(Topic ID: 55133)

Avatar LE problem. Need some help please.

By Zampinator

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Zampinator
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I have a Stern Avatar LE. I bought it NIB this spring. It has worked perfectly until a few days ago. When a ball is locked in the Link Pod & another ball enters into the pop bumpers (adjacent to Link Pod) & gets bouncing around it some how registers a 'hit' on the Link Pod. The locked ball is released & multiball starts. To start multiball requires two additional hits to the Link Pod, but the ball bouncing around in the bumpers is registering as hits o the pod! Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Your switch in the captive lock probably isn't being pushed down that much, so the vibrations are making it depress. Try to adjust the actuator (thin metal part) so it pushes the button "sooner", if that makes sense. You can adjust the metal closest to the button or you can adjust the round part that the ball sits on. If that's "higher", the ball will push it down on the button more.

#3 10 years ago

Ok. I will try that. I've watched the locked ball closely & it doesn't appear to be moving. But it must be. I'll try adjusting the switch & report back. Thanks.

#4 10 years ago

If the button is barely being pushed down, just the vibration could be causing it to depress, even if you don't visibly see anything moving.

#5 10 years ago

Go into switch test and shake the machine and see if any activate. If not put a ball in the lock and go back into switch test and do some testing.

#6 10 years ago

I had to tweak mine when I first bought my game. it has the thickness of a paper clip and is about as flexible. I had the opposite happen. mine wouldn't lock.

#7 10 years ago

Thank you fellow Pinsiders for helping a newb out! Switch was out of adjustment. It's working perfectly now. Although getting Link multiball is more difficult now. I can't just launch a ball up into the pop bumpers & let bounce around to unlock Link multiball ! LOL

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Flagstaff, AZ
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avatar-le-problem-need-some-help-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.