(Topic ID: 344792)

007 Bond Scuba Kick Mod - Taking Deposits!

By gumnut01

6 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 680 posts
  • 131 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by Ypaddave
  • Topic is favorited by 63 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3598 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3597 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8219 (resized).jpeg
20240322_113752 (resized).jpg
20240402_142321 (resized).jpg
20240403_103050 (resized).jpg
A69F4153-4A3D-4A35-9277-F75FCDB9192A (resized).jpeg
C54B650E-9569-4FD8-95D1-3C841F72F28C (resized).jpeg
20240229_161619 (resized).jpg
5D1DE556-16B7-4476-95D7-9F9B6C175652 (resized).jpeg
A4835C86-805B-41D9-B315-D35688EA45ED (resized).jpeg
48262965-61A3-4307-B934-C23AD4DB2B2E (resized).jpeg
672D624D-D45B-4643-9F1B-5FC52D1A1694 (resized).jpeg
DBBA2B36-E6DE-425C-9753-5952E5948F2A (resized).jpeg
IMG_0940 (resized).jpeg
There are 680 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 14.
#501 3 months ago
Quoted from DavidCPA:

FYI, Love this mod. Last weekend was It Never Drains Southern California (INDISC). During the twitch stream of one of the tournaments, they had a Bond Pro, unmodified. These top tier players where shaking the machine like crazy on the scuba exit just stop SDTM drains. My buddy, who was down there texted me and admitted that now he understood why I like it so much.

Thanks David! Great feedback. A game should never punish for making a successful shot in my opinion. The only exception being stand ups.

#502 3 months ago

Check out these pro player dealing with this issue. Times and link below.

Shake to stop SDTM -10:38:38
Crazy shake again to stop SDTM - 10:38.50
Did no shake - SDTM - 10:42:10
Even crazier shake to stope SDTM - 10:50:15

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2025685155

Pros should not have to deal with this issue.

#503 3 months ago

I'm in for my PRe!!

#504 3 months ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I'm in for my PRe!!

Welcome hawkmoon you’re going to love it! Thanks for joining the club.

#505 3 months ago

It also seems to be so random over all the machines where it actually shoots the ball to. Difficult to say what the builder of the machine wanted it to do, but seems much more logical to have something predictable happen, especially when the eject can make needed progress shots automatically for you... seems cheating either way.

For the record, mine hits the tank, bumper by pops and then to the upper flipper, like 80% of the time. I probably only have 2-5% STDM shots from the scuba eject. I haven't installed my upgrade yet, both due to laziness and fine with how mine works at the moment. I plan on installing it this weekend because I think my friends will enjoy the game more with it and I can't see a problem with it. I also wanted to have one for the future and incase they aren't for sale at some point... I think it too great a mod for this machine to pass up!

#506 3 months ago

I am an average player at best. And I love this mod. My machine flavor is scoop -Tank - scoop -Tank. Or Scoop - Tank - SDTM.

In the owners thread, you see comments about the eject inconsistently consistent vs “Random”.

Some folks Pops, some folks multiple re-scoops and some folks high % SDTM.

I do not believe in perfect design. I believe in perfect intent. When intent meets physics = things go sideways.

If this scoop had a design / mechanism that intentionally created random distribution, this mod would not have needed to be designed. As the random spin of the wheel would have added to the game.

But the repetitive, non-intuitive outcome was where physics and budget beat out intention.

So this mod “fixed” unintended consequences. And looks badass doing it.

#Cheaters_4_Life

#507 3 months ago
Quoted from Allmoney:

I am an average player at best. And I love this mod. My machine flavor is scoop -Tank - scoop -Tank. Or Scoop - Tank - SDTM.
In the owners thread, you see comments about the eject inconsistently consistent vs “Random”.
Some folks Pops, some folks multiple re-scoops and some folks high % SDTM.
I do not believe in perfect design. I believe in perfect intent. When intent meets physics = things go sideways.
If this scoop had a design / mechanism that intentionally created random distribution, this mod would not have needed to be designed. As the random spin of the wheel would have added to the game.
But the repetitive, non-intuitive outcome was where physics and budget beat out intention.
So this mod “fixed” unintended consequences. And looks badass doing it.
#Cheaters_4_Life

Couldn’t have put it better myself. Just had another mate say how much he loves bond and also had played one recently that has our mod. He said it makes it so much better.

I can bet you everyone who is upset about how this mod changes the game for the worse has not played a bond with this mod.

#508 3 months ago

Hi all,

The deposits are coming in for the second batch.

Could EVERYONE please ensure that you put an email address in the form. Please also tick the permission box so we can contact you when the mod is ready. I can't stress this enough.

If you have already paid a deposit, could you please check that you have included an email address (you can check in your order confimation). If you haven't, then just flick me a message and I'll add it manually. Likewise if you missed your Pinside name in the comments field, I can add that manually.

Update on production.

I've ordered the next batch of stainless steel etched plates and am also in the process of obtaining the necessary hardware.

I'm finishing off a sculpture in the next week or so, and then I'll start bending the wireforms.

Thanks again for the continued support!

