Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

#2 11 years ago

great collection, welcome to the team!

add your location...that always helps especially with buying and selling

#3 11 years ago

Welcome. I really like your collection. It's a great mix.

#4 11 years ago

Pinball fever....it's a motha...

Great story. Thanks for sharing. I think a lot of us can relate. Welcome to pinside.

#5 11 years ago

Ha! Loved the story. You only live once. Welcome!

#6 11 years ago

You'd probably get a better return even if you didn't mark them up like crazy when you sold them. It's all a risk, might as well have some fun.

#7 11 years ago

It's a mix of insanity/madness and the desire to live and have fun! Welcome to the fray. You're in good company here.

Todd

#8 11 years ago

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm not alone after all. Life is good and it keeps getting better!

#9 11 years ago

lol

I love the story!

I keep joking that while my IRAs & 401K have all gone in the toilet, the only investments I've made that have gone up have been my pinballs!

I think you have a new retirement model!! Liquidate everything into pinball machines!!

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I financed this venture by systematically removing money from my IRA

Did you really take the 10% IRA withdrawal penalty to buy pinball machines?

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

Did you really take the 10% IRA withdrawal penalty to buy pinball machines?

Most of what I used was at or near cost basis- so no 10% or income tax on Roth IRA withdrawal Believe me I did the math!

#12 11 years ago

lol, welcome......and yes, a little bit crazy.

The ONLY way I could even consider doing that is if I got divorced first

#13 11 years ago

Definately asking the wrong crowd here. Pins in them self can be a very good investment and damn fun, I never bought pins to invest just a nice thing that happens on its own. Now people who have furniture in there house over pins talk about crazy.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jokercyclone:

I never bought pins to invest just a nice thing that happens on its own

Pins is not an investment for me. It is the furniture I want in my house! Nice assortment of games Jokercyclone. Is that an EM Joker Poker?

#15 11 years ago

Not crazy...you'll still have a great pinball collection and the rest of us will be taxed for your new liver

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

The ONLY way I could even consider doing that is if I got divorced first

I know a good lawyer...

#17 11 years ago

Great story~! I can relate, I sold some silver bullion to pay for my new house and Revenge from Mars pin. Great looking collection and a lucky man to own such a nice MM.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinJer:

Great looking collection and a lucky man to own such a nice MM.

Well, thank you sir! Maybe if I get a Dirty Harry then I'll really feel lucky.

#19 11 years ago

Your line about wall st is spot on. They nuked the stock market and got a big fat bailout. Most of my retirement money is in bonds until the economy blows up. I miss the days CDs paid real interest rates. I almost wanted to chastise you for pulling retirement savings early, but I can't fight that fight anymore. Saw a friends dad pass at 65, barely touched his retirement. Enjoy pinball. Feels like they've tried to take everything else !

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

Your line about wall st is spot on. They nuked the stock market and got a big fat bailout. Most of my retirement money is in bonds until the economy blows up. I miss the days CDs paid real interest rates. I almost wanted to chastise you for pulling retirement savings early, but I can't fight that fight anymore. Saw a friends dad pass at 65, barely touched his retirement. Enjoy pinball. Feels like they've tried to take everything else !

Please watch the politics.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

I almost wanted to chastise you but I can't fight that fight anymore

Yes, You have a lot of nice machines on yours!

#22 11 years ago

I wish it was an em Joker Poker but its a great game as a SS as well so, funny you should mention DH I'm picking one up on sunday cant wait to add it to my collection.

#23 11 years ago

Investments aren't all that bad...
    I hit pay dirt a few months ago when my stock announced a special dividend. Now I'm looking for an AFM. Just hoping to find a good deal. -and I get to keep the investments!
    Having said that, if I wasn't married, I'd have a whole condo full of pins.

I think you need to explain to your daughter that she was right: that it's not cool for a 50 yr old to play pinball at Chucky Cheese's... so you've spent her inheritance in order to play them at home!

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jokercyclone:

I wish it was an em Joker Poker but its a great game as a SS as well so, funny you should mention DH I'm picking one up on sunday cant wait to add it to my collection.

EM Joker Poker would have made my day! There is a SS version nearby, but the guy needs to put it back together.You made my day!

#25 11 years ago

Welcome to Pinside. You came to the right place.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Welcome to Pinside. You came to the right place.

So have you kwikimart. You've been looking for a Shadow for how long? Well I wasn't planning on selling mine, but who am I to keep you from your dreams. . And you can play all my machines while your here (except maybe Black Knight,It only works when it wants to). Did I mention The Shadows real nice? Let me know.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/am-i-insane-or-is-it-only-madness and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.