Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cards25
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Checkered Flag for Profit (resized).png

This topic is closed.

#1 1 year ago

A non-pinball playing buddy of mine who is into cars sent me this Bring A Trailer listing for a Checkpoint that gaveled at $11,500:

Checkered Flag for ProfitCheckered Flag for Profit

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1990-data-east-checkpoint-pinball/

So...I know where I'm listing my High Speed when I eventually sell! Sheesh.

This did get me thinking - does it makes sense to sell certain games to a specific hobbyist crowd instead of inside the pinball ecosystem? On the plus side, there might be huge profits to be made if you can find the right niche site. Downsides might be dealing with people not used to the process of moving (and then maintaining) pinball machines. BaT deals in cars that often require shipping, so the users on that site are already conditioned to work with shippers.

Crazy times.

#2 1 year ago

Of course. Sold my Dale Jr to a guy who never bought a pinball machine but was a huge nascar fan.

#3 1 year ago

It's pretty commonly believed that there's more Stern Beatles machines in the hands of Beatles fans than of pinball fans, right? Maybe also Elvis.

#5 1 year ago

I'm still sifting through the comments on BaT...but noticed that Joe Kaminkow commented and offered to autograph the game for the winnder. That's pretty cool.

#6 1 year ago

Sorry about that. Lock this bad boy down ForceFlow or robin !

#7 1 year ago

IBTL!

#9 1 year ago

What the hell, IBTL too.

#11 1 year ago

I'm in....just before the lock!!

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/11500-checkpoint-selling-advice-for-future-games and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.