David

#509 3 months ago

Hurry up!!

#510 3 months ago

I just paid the deposit ORDER #1279.
In my confirmation I don’t see my e-mailadres so I may have forgotten to add it.

#511 3 months ago
Quoted from Mr_G_Hosting:

I just paid the deposit ORDER #1279.
In my confirmation I don’t see my e-mailadres so I may have forgotten to add it.

No probs, we have got your pinside Id. All good!

#512 3 months ago

Still a few days left for voting on our mod in the TWIPYs!

#513 3 months ago

Deposit paid today. Didn’t give me option for pinside name. I’ll PM you info

Quoted from gumnut01:

Hi Bond Scuba enthusiasts!!!
We are opening the deposits for the 2nd run.
So to pay your deposits please do the following:
1) go to
https://pinball.avidcreations.com.au/products/deposit-007-bond-scuba-kick-mod-stern
2) click add to cart
3) click on the cart in the top right hand corner
[quoted image]
4) enter your pinside ID in the order details
[quoted image]
5) click on check out
6) post on this thread that you paid your deposit
If you weren’t able to enter your pinside Id don’t fret let either Dave or myself know.
Thanks everyone!!

#514 3 months ago
Quoted from Megeant:Deposit paid today. Didn’t give me option for pinside name. I’ll PM you info

Thanks for that! Got you noted no probs.

Yeah it’s the additional notes and you can only get to it if you click on the cart at the top right after it’s added.

It’s a little bit hidden.

#515 3 months ago

Just paid the deposit #1282

#516 3 months ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Just paid the deposit #1282

Thank you @blakester!!

#517 3 months ago

Ross just reached out to me to ask about the 2 ball test and cabinet bumpers.

First of all go for the lowest VUK setting that fires out with 1 ball. Usually this is around 12.

Then pop 2 balls in there and see if it will move the top ball out after 2-3 attempts. This may mean that you have to up your power. Mine handles 2 balls at 14.

The reason it takes 2-3 attempts is because the top ball maybe sitting further down the playfield (closer to the player) where we don’t want it rather than towards the entrance point where we do want the 2nd ball.

Here’s a photo of the top ball in the wrong position this will take 2-3 shots to bounce the ball in a better position
5489F2B6-4A7E-41B9-8DCF-F37BF92A7679 (resized).jpeg5489F2B6-4A7E-41B9-8DCF-F37BF92A7679 (resized).jpeg
Here’s where the top ball is in a good position and should bounce it out the entrance in one go
8F6965C9-5D13-4B54-A6DA-857F7DC650BD (resized).jpeg8F6965C9-5D13-4B54-A6DA-857F7DC650BD (resized).jpeg
I can’t test this but you maybe able to put a cabinet bumper in the bottom right corner to help
Push the 2nd ball further up the playfield (Dave cut the wall off my VUK so it is different to the one you have). I marked the spot with a red dot.
EA0327B0-2873-4BDB-9A94-A5576E3770E7 (resized).jpegEA0327B0-2873-4BDB-9A94-A5576E3770E7 (resized).jpeg
Anyway at the end of the day repeat fires are a fact of life with this mod and 2 balls and no avoiding but if it can be minimised then great. Let me know how you all go.

#518 3 months ago

My ejects have been working fine on whatever the stock power is (13 maybe?). During MBs when several balls are in the VUK, it will eject the extra ball out to the playfield the "old" way and fire the other ball up on to the wireform.

#519 3 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

My ejects have been working fine on whatever the stock power is (13 maybe?). During MBs when several balls are in the VUK, it will eject the extra ball out to the playfield the "old" way and fire the other ball up on to the wireform.

This is how mine is working and I have it set to 13. Stock was originally set to 15 for me.

#520 3 months ago

please remove me from the list, thank you!

#521 3 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Quoted from AssaultSuit:

This is how mine is working and I have it set to 13. Stock was originally set to 15 for me.

Thanks. I had tested this quite a bit. Good to know it’s working as intended. Just wanted to make sure no one was having an issue.

#522 3 months ago

Order #1286

#523 3 months ago

Thank you Mr Bond.

#524 3 months ago

Just submitted my deposit for order #1287. Just PM me if you need my e-mail address.

#525 3 months ago
Quoted from TheGodfather:

Just submitted my deposit for order #1287. Just PM me if you need my e-mail address.

Thank you! Will do.

#526 3 months ago

I had a few people over last night and the consensus was that this mod was a major improvement to the fun of 007 and that it was a natural fit…almost like the game should have been designed this way.

#527 3 months ago

Deposit paid, Order #1289

#528 3 months ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

I had a few people over last night and the consensus was that this mod was a major improvement to the fun of 007 and that it was a natural fit…almost like the game should have been designed this way.

The revolution continues ….

#529 3 months ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

Yep had another mate Audioenslaved come around yesterday arvo and play it and said it was so much better. He’s a big fan of the game. He’s also another tournament player.

I don’t think we have one customer that is unhappy with it.

Thanks for the awesome feedback!!

#530 3 months ago

Deposit made. Order 1292

#531 3 months ago

Really appreciate those that have paid their deposits in this first week.

