20230106_140355 (resized).jpg
20230106_140544 (resized).jpg
20230106_135751 (resized).jpg
20230106_140542 (resized).jpg
20230106_135714 (resized).jpg
FE77F661-987D-441E-8FA2-BD99EF5E1C54 (resized).jpeg
pinside.8e0a218ab27750ffb412ae9bb9ccd8978c3680e7 (resized).jpg
pinside.2c1176fd3f8e5c4bad9fcb4d3c49cb3dfc4dcadc (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luckymoey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 6 months ago

I appreciate the Op’s post and agree with many of his points for improvement. With that said, my experience while not perfect has been no where near as bad. My Heist was a relatively early build and I could not get the crane to work properly. Multimorphic offered to replace it and it has been rock solid since. My LL has been all good since day 1. My WA had a badly bent side rail from shipping. They again offered to replace the module but I opted to straighten it myself and they sent me replacement parts just in case I wanted to tackle replacing down the road. And one opto needed adjustment. My FR is in the mail and hopefully will be good to go.

Totally agree the modules are packed and complicated so anything that can be done to improve reliability and maintainability would be great. My experience though is that shipping damage is the major issue requiring much more robust module packaging.

I certainly wouldn’t cancel any existing orders sine MM will make it right, including shipping you a replacement module if needed.

#61 6 months ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

On a recent Pinball Show, Zach Meny, who rarely has anything bad to say about a pin, didn't pull any punches on his experience owning a P3. He couldn't get rid of his fast enough. Had to sell it with a non working topper.
I'm a huge Weird Al fan. Used to listen to his college radio show in San Luis Obispo way back in the day. Met him twice (super nice guy). If someone with advanced tech skills can't keep it operational, then I'm out. It's a shame as it's my grail theme.

Zach wasn’t complaining about repair issues but the duel flipper buttons and very different menu/diagnostic system. And don’t recall him saying anything about getting rid of it fast enough. Believe he got on trade and flipped like he does dozens of other games.

There are plenty of fair pros and cons to discuss about the P3., but the “not real pinball” is ridiculous at this point IMO, especially with the launch of Final Resistance.

#67 6 months ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

In episode 138 at the 49 minute mark, he calls it a "design mess", mentions the motor on the topper wasn't working, talks about how it wasn't identifying the modules and how the ball would hop on the modules, how it's programmed wrong on the screen and the buttons aren't labeled correctly. He also criticizes the operating system.

Don’t want to belabor, but if you’re truly interested in P3 should keep his comments in perspective and research further. The hop between modules is a 15 minute easy adjustment of wall/scoop height. It’s not programmed wrong and the buttons aren’t labeled incorrectly, the diagnostic menu system is not intuitive and very different from traditional pinball. I agree with him that this is a con that should be improved but is minor in the scheme of owing the system. The operating architecture itself is absolutely fine, certainly more robust than the mess of Pinball Brothers and ever changing Spooky system. It’s basically the same as American Pinball (without the polished user interface) who uses Multimorphic’s boards.

#77 6 months ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Can you clarify — the servo scoops have to be adjusted every time you switch modules?? Or is it a one time thing or?

I have the original coil system which doesn’t require adjustment, and am 99% sure the servo set up is the same. The servos are actually suppose to be easier to level through the software vs. having to do mechanically under the playfield.

#134 6 months ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Thanks for making p3 (a real innovation)!

And the P-ROC and P3-ROC board systems that were a major catalyst for homebrew pinball, and the entry of so many new pinball companies that could never develop their own proprietary systems.

If you love the hobby, not only playing but the engineering, rich history, personalities…Gerry and Multimorphic deserve major respect as belonging to a select group of real innovators and industry entrepreneurs.

The P3 obviously needs to continue to evolve but to call it “a mess,” “prototype,” etc. is a gross exaggeration and disservice IMO. Overall it’s an impressively engineered, very well built machine with some repairable weak points that have surfaced with broader, heavier use and a growing base of diverse owners. That doesn’t discount the disappointment and frustration of buying a very expensive machine that doesn’t work out of the box or requires one too many repairs, but also shouldn’t overshadow the many pros and growing list of great, fun games.

It’s certainly not for everyone, but it would be a shame to rely too heavily on this thread in making a buying decision. It’s a big, expensive purchase of a different animal that should be well understood, ideally by “kicking the tires” and playing an actual machine.

Edit - And I’m not a MM Discord member or fanboy type, but love pinball and cool, innovative engineering so am willing to work through the growing pains of an innovative product with a responsive company.

#155 6 months ago

Believe Gerry mentioned above, but installed my Final Resistance this weekend and was happy to see no servos or 3D printed parts, just good old coils, magnets and metal. Worked perfectly out of the box - just one data point, but I’m happy. Game is fantastic.

FE77F661-987D-441E-8FA2-BD99EF5E1C54 (resized).jpegFE77F661-987D-441E-8FA2-BD99EF5E1C54 (resized).jpeg
#204 6 months ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

The one I assume you and I play the most has maybe a 10% chance of reaching that magnet, and you have to pure it on the fly which isn’t easy.

Then something is wrong with game / set-up. Have played three different WA’s and that shot is easy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

11,500 (OBO)
$ 20.00
1,600 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Round Rock, TX
8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luckymoey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-an-open-letter-to-multimorphic?tu=luckymoey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.