View topic image gallery

image-923.jpg
image-956.jpg
Unknown.jpeg
iron man 3.png
IM 8.png
im 10.png
#1 9 years ago

im 10.pngim 10.pngSuper nice Iron Man with a flawless cabinet, Beautiful playfield with nice shiny clear coat, Leds, shaker motor, and plastic protectors. Game plays fast fun. Red clear DMD . 2 extra figures Iron Man and Drone. Willing to ship. You will not find an IM this nice for near this price.

// Error: Image 288203 not found //
// Error: Image 288204 not found //
// Error: Image 288205 not found //
// Error: Image 288206 not found //
// Error: Image 288207 not found //
// Error: Image 288208 not found //

IM 8.pngIM 8.png iron man 3.pngiron man 3.png
#2 9 years ago

Gosh, should not last long. Good luck with the sale.

#3 9 years ago

This is painful. If you were closer, I'd buy this and sell my vault and pocket some $$$. Best of luck wolfy.

#4 9 years ago

Does anything ever bring you to the Atlanta area?

#5 9 years ago

someone will be making a trip to your area Sunday and im about 45ish mins from wolfy

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

This is painful. If you were closer, I'd buy this and sell my vault and pocket some $$$. Best of luck wolfy.

Great deal for a local person, especially with the upgrades. Otherwise, it would be $4300 shipped. You can get a brand new IMVE for $4700 shipped (with a few upgrades to boot). Unfortunately, this is the beast that Stern created and that everyone was cheering on. The used market has screeched to a halt as a result of VE's and the threat of VE's . And that will have a ripple effect into the NIB market. Not good long-term planning on Stern's part in my opinion.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Not good long-term planning on Stern's part in my opinion.

Why does everyone keep saying that? Stern got their money and they don't care about the secondary market.

Good luck Wolfy, I'm sure it will sell soon.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

someone will be making a trip to your area Sunday and im about 45ish mins from wolfy

I didn't put two and two together. We might could make this work.

#9 9 years ago

PM Sent.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Great deal for a local person, especially with the upgrades. Otherwise, it would be $4300 shipped. You can get a brand new IMVE for $4700 shipped (with a few upgrades to boot). Unfortunately, this is the beast that Stern created and that everyone was cheering on. The used market has screeched to a halt as a result of VE's and the threat of VE's . And that will have a ripple effect into the NIB market. Not good long-term planning on Stern's part in my opinion.

Good Lord dude. You posted the exact same thing in the OP's original FS thread and derailed it. Give the guy a break and let him sell this thing.

Bump.

#11 9 years ago

Stack, I sent you a pm with my phone number. I will add some cabinet pics to this post.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Good Lord dude. You posted the exact same thing in the OP's original FS thread and derailed it. Give the guy a break and let him sell this thing.
Bump.

"Great deal for a local person, especially with the upgrades." Is that not being kind? What is it about the rest of the post that is untruthful? Price shipped- fact (maybe even a little under based on my recent quotes), brand new IMVE- $4700 shipped- also a fact. Used market has screeched a halt. Hard to prove as a fact, but just open your eyes. Believe me, I liked the days of the a stable market. I'm a pinball machine owner too. It made buying expensive machines much easier to take, especially when the inevitable expensive repair was going to have to be made.

Quoted from tvbenk:

Why does everyone keep saying that? Stern got their money and they don't care about the secondary market.

I don't know about everyone else, but I say it because it's true. Go ahead, like so many others, cheer on Stern at your own peril. They're making buckets of money. That's wonderful and great. Short-term happiness sacrificing long-term success. It's American business 101 for the modern age. Sell your soul for a dollar now. Future be damned.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

"Great deal for a local person, especially with the upgrades." Is that not being kind? What is it about the rest of the post that is untruthful? Price shipped- fact (maybe even a little under based on my recent quotes), brand new IMVE- $4700 shipped- also a fact. Used market has screeched a a halt. Hard to prove as a fact, but just open your eyes. Believe me, I liked the days of the a stable market. I'm a pinball machine owner too. It made buying expensive machines much easier to take, especially when the inevitable expensive repair was going to have to be made.

I don't know about everyone else, but I say it because it's true. Go ahead, like so many others, cheer on Stern at your own peril. They're making buckets of money. That's wonderful and great. Short-term happiness sacrificing long-term success. It's American business 101 for the modern age. Sell your soul for a dollar now. Future be damned.

Didn't mean to post this. Was meant to be a slight edit of a post I just made.

