Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Streetras
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

In replacing #44 lamps with #47, the flashing lights come on but none of the lamps which remain on. The voltage coming from the transformer to the Power Supply Board is fine as well. The flashing lamps show 5.6 v AC but the non-flashing lamps show
3.3 v. Can the GI connections on the playfield (non-flashing lamps) affect the lamps on the backglass? I have triple checked all connectors but remain stumped by this straight-forward issue. Any advice would be appreciated.

#2 9 years ago

I'm a little confused by what you wrote. I assume when you say 'flashing lights' you don't mean flashers but rather controlled lights that go on and off under inserts on the playfield? Also, I assume what you mean by 'non-flashing' lights are the GI lights...the ones that are always on for general illumination?

The GI light connectors are notorious for for failing on the power supply board. If you see any tarnished pins, burned connectors or housings, chances are the GI strings are either open (off) or tarnished (dim). The lamps in the backglass are on a GI string as well. Typically 2 or more for the playfield and 2 or more for the backbox. Sometimes traces on the power supply board can be burned and fuses blown that will also cause GI strings to not illuminate.

#3 9 years ago

Which power supply is in your bk? The GI connectors suck butt. There is a gi relay to in black knight. Check there.

#4 9 years ago

+1 for the GI relay, these can often be flaky.

#5 9 years ago

+2 for GI Relay, make sure the brown and red wire are still soldered to the diode, when I bought
my BK recently and got it home the brown wire had come unsoldered.

#6 9 years ago

Hopefully Hans will chime in. He's the BK expert in these necks.

#7 9 years ago

Will that williams system cycle the relay guys where the owner can actually see the a/c voltage toggling on and off I know that was how I checked my sys9 GI lighting when it was out it ended up being like three bad connections lol...

1 week later
#8 9 years ago

Found out that the problem stemmed from the fuse. It looked perfect and even tested ok on my fusetester but I rechecked it for continuity and no luck. Replaced with another & the GI lights are working. Now I have to correct my switch issue as well as #1 solenoid that keeps operating once the game is turned on. Thanks all for your suggestions.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,059.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westjordan, UT
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1980-black-knight-gi-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.