(Topic ID: 341426)

Venom (Stern) Owner's Club. Choose Your Host, Change the Game!

By friscopinball

9 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,770 posts
  • 292 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 minutes ago by gumnut01
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Whic version of Venom are you buying?”

• LE 91 votes
    49%
  • Premium 62 votes
    34%
  • Pro 32 votes
    17%

(185 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E5318E20-AE2C-43CF-8FEC-826E6289E811 (resized).jpeg
1CFE5385-B2CD-4B2E-9C8C-36A0F8F88716 (resized).jpeg
7FCDE69F-9983-42D8-BC94-D96355F7F9CB (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
2472E697-F63C-4AD7-848B-5D9A8C61A8E0 (resized).jpeg
1C2213B4-86C8-4DDC-A3AB-CECAA81CA09D (resized).jpeg
DCF2122A-2DF5-4B9E-BDF8-415FC57D93E1 (resized).jpeg
CCADBA90-13AF-46C7-BB6A-4598B4CF082B (resized).png
IMG_5415 (resized).jpeg
EB4B7B07-CD7E-4437-A285-5A38B39E3A90 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5415 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5414 (resized).jpeg
36559D37-4332-4F96-8F18-E756CA306207 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,770 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 76.
#3501 20 days ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Counterpoint... everygame feels exactly the same.

Counter counterpoint... This right there is precisely why I love playing Venom.

During each and every game I change hosts (shots) and 'literally' change the game.

That, combined with the fast play with the unique fast locks, is quite enough to keep it fresh for me while exploring all the differing ways to achieve goals.

And it doesn't hurt that the changing soundtracks when changing hosts, adds to my feels.

To each their own but my Venom LE is keeping me smiling.

#3502 20 days ago

I have a NIB Venom LE #666 I can let go for 11k shipped anywhere in the continental US.

#3503 20 days ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Counter counterpoint... This right there is precisely why I love playing Venom.
During each and every game I change hosts (shots) and 'literally' change the game.
That, combined with the fast play with the unique fast locks, is quite enough to keep it fresh for me while exploring all the differing ways to achieve goals.
And it doesn't hurt that the changing soundtracks when changing hosts, adds to my feels.
To each their own but my Venom LE is keeping me smiling.

Oh for sure - to each their own. I understand why some people love it. It is very unique. I actually really like the game speed and the fast locks. I just want more to explore in the game (if that makes sense).

#3504 20 days ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Oh for sure - to each their own. I understand why some people love it. It is very unique. I actually really like the game speed and the fast locks. I just want more to explore in the game (if that makes sense).

Are you playing in NSP mode (no saved progression)? ie traditional pin? Give it a shot, you actually have to pave different ways to leveling up and choose how and when to battle bosses.

#3505 20 days ago

Anyone think Stern will eventually release the LE side armor to purchase separately like they did GZ, FF and so on?

I am sure it will $300 but just want to know for my own benefit since I am strongly leaning towards moving to an LE.

#3506 20 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Anyone think Stern will eventually release the LE side armor to purchase separately like they did GZ, FF and so on?
I am sure it will $300 but just want to know for my own benefit since I am strongly leaning towards moving to an LE.

They usually release, a topper, art blades, shooter and side armour for all their games so I guess it is just a matter of time. Stern have been having a real issue getting accessories out in a timely manner.

#3507 20 days ago

I'm officially in the club today! Everyone else's dislike of the game is my win as I got a great price on an LE! Downside is that I have no room in the theater, so it's now in our front room until I figure out what to do... #FirstWorldProblem

I don't know how to progress yet or how the matrix works... but I'll read the rules at some point. The game flows so well that I don't mind just flipping and hitting the blinking lights for now.

Glad to be here.

