Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by V_piscopo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

So I just picked up a Williams Toledo and started cleaning. I noticed the ball count player unit was not resetting. I took it apart and cleaned everything. When disassembled it steps up and resets flawlessly but as soon as I put on the contact fingers it won't fully reset and has a harder time stepping up (even before I put on the washer and nut.) All the springs have good tension. What could be causing this and what's the best coarse of action?

#2 8 years ago

Someone may have tried to "improve" the electrical contact by bending all the blades down to press more firmly on the rivets. This causes too much drag on the unit. The leafs should be adjusted so that they *just* contact the rivets. When you are installing that wheel, if the contacts meet and you still have 1/4" to go, they are adjusted to far toward the rivet wafer board.

IMO

#3 8 years ago

I'll check it out when I get home and report back. Thank you

#4 8 years ago

Oh, and after adjusting, to verify the blade contact isn't open, after reassembly, gently tap on the back side of the contact. If it makes a 'click' noise, it's open.

#5 8 years ago

Also, the return spring wrapped around the central shaft...that guy might be a twist loose. It should be tight enough to spring the finger board back home, but not tight enough to inhibit advancement of the finger board.

#6 8 years ago

That was totally the problem thank you so much

#7 8 years ago

Great! Every now and then I get an EM suggestion right. Enjoy your game.

#8 8 years ago

Thanks I wikl

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ball-count-unit-not-resetting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.