but never a BBB.

#38 12 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

My understanding is that the questions is hypothetical... I don't think the option actually exists... might be wrong though!?

It was hypothetical. No one has offered me that deal. After playing a BBB the other day got my thinking what would I be willing to give up to get one - and does that make sense. I know for a trade it would take two A titles to make it work. Those two might be the ones I would let go if hypothetically someone offered me the deal.

#39 12 years ago
Quoted from ianwho:

I just want to play one. I have played most of the pins in the top 100, but never a BBB.

It caught be by surprise how much I enjoyed it. Hope you get the chance to play one.

#40 12 years ago

who looking for bbb i know where theres one for sale and a mm

#42 12 years ago

They will probably have it again at CAX next year Ian.
You can play it there! (Hopefully it will be leveled this time... )

#43 12 years ago
Quoted from terrable:

who looking for bbb i know where theres one for sale

me me me!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 209.00
30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/big-bang-bar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.