• Hell no, I do not want the hassles 35 votes
    25%
  • I love my rental properties 48 votes
    34%
  • I have been thinking about doing that 28 votes
    20%
  • I used to and called it quits 31 votes
    22%

(Multiple choice - 142 votes by 141 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7E1755C7-8593-4FA2-92A9-9E2FE625EE32 (resized).jpeg
STFU Donnie (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
6F4F8A2D-CABB-420F-9A7C-D1DF45B82DCF (resized).jpeg
laneway (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider technicalsteam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#244 2 years ago

I'm officially a Landlord again. In the past I've managed and owned a few properties.
Currently I do not have the time to managed them in person and pay a third party to do so.
For now it works out okay and isn't that costly of an arrangement.

#246 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Can anyone recommend a good reliable brand of appliances that would be good for rental units? Cost isn’t a factor, I want them to never break.

Appliances simple, easily replaceable and maintainable in your area. Find a model # that is commonly available. If you have multiple units buy an extra one or two ( if you have 2-8 rental properties its nice to have a spare ) especially if its an easily swappable appliance. You can repair it later. Often you can get some volume discounts.

With the current Supply chain issue I think having a spare unit is a good practice. It's easier to go out yourself or your maintenance guy and swap out a troublesome appliance ( in some cases ) and wait on part. Even keep a couple of those commonly replaced parts in stock. I can tell you nothing sucks more than calling a service having them go out there. Only to tell you its a part. ( now your out the $ from the call ) , customer is a bit frustrated, and now you got rinse and repeat. Not fun.

That was the first thing we did when renting out our old house was pull out the high end appliances and put in the simple stuff. The split level same deal. If you end up flipping it though often those "rental" appliances don't cut it.

The other thing we found do NOT skimp on toilets. An extra hundo on a quality toilet will keep you from getting calls 24/7.
Plumbing and Electrical have always been the biggest PITA headaches for me.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider technicalsteam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-landlords-here-please-post-tips-and-stories?tu=technicalsteam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.