Post edited by usandthem: Quoted myself accidentally.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

"Great deal for a local person, especially with the upgrades." Is that not being kind? What is it about the rest of the post that is untruthful? Price shipped- fact (maybe even a little under based on my recent quotes), brand new IMVE- $4700 shipped- also a fact. Used market has screeched a a halt. Hard to prove as a fact, but just open your eyes. Believe me, I liked the days of the a stable market. It made buying expensive machines much easier to take, especially when the inevitable expensive repair was going to have to be made.

I'm not cheering anyone on. I won't derail this any further, but you have to be kidding yourself if you think Stern cares about someone being able to sell a pin if they do a vault run.

#15 9 years ago

No worries... I think it is now pending.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Ill give you 4k for IMVE, +100 for you Bro!

#17 9 years ago

Congrats Stack15 - great pin at a great price.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Sell your soul for a dollar now.

Where do I get this dollar??!?!

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

Where do I get this dollar??!?!

At the truck stop bathroom, near the circular cutout.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from tvbenk:

I'm not cheering anyone on. I won't derail this any further, but you have to be kidding yourself if you think Stern cares about someone being able to sell a pin if they do a vault run.

I never kidded myself into thinking that Stern cares if someone else is able to sell a pin. But can't you see the larger picture? Without a healthy used market, there will be no new market. Period.

To end this here, I am happy to see a pin move in this market and I am very glad that the OP sold it. I apologize for what I would agree would be derailing the thread if I was somebody else reading what I wrote. I believe what I said, but It should have been posted elsewhere.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

At the Truck Stop bathroom, near the circular cutout.

The size of the cutout may vary depending on your proximity to Hulktown, Wisconsin.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

The size of the cutout may vary depending on your proximity to Hulktown, Wisconsin.

If its in Hulktown Ive most likely stretched it out.

Unknown.jpegUnknown.jpeg

#23 9 years ago

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

The size of the cutout may vary

That was a killer comment, coming from YOU!

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from tvbenk:

Then where's the Tron Premium?

#27 9 years ago

What the hell is happening to this market?
Great price, congrats to both buyer and seller.

#28 9 years ago

Congrats Wolfy! Hope you're enjoying the new addition to the collection.

#29 9 years ago

Moved to the Machines for Sale section.

#30 9 years ago

Hope it's local then buy a new playfield and bam, got a great looking game with some add ons for like 4600. Not too shabby.

#31 9 years ago

I just paid for it.

#32 9 years ago

The good news is - you sold your IM!

The bad news is - you sold your IM.

The great news is - Stack and his dogs got it!

#33 9 years ago

Shhh. It was going to be a surprise. I think they just heard that.

image-956.jpgimage-956.jpg
#34 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Since this is sold I don't feel bad about derailing this more.

Where did you get your business degree? Business 101 has a lot in common with economics 101. Supply and demand. I keep hearing this talk about Stern shooting themselves in their own foot for doing IMVE. That is pinside economics. The few REALLY vocal made a lot of people feel this could be true. Truth be told a lot of those, "I'll never buy NIB or Stern again" people are in line waiting for TWD. It's the same as all the people claiming they will never buy NIB due to incomplete code. Yes, VE's put a bad taste in some peoples mouths but it also put a very good taste in just as many people's mouth.

The hindrance to growth in pinball in my eyes is more along the line of market saturation than VE's. There are only so many pinheads out there. Then you subtract the number of people that can't afford NIB from that and you have a small % of people. Then add the number of builders out (and coming out) along with the ever increasing prices and that is where you will see the demand for new machines fall and some builders struggle.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Since this is sold I don't feel bad about derailing this more.
Where did you get your business degree? Business 101 has a lot in common with economics 101. Supply and demand. I keep hearing this talk about Stern shooting themselves in their own foot for doing IMVE. That is pinside economics. The few REALLY vocal made a lot of people feel this could be true. Truth be told a lot of those, "I'll never buy NIB or Stern again" people are in line waiting for TWD. It's the same as all the people claiming they will never buy NIB due to incomplete code. Yes, VE's put a bad taste in some peoples mouths but it also put a very good taste in just as many people's mouth.
The hindrance to growth in pinball in my eyes is more along the line of market saturation than VE's. There are only so many pinheads out there. Then you subtract the number of people that can't afford NIB from that and you have a small % of people. Then add the number of builders out (and coming out) along with the ever increasing prices and that is where you will see the demand for new machines fall and some builders struggle.

