10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Hitch9
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Just need to vent a sec.

I've seen folks posting that they're achieving pretty high scores. Like above 50,000 points. Well, how do they do it??? This pin's kicking my butt

As others have commented, the machine itself is just amazing. I'm playing it with all default settings except that I had to turn the coil strength on the crystal ball VUK down a couple notches.

I set it up kinda randomly by myself the first night and the pitch ended up being just under 6 degrees. It's level side to side so I was like - OK, fine, that's cool.

The thing is, with the pops being center-left it reminds me of TZ or TAF the way the ball can come out of that section and totally crush you. Plus I'm spending time trying to get the the Rainbow targets down and that can be suicidal if you get a bad ricochet.

Well, I'm here to tell ya I have played maybe 50 games (yeah that's a lot for me) and I've tried it sober, drunk, in the daytime, at night time -- etc, etc -- it JUST DOESN'T MATTER...

I suck.

Loving the challenge. Just hoping to break 20K more consistently.

#2 10 years ago

I'm not a skilled player at all. I played it for the first time today and had a bunch of games in the high 40s and low 50s.

Loved it.

#3 10 years ago

Sounds pretty brutal, but I'm sure you'll be putting up better scores in no time. At least you have yours....

#4 10 years ago

Can't wait to see/play a WOZ for the 1st time.

I'm waiting for MY machine to arrive.

Last I heard, some time in October.

#5 10 years ago

It's kicking my butt as well. I did get 106,000 today, but I'm figuring the lowest score on the high score is 250,000, so I am a poor player too. I'm hoping that the additional modes will allow higher scoring so I may break that 250,000 threshold. Either way, I feel beat up when I play. I just keep coming back for more. It is addictive.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/after-10-days-woz-is-still-kicking-my-azz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.