• Art Package took my money 5 votes
    4%
  • Designer 15 votes
    12%
  • Layout is intriguing 65 votes
    52%

(126 votes)

#1 6 years ago

I for one was not interested in Iron Maiden until I saw the layout and art work.
Having tried to like the music without much success, I still am drawn to the game.
Much like Metallica I have been memorized to brink of purchase based on layout and art package alone.
This made me wonder why so many others have jumped on in such short time.

So what is it that forced money from your pin account if you have taken the plunge?

#2 6 years ago

For me it was the theme iron maiden is a dream theme for me and the layout and rules look great.

#3 6 years ago

What about all of the above?? That’s why I am buying!

#5 6 years ago

For me it was Layout first. Art second. Designer third. Theme/Music last. But in the past two weeks I have been re-introducing myself to the band and remembering why I loved them back in the day. Now I'd say Iron Maiden is a huge part of my excitement for this.

I've been a massive metal head since about the age of 6. And to me Iron Maiden is the most "metal" of all metal bands, not in their sound obviously - they are far from what I would call heavy compared to most bands - but in their whole package. Iron Maiden is super fun over the top badass fantasy, they created an incredible world that is equal parts music and lore. They don't take themselves seriously (or at least are able to laugh at themselves for times they have). In many ways, they are the well from which almost everything we love about metal is drawn from - the blueprint so many bands have started from (and improved upon).

I love Metallica with all my heart - their music means the world to me - but I don't necessarily want to play pinball while listening to One or Fade to Black. MET is an incredible game for sure, but in a way those songs are too meaningful to me to listen to every time I plunge a ball. But Iron Maiden is just pure over-the-top ridiculous fun. And it's fast and energetic and exciting and thus perfect for pinball. You can choose to enjoy the music (which is genuinely amazing) or just zone it out as awesome badass silly metal background music (although the infectious choruses will eventually pull you in I think).

I feel like we're getting a crazy cool original badass fantasy themed pinball table with a badass Egyptian theme, an innovative layout, a brilliant new designer and incredible fun music to play pinball to, and I'm totally psyched.

#6 6 years ago

Watched deadflip made me want the game even more.....pics of Prem please.

#7 6 years ago

For me the layout is the result of the designer. Really should be the same choice. But yes, KME is the total reason. If this was another copycat layout it would be a dud. The fact that the artwork is awesome is what throws it over the top into POTENTIAL classic territory.

#8 6 years ago

Designer & layout...which are kind of the same thing to me.

#9 6 years ago

You really need to add all of the above to the poll.

#10 6 years ago

You need to add the poll option "because we're idiots, don't learn our lesson about incomplete code, defects, pf issues, cab issues, <insert gripe threads we'll see in a month>"

I laugh when I see people jumping on preorders still because half of them will be complaining about something 2 weeks after they start shipping. People don't learn.

#11 6 years ago

Good question? Why ?

#12 6 years ago

Theme and Layout is huge for me. It's also cool that it's fresh blood behind the design.

#13 6 years ago

Not to be a Debbie downer for those that are buying but I am holding off. I like IM but I do not love them. Kiss I totally love..Metallica I totally love at least the old stuff.

Layout looks interesting and can’t wait to play it. Game play will be the deciding factor for me so until then not buying. This was actually the same way I felt about Metallica mostly because of the artwork......from pictures it looked like a comic book threw up all over it. As soon as my distributor got a pro in I went and checked it out side by side next to WOZ....The fun factor was there and I couldn’t get one soon enough. The art looked much better in person. WOZ is pretty for sure and is one of the few wide body games like.

#14 6 years ago

because dimples

#15 6 years ago

I'm not buying one, but the artwork makes me wish we could see a new originally themed ancient Egyptian game. Lots of really fun source material there: hidden passages, deep adventurous rules, lush art, humor... could be a winner.

#16 6 years ago

I’m a huge Maiden fan so theme is a large driving force but that said. Had the layout been boring or they would have missed it with the art package I would have had to think about it. After watching the second deadflip stream it just looks like they knocked it way out of the park.

#17 6 years ago

I'm into the theme, but the Elwin demo made the rules and layout sound fantastic. It really does seem to be the total package. I'm going to bet this is Stern's best seller in 5-10 years.

#18 6 years ago

I'm still in doubt if I should buy it but it's all of the above. I think firstly for the music, second for the original layout.
I have a MET and haven't bought any new Sterns, wasn't really interested in any of them the last years, but this looks like something different and fun to play.
I just want a new, fun game and think this will be it.

#19 6 years ago

Every option except the first one. Like the game but not a big fan of their music. To each there own.

#20 6 years ago

Layout and art look great, theme is meh, but same goes for metallica for me, and Id consider owning one of those too since its a solid game.

Although, man I wish he would have gotten guardians, or jurassic world or something...

#21 6 years ago

All of the reasons. Theme and layout most though.

#22 6 years ago

Not purchasing yet, but tempted due to KME of sorts. Original design with time to bake. His first project so the chance of it being abandoned like other games seems lower. Keith’s gameplay knowledge and skill will definitely influence the rules. A fresh perspective from the FNG.. so I guess KME

And it Iron Fn Maiden. A desirable theme.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.50
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

6,500 (OBO)
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Wanted
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-are-we-buying-iron-maiden-poll-added and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.