(Topic ID: 214812)

A question about return guides for Data East experts? Dunno exact ?

By UrethraFranklin

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

large (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

I am customizing my Guns N Roses, and I am keeping all the original parts together, just wanted to add some flair. But on the flipper lane return guides, mine are clear and in great shape, but I wanted to make them red. So on the return guides there are two layers, a lower layer with a long arm so I can screw in the metal wire, and there is a top return guide that has a short arm.

I ordered red on the long one with the metal brace arm on it, but I cannot find the upper shorter arm one in red. I see flourescent orange, but only the right side. Is it just because the top one is reversible? as in I can buy two and put the other on the left side, or are both really just meant for one side?

Here is a picture of the arm I am trying to find in red, I see several places that have "orange right side" but not "red left AND right"

Does anyone know what to call this item specifically or is anyone out there familiar with a red one (right and left)?

large (resized).JPGlarge (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from UrethraFranklin:

I am customizing my Guns N Roses, and I am keeping all the original parts together, just wanted to add some flair. But on the flipper lane return guides, mine are clear and in great shape, but I wanted to make them red. So on the return guides there are two layers, a lower layer with a long arm so I can screw in the metal wire, and there is a top return guide that has a short arm.
I ordered red on the long one with the metal brace arm on it, but I cannot find the upper shorter arm one in red. I see flourescent orange, but only the right side. Is it just because the top one is reversible? as in I can buy two and put the other on the left side, or are both really just meant for one side?
Here is a picture of the arm I am trying to find in red, I see several places that have "orange right side" but not "red left AND right"
Does anyone know what to call this item specifically or is anyone out there familiar with a red one (right and left)?

They lost the mold for the smaller top level lane guide. You'll need to cut down the other longer one.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

They lost the mold for the smaller top level lane guide. You'll need to cut down the other longer one.

LOL

Are these universal for left and right? I know that might sound absolutely insane to people who are used to this.

Is that what everyone else has done? Bought the long ones and cut them?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 18.95
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-question-about-return-guides-for-data-east-experts-dunno-exact?hl=urethrafranklin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.