Thanks so much for all the support. Once a few more deposits come in, I'll get started on the wireforms.

The metal plates were ordered last week, however the company only got back to work this Monday after the Christmas break, so they should be getting those started this week.

If you have a mate that would love to grab a mod as well, then I'm happy to do combined postage for two or more mods.

Keep in mind for those countries with import tax thresholds, you may find that combining postage would mean the overall pricing may push you over that threshold.

Keep you updated when production gets started.

Thanks again.

#532 3 months ago

Just paid deposit, thanks!
I have a JBLE if it matters
Nick

#533 3 months ago

Hey everyone that’s 50 on the list now! Thank you to everyone.

#534 3 months ago

Deposit Paid
Order #1298

#535 3 months ago
Quoted from CKM6-5:

Deposit Paid
Order #1298

Thanks, and welcome! gumnut01 will add you to the list.

#536 3 months ago
Quoted from Ypaddave:

Thanks, and welcome! gumnut01 will add you to the list.

Done.

1 week later
#537 3 months ago

Hey everyone.

So David came to me doing his big road trip from Adelaide to Sydney.

I have just travelled down to David on a cruise to meet on Australia Day for a huge announcement!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

We are happy to announce our official Spring Collection. That’s right we have merch. Stay tuned David and I will be modelling soon!

Also David has bent the first 50 wireforms, metal etching is happening and we are trying to develop a new VUK bracket to fix delays with 2 balls. For first gen I will develop a 3D print to resolve.

Has been quiet just want to let you know we are moving along.

141E7DDD-CBBC-417F-AC89-8C9FA1FC5A50 (resized).jpeg141E7DDD-CBBC-417F-AC89-8C9FA1FC5A50 (resized).jpeg

#538 3 months ago

As mentioned above, the wireforms are coming along. I've been building a few other wireforms to re-stock my store. These include DE JP and CFTBL wavy rails and upkicker wireforms.

I see we still have a few deposits yet to be paid. If you could get those in, that'd be greatly appreciated.

The new merch is really tongue in cheek, mainly due to the controversy surrounding our mod. We've kept it as cheap as possible, and I think I might make about a dollar or so per sale, so it's not a money making exercise at all. Wether you love our mod or not, the merch is just a bit of fun. Images to follow later today.

20240123_172044 (resized).jpg20240123_172044 (resized).jpg20240125_162604 (resized).jpg20240125_162604 (resized).jpg
#539 3 months ago

Please please please say you have bond cheaters club merch ***. My PayPal is burning on fire. Make sure you add mod of year endorsement. It’s not an evolution. It’s a revolution.

#540 3 months ago

Here you go:

DA9E74D6-0DEE-4A8B-AD20-A7C960142F3C (resized).jpegDA9E74D6-0DEE-4A8B-AD20-A7C960142F3C (resized).jpeg
Happy Australia Day!

David will link to the t-shirts store, you just order direct. I had some input into the asterisk design, David’s genius did everything else.

This is just a bit of fun.

Enjoy!

#541 3 months ago

Wow! Well done. I’ll be in queue shortly <insert slow golf clap>

#542 3 months ago

I have my deposit in,and waiting!

#543 3 months ago

Ordered ….

IMG_7635 (resized).pngIMG_7635 (resized).png
#544 3 months ago
Quoted from Allmoney:

Ordered ….
[quoted image]

Thanks for the order!! Enjoy the T-shirt!!

If anyone else feels like joining the Cheaters Club, you can order from

https://pinball.avidcreations.com.au/collections/scuba-kick-club

Have fun!!

#545 3 months ago

Shirt ordered! Allmoney If I see you on the street wearing this shirt I lose my sh*t!

#546 3 months ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

Shirt ordered! Allmoney If I see you on the street wearing this shirt I lose my sh*t!

The distance and chances are slim. But I hopped on a London bus one time and saw a buddy from college, that I graduated 10 years previously in Virginia. So …. See you soon.

#547 3 months ago

Been there done that got the t-shirt….

Can’t wait to proudly represent the Cheater’s Club at TPF!

#548 3 months ago
Quoted from Allmoney:

The distance and chances are slim. But I hopped on a London bus one time and saw a buddy from college, that I graduated 10 years previously in Virginia. So …. See you soon.

I work in Baltimore County and drive around as part of my job. Sometimes it takes me close enough to Crabtown to stop there for a few games.

#549 3 months ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

I work in Baltimore County and drive around as part of my job. Sometimes it takes me close enough to Crabtown to stop there for a few games.

When I go out I usually go to Holy Frijoles in Hampden. There is a new brewery that has some sweet premium and LE’s that I have not made it to yet … Wico Street Beer co in Federal Hill.

#550 89 days ago
Quoted from Allmoney:

Ordered ….
[quoted image]

Quoted from AssaultSuit:

Haha!!!

You guys crack me up. Thanks for your support! The t’s turned out pretty good.

Just got back from my cruise about to disembark. Now I can start doing important things. Like pinside.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.50
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

11,500 (Firm)
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 680 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/007-bond-scuba-kick-mod-taking-orders/page/11?hl=parsonsaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.