Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by royce6135
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Well got my first Sega and have a few issues. When a game just starts, every time you hit the right flippers, it chimes out "let's flip for it" and the display dies then shows the opening display screen with the Display Version, born on date, etc.  Then the game continues as normal.  But with every right flip the same thing....anyone know how serious this might be?  Even the menu on the Sega/DE games is new to me. I can navigate on my Williams and Stern pins no problem.

The other issue, it came with three balls and at the 1st start up with me, the display noted a kind warning that there was a ball missing. Added a fourth ball and now at start up it spits out all four balls. I'm sure there might be more issues but need to fix these so I can find the others.

Help please!  Thanks....

I am a borderline noob so please respond as if you were explaining to a borderline noob. Help me Obi Wan

#2 11 years ago

Welcome to Pinside.
This is a known issue with the 5 volts feeding the display logic. Sega created a service bulletin with a fix. It's still on Sterns site here; http://www.sternpinball.com/downloads/sb106.pdf

#3 11 years ago

The ball issue is probably the opto board for the trough or the switches. I would flow the opto contacts first and see if that helped, then flow the rest of the board if needed.

The other problem is strange, start with re-seating the ribbon cables at the cpu pcb and the display. Also check the voltages at the display, 5v should be 5v, not lower. Any lower and it will reset or "blank out". You may need the ground fix too. If those do not change the problem then troubleshoot further.

#4 11 years ago

Thank you for the info and I will investigate further. It really helps knowing trouble shooting tips.

1 year later
#5 10 years ago

Thanks for the info Cliffy, I'm having boot up issues that seem related to this

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 259.00
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-forever-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.