A couple of things - Stern did not take advantage of the market and priced IMVE in line with their other pros. The only money the VE took out of original owners pockets were from those who try to sell now, so very few. Any dollar that was added to an original owners higher sale prices before the VE came out would be subtracted from the buyers pinball budget. Stern does not care if the boutique pin companies struggle selling their $8000 pins. I would rather have good old supply and demand decide the life or death of pinball, rather than scarcity that could be addressed and people making profit from a fellow collector selling a pinball they opened and played for a few years.

Bottom line - What do people with one 90's pinball care about what Stern is doing anyway? Really? C'mon, man!

#36 9 years ago

Honestly this whole VE uproar is complete nonsense.

NOBODY bought an Iron Man back in 2010 thinking it was gonna be worth $6500 in 2014, nobody. they bought it cause they wanted it, and most probably figured they'd lost a few hundred bucks just by opening the box. That's the standard on Sterns since back in the day.

So the idea that suddenly people are gonna stop buying NIB Stern games because of the ever-present VE threat is absolutely ridiculous. It's ALWAYS been a crapshoot buying NIB pins and in most cases you've lost money just driving it off the lot. Ask people who bought WOF, CSI, T3, WPT, Ripley's etc. how their "investment" turned out. Yet Stern has kept on cranking out NIB pins and more and more homebuyers are taking them.

VE ain't costing anybody any business. All it's "threatening" is the speculator market, which is incredibly tiny and always incredibly unstable anyway. The only people Iron Man VE pissed off were a) people who had just dropped $6500 on one a week earlier, and B) hoarders who thought they were gonna retire off of them. Group A have no reason to be pissed off at anybody but themselves, and Group B is such an insignificant part of the NIB market that even if they never bought again, Stern wouldn't notice.

#37 9 years ago

I love the "VE's" bring'em on.....the more machines in the wild the better!

I don't give a crap about what the used market does. If the value of my collection goes down then so does the cost of replacing it! As long as I can sell one to buy one or make a trade then I'm good.

#38 9 years ago

I'm very happy with used pros under 4k. I'd be happier at $3,500, but the stars were in alignment here. I didn't have to do anything but make a phone call, send an email, click a few buttons on paypal and the game should show up on Sunday. Plus the shaker is worth $170ish to me and the LEDs maybe another $100ish? I'd prefer the games to come with them = less work for me.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

I'm very happy with used pros under 4k. I'd be happier at $3,500, but the stars were in alignment here. I didn't have to do anything but make a phone call, send an email, click a few buttons on paypal and the game should show up on Sunday. Plus the shaker is worth $170ish to me and the LEDs maybe another $100ish? I'd prefer the games to come with them = less work for me.

Doughslingers was routed all 4 years out of the box, also. It is far away too.

#40 9 years ago

I'm dropping off Flintstones on Friday, UGA vs. Troy on Saturday, selling T3 and receiving IronMan on Sunday. It's going to be a busy weekend.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

You're right. The game has sold so I will oblige. What you said in this paragraph that I quoted is your most salient point. Pinball is pretty much an inbred hobby. It might be "growing", but long-term trends are not good. The same games float around to the same few people.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

You're right. The game has sold so I will oblige. What you said in this paragraph that I quoted is your most salient point. Pinball is pretty much an inbred hobby. It might be "growing", but long-term trends are not good. The same games float around to the same few people.

Pinball's target market is 35-55 males, sorry ladies, who have some disposable income and who need something fun to take a break from work, family, taxes and lawn work. Man Caves are on the rise last time I heard. Remember that you can actually play these things and it can be as social as you make it, unlike sport collectibles, comics, baseball cards and hot toys, which are cool, but not near as fun.

Some keep pinball the hobby to themselves, others invite anyone they know to come and play and enjoy what they enjoy. Those people who share are the best promoters of the pinball.

It is a small pond also. We don't need huge numbers added to keep the market alive.

People knowing that these pins are likely to go down is a good thing and better to realize it now, rather than later when people are hoarding 5 LOTR's hoping they all go up $100 a month.

Everything will be OK, but if another IM comes up at $3500 look out!

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

You can get a brand new IMVE for $4700 shipped (with a few upgrades to boot).

It's highly subjective whether those were really upgrades. I'd rather have a dialed-in original for $300-500 less, but that's just me.

#44 9 years ago

IronMan arrived today! I can't get pictures to post but it is pretty nice.

2 weeks later
#45 9 years ago

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am really enjoying Wolfy's old IronMan. Thanks Wolfy! And thank you to ZenTron for doing the driving.

image-923.jpgimage-923.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2010-iron-man-for-sale-3900-3901 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.