20240430_181028 (resized).jpg20240430_181028 (resized).jpg
#3508 20 days ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I'm officially in the club today! Everyone else's dislike of the game is my win as I got a great price on an LE! Downside is that I have no room in the theater, so it's now in our front room until I figure out what to do... #FirstWorldProblem
I don't know how to progress yet or how the matrix works... but I'll read the rules at some point. The game flows so well that I don't mind just flipping and hitting the blinking lights for now.
Glad to be here.[quoted image]

Welcome! You will not regret the purchase! Have a blast!

#3509 20 days ago

Regarding how some people don't like Venom, how it got a bad reputation more than other pins in the same time period (Rush, Foo, Bond, Jaws). I think a lot of people played it and formed an opinion quick and didn't give it a good enough chance especially now with the more polished code (new modes such as Doppleganger multi ball).

I was on board with the theme and the art but I was apprehensive because I bought the LE on the reveal (and liked the idea of saved progress because I never see end game modes on my other pins). I was in a bad frame of mind while waiting for the pin to arrive (I was buying into the negative comments) and for a while after I got it, I wasn't in love with it... But it has really grown on me, it was a 5.0 but gradually got stronger now I'm feeling it's a solid 8 (out of 10). I think the code has got a lot stronger and the gameplay has grown on me with the mini-modes and the non-saved progress the more I play it the more fun it is.

#3510 20 days ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

I am afraid if I do this, Steve will yell at me for adding another Multiball.

I know you're joking but you could add a nice hurry-up shot (tied to character shots that aren't used for other modes) think about in AIQ the Hulk Gamma ray mode or Marvel Binary hurry-up. To me Gamma is on of the coolest shots in any game.

#3511 20 days ago

Anybody getting lots of rejects out of the Daily Bugle scoop entrance? I was. Ball would hit those stupid wire guides and bounce up.

We’ve just fixed it. Will publish the mod over the next month or so. Thinking of adding a full size bugle building too.

#3512 20 days ago
Quoted from rai:

I know you're joking but you could add a nice hurry-up shot (tied to character shots that aren't used for other modes) think about in AIQ the Hulk Gamma ray mode or Marvel Binary hurry-up. To me Gamma is on of the coolest shots in any game.

That is a nice idea, I would just like to see the ramp used in everyday it possibly can and using the rear to lock a ball, if it can be done why not utilise it, it is the main feature of the game in my opinion so why not add yet more functionality to it. If Xaqery can come up with a cool idea for it I would love to see it.

#3513 20 days ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Counterpoint... everygame feels exactly the same. It was my main gripe with AIQ, but it is 10x with Venom. I like the theme, the art, the layout, and the music (the callouts suck) but everything feels irrelevant except defeating the bosses.

Nah, of all the pinball games to exist, Venom is THE LEAST to feel samey, game to game.

* 4 hosts + 3 unlocked ones that change most of your shots.
* center ramp with 3 positions, right ramp with 2 positions, depending on who you pick.
* 3 different team-up characters that are saved to your profile.
* saved level progress that changes shots, mode accessibility.
* speed run timer
* co-op play
* team play

Name another game that has more variety in ways to play, more lateral decisions from the first ball, and how each game feels different. I’ll wait.

#3514 20 days ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Nah, of all the pinball games to exist, Venom is THE LEAST to feel samey, game to game.
* center ramp with 3 positions, right ramp with 2 positions, depending on who you pick.
* speed run timer
* co-op play
* team play
Name another game that has more variety in ways to play, more lateral decisions from the first ball, and how each game feels different. I’ll wait.

Agreed, the playfield literally changes…No game gives me an adrenaline rush like Venom. It’s a Gem

#3515 20 days ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

* speed run timer
* co-op play
* team play

Absolutely agree! Love the way the hosts have different music and callouts plus the playfield changes to a certain style. Regardless of strategy I just like playing as Gwen and Peter as I find them to have a more flowing style of play. Actually don't really like playing as Flash purely because he has the extended bell tower target rather than another shot path or ramp.

This game probably has more variety than any other game I have.

