(Topic ID: 71883)

AC/DC premium led board out. Has this happened to you.

By Nightstick

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by MJW
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I have a led board out under one of the circles in front of the left lightning bolt. Has this happened to anyone else? Is this unusual. It is under warranty. And I will get another one but am wondering if its a fluke or something kind of common. Also do I just have to just solder the wires on the new board and done. Thanks for any info.

#2 10 years ago
Quoted from Nightstick:

I have a led board out under one of the circles in front of the left lightning bolt. Has this happened to anyone else? Is this unusual. It is under warranty. And I will get another one but am wondering if its a fluke or something kind of common. Also do I just have to just solder the wires on the new board and done. Thanks for any info.

Its not too difficult to solder the wired on to the new board. Did you see it the wires are still connected well to the current board or if maybe one was cut accidently at some point? If it is bad i'd look into the Blue LED boards Pinbits sells for the thunderstruck inserts. They look much better then the stock white ones and are pretty cheap.

#3 10 years ago

Haven't had it happen yet but am expecting it down the road.

Since its the lightening bolt one now would be a great time to get the kit that replaces those white ones with blue. I think pinbits sells them.

And yes, you have to solder them in.

I wish someone made color matching ones for the other non rgb inserts.

#4 10 years ago

No never and yours is the first I've heard of it happening to, stern led boards are very reliable.

#5 10 years ago

Mine is now 1 yr old, no issues sofar

However, I did buy 2 spares than as you never know how available they are if the fail in 5 yrs or so. And yes, I expect to still have acdc than

#6 10 years ago

Yeah everything is solid. The soldering and the wires and the other blue circle inserts are connected to the same line and are still working so I am not sure what else it could be. They are color changing inserts with the board. One of the three circles. Thanks for the info everyone. I hope it was a fluke. How much is an extra.

#7 10 years ago

I had one of the little single led boards crap out on Metallica on delivery. Easy fix.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Nightstick:

Yeah everything is solid. The soldering and the wires and the other blue circle inserts are connected to the same line and are still working so I am not sure what else it could be. They are color changing inserts with the board. One of the three circles. Thanks for the info everyone. I hope it was a fluke. How much is an extra.

The thunderstruck inserts are not color changers so be sure you are looking at the right board.

#9 10 years ago

Thanks. It's the circle one that's out. Maybe it's not a color changer. In fact it might just be blue I don't exactly remember right now. I will have to turn it on later and see. I know which one it is though. I guess I figured if it was a board that it would be a color changer and not just one color.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

No never and yours is the first I've heard of it happening to, stern led boards are very reliable.

I had 2 RGBs go and one solid red on my BIB in the first couple of months

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Nightstick:

Thanks. It's the circle one that's out. Maybe it's not a color changer. In fact it might just be blue I don't exactly remember right now. I will have to turn it on later and see. I know which one it is though. I guess I figured if it was a board that it would be a color changer and not just one color.

Yeah I meant to say that the thunderstruck inserts are NOT color changers, they are just white LED boards.

#12 10 years ago

Very happy with the blue PINBIT led upgrade.Easy swap. FYI, make sure your illumination is not at 100%. I have went through a lot of stock LEDs and it got so bad all G.I. was flickering until I realized I was at 100%. Turned down and no problems.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
16,500 (Firm)
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-led-board-out-has-this-happened-to-you and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.