• Latest reply 1 year ago by xsvtoys
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

00-90 (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

so after diagnosing various different issues with my pinball machine, I seem to have it working pretty well outside of one issue: When playing Air aces the pop bumpers are supposed to alternate lighting up. It stays lit up on the right side but never switches to the left one. I'm not sure what to troubleshoot at this point, I've been checking playfield switch gaps but I'm not sure if that would cause this. Let me know if you've encountered this or have a solution! Thank you!

#2 1 year ago

Pop bumper lights are controlled by the alternator relay. First check to see if Alternator relay is firing on and off each time 10 points are scored. If it is, clean and adjust Alternator switches. If it isn't, you will need to check your 00-90 unit to see why it's not completing the circuit to the alternator relay.

#3 1 year ago

so yes the alternator relay isn't activating, if I "press" on it it does switch the bulb. I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to do for the 00-90 unit however. Sorry I'm really new to this.

#4 1 year ago

I should mention (not sure if this matters) that it is scoring 10s.

#5 1 year ago

One of the switches on the 10 point relay should advance the 00-90 step up coil. This switch (on the 10 point relay) may be open or dirty, keeping the 00-90 unit from advancing.
Clean and/or adjust all switches on the 10 point relay.

#6 1 year ago

Does the 00-90 stepper unit advance each time you score 10 points?

#7 1 year ago

The 10 point relay advances your 00-90 unit.
The position of the 00-90 unit switches turns your alternator relay on and off.
The position of the Alternator relay determines which pop bumpers are llt. Scoring 100 in one position and 10 in the other.

#8 1 year ago

I need to check the 0-90 and the 10 point, if my 10 point wasn't working, would it not score the 10s at all or simply one of those switches changes the 10-90/alternator? I'll go look now and see if I see anything funky/clean.

#9 1 year ago

I don't know if I'm like blind as a bat or something, but I don't even really see what could be the 00-90 unit based off of the labels, from my understanding the thing pictured is the bonus unit.

00-90 (resized).jpg00-90 (resized).jpg
#10 1 year ago

It is the bonus unit. The 00-90 unit is in the backbox.

#11 1 year ago

Your 00-90 unit should be very similar to the Bon Voyage that I described in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-em-00-90-match-unit-torn-down-analyzed-and-demystified#post-5373076

You will see on post #2 that I discuss the switch for the alternator relay, which is not used on Bon Voyage but should be there for Air Aces. There should be a switch mounted somewhere on yours that will close every time this unit's solenoid is activated. That switch will then activate the alternator relay. See if that switch is intact and closing and opening properly.

You can use this thread if needed to rework your 00-90 unit if it is gummed up or has other issues.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-air-aces-pop-bumper-not-alternating and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.