5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 86 days ago by pinstyle
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 months ago

This is a long shot question here since I know this machine is not very popular. I have a Bally Beauty Contest that will not trigger a game over state. So I think something in not triggering the game over relay once the ball has drained (it is a one ball game). It looks to score properly (numbers light up corresponding to the bumpers hit), does not pay out though since the game does not end. It registers credits, increments the counter etc. There is really not a whole lot to this game and I am somewhat familiar with bingos but not overly knowledgeable. Just seeing if maybe someone might be able to point out something stupid I am missing.

2 weeks later
    #2 4 months ago

if you tilt the game with a ball in the outhole, does that trip the game over relay?

if not, it's probably either the switch on the game over relay that is connected to the coil lug or the game over trip coil is bad.

do you have the schematic?

#3 4 months ago

I am pretty sure I was able to trigger a tilt and the game did end. I am not sure if I it can be tilt/ended while in the out hole since its spends a pretty short time in there. I probably wont get back to this game until next week some time but thank you for some direction on a few things to check. Unfortunately I do not have a schematic, I looked around a bit but was unable to locate one.

#4 4 months ago

hmm ... outhole comment didn't make sense anyway. You'd want to tilt the game with a ball not in the outhole (schem is drawn when ball is in the outhole).

the pacific pinball museum has the paperwork. I put a scan of the schematic in https://bingo.cdyn.com/ppm/beauty_contest-bly-1960/

looks like there's a manual also. I'll try and get the scan of that processed and stuck at the above before monday.

#5 4 months ago

Wow, thank you for posting these I really appreciate it. So I didn't have any real amount of time with this machine today but I at least confirmed that I can tilt out of a game and trigger a game over state. So I am guessing the game over relay is probably ok. I will take a look over these schematics and see if they shed some light on this issue.

#6 4 months ago

I'm betting on the score counter zero switch ... so it's probably not that.

1 month later
    #7 87 days ago

Just wanted to follow up on this. It did end up being the score counter reset coil. No idea how i missed it but the coil was toasted.

Is it still possible to get those little plastic cuffs that are clipped onto the coil plungers? Looks like they are used to guide and center the plunger in the coil sleeve. The one is really beat up. I couldnt find them for sale anywhere.

#8 86 days ago

the plastic pieces were called "guide rings" or collars - part number C-342

they used them in slot machines also.

still available new from some of the parts suppliers, or anyone with parts piles can scrounge a couple for you.

#9 86 days ago

Thank you for the part number.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-beauty-contest-game-wont-end and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.