(Topic ID: 301617)

Any OPs going to $1.50 with Godzilla Prem?

By Three60in

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 328 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Route pricing. Should it be changed?”

• $1.50 is the new normal. 20 votes
    10%
  • Its understandable when games are $9k. Go ahead and change it. $1.50 39 votes
    19%
  • $1.25 for prem/LEs 7 votes
    3%
  • Heck no. $1 is what it needs to be. 137 votes
    67%

(203 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
f978946fd5e66b9c262949cabd36def5d5f3fb4e (resized).jpg
cant understand pinball controls.gif
jjPotC 1.50 price card.jpg
nope (resized).jpg
Bk2k (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider uncgump.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 2 years ago

Agree if you're going to charge fractions of a dollar, you have to have a change machine.

Sometimes this is about the price of A game. For people who hang out and play, it's about the price of SEVERAL games or more. As a regular player who understands the up front costs, $1.50 for a premium or LE is probably reasonable. But why a 50% price increase instead of 25% (you're forcing quarter use on me either way) A casual player will probably balk at $1.50 because the game may last 2 minutes and because WTF is a premium/LE?

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

If you aren’t charging $2 a game you are leaving money on the table. At least try it for a few weeks and see how your numbers are. You will be surprised.

If you're the only game in town, maybe. If you have competition nearby and players identify your business, good luck.

#134 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Not to mention Next Level has everything on free play with a $20 door charge. 100+ pins in fantastic condition. Good luck charging anything over a dollar.

Um, isn't Next Level, in addition to being in a relatively cheap spot in terms of real estate, made possible by someone's rich dad?

#135 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

People in this thread don’t seem to grasp that resale value is meaningless when you’re talking profitability.
Game costs 8k
I am now -8k
Game earns let’s say 50 a week.
After 2 years of 50 a week, my earnings are 5.2k
I’m still -2.8k after 2 years.
I haven’t profited.
Meanwhile that dumbass Crank It cost me 8k and has earned me nearly 15k in that same time period.
Why bother buying pins that take forever to pay for themselves when I can buy redemption garbage that pays for itself in half the time? Crank It is $1.50 a play and nobody has problems dumping money into it.

People play Crank It in bars???

#144 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Exactly!!

Exactly again!
When I play location pins (rare as there ain’t many around here) I put in my $2 (that’s the normal price here for a new game) and generally that’ll keep me going until I get bored. Then I give my free credits to some random person who’s looking keen to play.
rd

You are right in a very concrete sense. But this probably ain't quite how the average consumer thinks about this. Ever hear of pennywise and pound foolish? People CAN pay, of course. But the kernel of this whole issue how people WILL behave. It's NOT always strictly logical, perhaps particularly in terms of how they think about continuing to feed money for more game play. We can probably all think of examples from our own lives. It's all about how you assign value, especially relative to other items. To the point above about the business role of casual players (which varies a lot across venues), they likely think about this differently than almost anyone here on this thread.

#146 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

You seem to be under the impression people need/want new pins in order to have a good time at a bar. We don’t. The vast majority of places out here don’t have new machines, one of the best places has no machines past 1999. I actually find myself playing the older games vs newer as you don’t see some older machines that often. Most people in general don’t care, it’s fun to play while having a beer. Seems like more people want to play Ice Cold Beer for that matter. Like I said. I’ll stay for hours and buy $100 in beer at a place that charges .25 to $1 for games

I'm not against raising prices on games. I just think it's very questionable if that's the best move. Above is the implicit point that new games often sit next to older ones that are cheaper and/or have been earning for a long time past paying for themselves.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.99
Electronics
GMods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider uncgump.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-ops-going-to-150-with-godzilla-prem?tu=uncgump and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.