Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by jrpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

A friend of mine is looking to buy the above machine but he reckons its got a wrong head on it, i.e not a reverse wedge head type

IPDB shows in it's description that it's a reverse wedgehead, yet a couple of their images seem to be showing, from 2 different owners, heads that are the later Williams style.

Did Williams have a change from one style to the other during production?

#2 6 years ago

All of the photos of River Boat on the IPDB show reverse wedgeheads. Look at the distance between the top edge of the glass to the outside edge of the head compared to the bottom edge of the glass.

#3 6 years ago

Strictly a reverse-wedgehead game.

#4 6 years ago

Thanks for clarifying that for me. This means that the machine offered has the wrong head on it!

Doug.

#5 6 years ago

The first Williams reverse wedgehead game "Trade Winds" is the only one that can be found with a rectangular head. The sales flyer shows it that way, so obviously they were the early production ones. The only other variation that I've seen in the series is two different paint schemes on the head of "Heat Wave".

#6 6 years ago

also ten spot came in two different cabinets. Actually it was going to be a styling of the sixties cabinet seen in their promo flyer and ended up being the cabinet they used up to the reverse wedgeheads. that head you have now might be pre reverse wedgie from a machine like ten spot or reserve... etc

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from singlezero:

also ten spot came in two different cabinets. Actually it was going to be a styling of the sixties cabinet seen in their promo flyer and ended up being the cabinet they used up to the reverse wedgeheads. that head you have now might be pre reverse wedgie from a machine like ten spot or reserve... etc

Going back another generation, "Darts" came in both woodrail and "styling of the sixties" cabinets. The woodrail version is much less common.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-riverboat-1964-head-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.