Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20171029_154909 (resized).jpg
20171029_141108 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2017-10-24 at 10.23.05 PM (resized).png
IMG_20170716_104703 (resized).jpg
AK-03-010 (resized).JPG
20170930_092610 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hhaase.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 6 years ago

Looks like yours were built and wired from the earlier revision to the drop targets and schematics, and Alien Poker proved to be tricky to get the wiring right without having a machine physically here to look at. The target set in your machine is from the first batch I did for Alien Poker, which ended up not quite working right as you noticed. It's wired to use the momentary contacts in the middle of the board, not the constant contacts at the bottom. If you change the wiring you'll also need to move the diodes on the PCB's too, and make sure the stripe on the diode matches the orientation shown in the diagram.

I know not everybody is comfortable doing surface mount work, so I can also send you a fresh set if you feel it's outside your comfort zone.

-Hans

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

This is the reason AP can be converted to leaf switches, since it doesn't rely on momentary contact as the target falls. It relies on constant contact once the target is down, which is better suited to the leaf switch setup, in my opinion. Games with horseshoes that rely on the momentary contact would not work in a leaf switch conversion - so perhaps AP is among the few games where a conversion like this can happen.

Yep, and same thing that threw me off when I did the original schematics. I got so used to everything being momentary.

-Hans

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
Valley, NEBRASKA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Tools
Pincoder Store

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hhaase.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-poker-drop-target-and-flipper-help?tu=hhaase and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.