Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Mike_B
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hello Folks! Thanks for all the great help thus far, Especially from pinheadpierre who took the time to get me started on fixing some mechanical issues on my 65 Moulin Rouge. I have quite a bit to tackle but since I know the lights all work on the ball count unit, I would start with that.

Here's what it's doing. On system reset it works fine and resets to the correct notches on the wheel. My issue is that the lights 1 - 5 do not come on when they are supposed to. They do however act funny by coming on every other game or so... For example, I'll play a new game and I wont get a ball indicator until i'm on ball 3, and the 3 light will magically turn on... next game it might be 4 or 5. lol insane.

Some things i've noticed.... i put a circuit tester on the wire for light 1 when ball 1 is in play and I get no power going to the light. I've also noticed that the whole unit itself has some form of current going through it by putting the tester on a ground and on the unit metal.

Peter mentioned that I should take the whole unit apart, clean the contacts, lube it up and reassemble it.... i'm totally confident in my ability to do this but I was looking for a step by step if these one out there, not sure where to begin with removing it. Where would I find the contacts that need to be cleaned on this thing?

Thanks for all the advice! - Mike

#2 6 years ago

www.pinrepair.com/em has everything you need

#3 6 years ago

Awesome - With a quick glance of that webpage I found the stepper units... i bet my problem lies in the contacts on that wheel... can't wait to get home and check it out.

#4 6 years ago

Just to close this up, the problem was dirty contacts after all. A little fine sandpaper to clean them up and get them shiny again on all contact areas the problem was fixed. Cleaned and lubed the stepper at the same time - works perfect. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

- Mike

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Egg Harbor Township, NJ

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1965-williams-ball-count-unit-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.