(Topic ID: 172492)

'03 honda cr-v as pin hauler

By ATLpb

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Anyone have experience with removing back seats of a Honda Cr-v and using a pin hauler?

#2 7 years ago

Used to have one; worked great for hauling pins! No problem fitting a WPC game inside with head on; huge back door and no downward slope to the roof in back.

I almost died hauling my BK2K home in winter but that was b/c I followed Garmin on a fire-road that was blocked by snow after I climbed an icy hill! Don't do that and you'll be fine. (probably not a problem in GA!)

On ours the rear passenger-side seat adjuster broke when the seat was in the middle of its front-rear range. This made it impossible to tumble the seat forward so I would always remove the seat-back when hauling pins. IIRC it was only 3-4 bolts. That worked fine for pin-hauling, probably same result if you removed the seat entirely. I didn't have to do anything to the other rear seat, I might have fold/ tumbled it forward, I can't recall...

#5 7 years ago

Driving one right now, WPC, Widebody Bally SS and regular Stern/Bally SS all confirmed to fit.

#6 7 years ago

I'm also looking at CX-5's and CX-7's.

the pin wiki seems a little scarce on these. Can anyone elaborate?
    the cx-7 is the larger vehicle, so very strange that it couldn't fit a game?
    "
    CX-5 (Unspecified year) - Anything but a System 3.
    CX-7 (2010) - Tried to move a badcats and it did not fit. Needed about another 2 inches of clearance. So, pins with a backbox that folds down will not fit; but older em/ss where the head comes off should be fine. You also could unbolt the head of the ones that fold and bring it down the playfield a bit; and they might fit.
    "

#7 7 years ago

We have two CR-Vs, different generations (2000 and 2011), and have hauled pins no sweat in both of them.

#8 7 years ago

Great Link!! I had to check on the status of my Jeep Wrangler 2dr just to make sure I wasn't trying to put it in their wrong. Yep.... confirmed will NOT fit.

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from ATLpb:

I'm also looking at CX-5's and CX-7's.
    the pin wiki seems a little scarce on these. Can anyone elaborate?
    the cx-7 is the larger vehicle, so very strange that it couldn't fit a game?
    "
    CX-5 (Unspecified year) - Anything but a System 3.
    CX-7 (2010) - Tried to move a badcats and it did not fit. Needed about another 2 inches of clearance. So, pins with a backbox that folds down will not fit; but older em/ss where the head comes off should be fine. You also could unbolt the head of the ones that fold and bring it down the playfield a bit; and they might fit.
    "

Honda>Mazda

Ive had 2 CRV and I have loved them both. The first one saved my ass twice in accidents (not caused by me )

#10 7 years ago

I have a 2005 CRV and it works great as a pin hauler. Fold the rear seat backs down and slide them forward. Lay a couple of boards on the seat backs and you can slide any cab with a folded head in. I have it down to a science. I have even hauled two EMs this way.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from ATLpb:

Anyone have experience with removing back seats of a Honda Cr-v and using a pin hauler?

You can remove the seats but don't need to.

#12 7 years ago

Mini-vans are great for pins especially Dodge caravan with stow & go seating. Seats fold right into the floor so it turns into a cargo van. The more luxury model is the Chrysler town & country, same deal.
    I believe the all new Chrysler pacifica does the same thing also.

#13 7 years ago

That generation crv is perfect. Just flip the seats forward, lay down a blanket, and you're good to go. I usually put back end in first and the plunger has just enough room to clear the back door. Hauled WPCs and Sterns no problem!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/03-honda-cr-v-as-pin-hauler and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.