Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by SUPERBEE
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

157937-i.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Hi everyone,
    Im wondering if this tape also helps damper the playfield noise of the flippers, slings etc. Thinking of getting some but on top of reducing rattling im hoping it helps damper noise.
    Also, just wondering if someone could tell me what size soldering gun i should get. Im starting to learn more and getting into my own repairs a little but not sure what wattage to buy. Do you need a different wattage iron for say the boards vs solding a new coil etc

Thanks

#2 10 years ago

Whats rattle tape? Post a link.

#4 10 years ago

I see, come to think of it, I did have a BSD with a pinball pro kit and tape installed. It did seem to keep the rattling down, though I did not play it without it

#5 10 years ago

Has anyone used it and found it quieted down the game ?

#6 10 years ago

Also, any idea on a soldering iron and what type of solder ?
    Thanks a lot guys!

#7 10 years ago

Try a good quality electrical tape before buying the expensive stuff.......

157937-i.jpg157937-i.jpg

#8 10 years ago

I thought that said "Single Trip".... looks like a Flux Capacitor
    faz

#9 10 years ago

thanks cal, i ll try it. do you put it on both sides ?

#10 10 years ago

I put some electrical tape on one side only and it seemed to help dramatically. I'm sure the more that you put, the better results you would have. After taking playfield on and off a bunch 'o times, the tape gets kinda ripped off at the corners. Still well worth 10 cents of electrical tape to get rid of most of the rattling.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERBEE:

thanks cal, i ll try it. do you put it on both sides ?

It a single piece of tape positioned with the glass in the center of the tape and you fold it over on both sides of the glass so the tape is actually on the bottom , side and top surface of the glass. Once back in the machine you can not see it.

#12 10 years ago

I forgot to add do not stretch the tape excessively when putting it on.

#13 10 years ago

|Got it. thanks

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anti-rattle-tape and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.