Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by PinballT
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I am having trouble with two sets of my flashers on Batman Forever. I narrowed it down to two sets of wires. One is Black w/ green and the other is Black w/ Orange. The 89's are blowing every time I put a new bulb in. I know they are getting too much voltage but cannot figure out why. They are not touching anywhere that I can see and the PPB board checks out OK I think. I tested the transistors and they seem to test ok. The wires are ran to J7 on the PPB Board. I think they are pin #4 and pin #6. Any advice would be good. I am thinking something with the board but think other would blow too. ???? Thanks Tom

#2 8 years ago

Bump for any advice.

#3 8 years ago

What's the voltage at the sockets? Have you tried replacing the sockets with new or known working ones? Are the flasher's stuck on, or do they flash then blow?

#4 8 years ago

There are two sets of about 4 on each set. I have just ran it through the flasher test and they blow when it is there turn to flash. I have not really measured the voltage coming off because I don't get a steady voltage. It just spikes when it is time for it to flash. I was thinking it could be a bad socket it but thought it would be odd for two sets to be bad. That might be my next option. I will take all bulbs out in each row and see then. Then I guess I will try disconnecting all except first one and go from there. I cannot think of another way. I was just thinking that I was missing something on the PPB board.

#5 8 years ago

As I said in email. Measure voltage at the socket for the affected flasher. Red lead to the flasher, black lead to the ground strap in the cabinet. Voltage is always present at the flasher socket, activation simply supplies the ground. By measuring with the ground strap, you'll get a steady actual voltage at the flasher.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#6 8 years ago

Thanks Rob! I am always confused on measuring voltage. I never know what spot to put the meter on. There are so many different dials.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 259.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-forever-flashers-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.