#3516 20 days ago

So this is my prototype. It works. No more frustrating rejects at the entrance to the daily bugle scoop.
9974F644-B7A9-4065-A860-024853500EB3 (resized).jpeg9974F644-B7A9-4065-A860-024853500EB3 (resized).jpeg
Also any interest in an interactive 3D daily bugle? It will be made out of steel with laser cut lettering and windows, both lit independently.
21F2B6E5-B65C-4606-8A37-CF9DF741B83C (resized).jpeg21F2B6E5-B65C-4606-8A37-CF9DF741B83C (resized).jpeg

#3517 20 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Also any interest in an interactive 3D daily bugle? It will be made out of steel with laser cut lettering and windows, both lit independently.
[quoted image]

Very interested. Sounds cool.

#3518 19 days ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

* speed run timer
* co-op play
* team play

Not to me... I find it very wood choppy progressing through the same shots to fight a boss... regardless of character. I am glad you like it but it's not for me.

#3519 19 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

So this is my prototype. It works. No more frustrating rejects at the entrance to the daily bugle scoop.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Something could and should definitely be done with the sign/daily bugle, I think up something with mini screens that would be sick, having them animate symbiote fluid into words or something with a sleek frame but I already have enough on with the fast lock vials and projects for Godzilla and JAWS about to release.

A cool daily bugle would be great too, something like you described machined and laser cut. I’ve designed symbiote fluid sculpt so for the vials, bell tower and Ravencroft gates, could easily produce some for you Andrew if it was of use, just cover the shipping as the waste from the vial sculpts is fairly high, it would be better to use it and help you out than throw it in the bin.

Am

#3520 19 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Would be great but maybe make it more colorful like the sign is now as I think that the color is needed.

#3521 19 days ago

Anyone know how hard it is to remove a the entire PF from the cabinet?

I have some bad damage from the removal of mirror blades (long story and I am really ticked about it). I am going to put art blades on the game anyway but because some the laminate came off the MDF there is a thickness difference which I am pretty sure will show once the art is on even though the art blades from wizard mod are fairly thick.

Would need to remove the PF completely apply wood filler, sand and paint and hope it comes out smooth of course this cannot be done with the PF in the game. I have never had to remove and entire PF so not sure how much work is involved.

#3522 19 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Anyone know how hard it is to remove a the entire PF from the cabinet?
I have some bad damage from the removal of mirror blades (long story and I am really ticked about it). I am going to put art blades on the game anyway but because some the laminate came off the MDF there is a thickness difference which I am pretty sure will show once the art is on even though the art blades from wizard mod are fairly thick.
Would need to remove the PF completely apply wood filler, sand and paint and hope it comes out smooth of course this cannot be done with the PF in the game. I have never had to remove and entire PF so not sure how much work is involved.

Think spike 2 games are three harness plugs and your good to go.

#3523 19 days ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

Think spike 2 games are three harness plugs and your good to go.

I guess you are right

#3524 19 days ago

Does anyone have an issue with the ball not making the full loop when manually plunged? When auto plunged it makes it around just fine. I ran across a post saying balls could be magnetized so I replaced them and that didn’t change anything. Any advice?

#3525 19 days ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Not to me... I find it very wood choppy progressing through the same shots to fight a boss... regardless of character. I am glad you like it but it's not for me.

or simply to... not fight him !

this week my aim is to reach 99XP, which let's admit should not be hard, just a matter of time
tonight i'm at level 82, scoring 6.3 B, and letting Knull taunt me 3X time on the same game : "are you almost trying ?", but this c*nt doesnt even know that i'm loosing on purpose his 5th phase to not kill him & avoiding going back level 1

but ok, i understand that we all have diff taste, and its a good thing when talking about pinball

#3526 19 days ago

Does anyone else in here have a Pro? Seems like all the comments etc. are all Premium, LE based. Except for the "Pro is empty" type comments? I have a Pro and find it ridiculously fast and very fun, I have played a friends LE and that post that locks it in the middle and lets it go SDTM or close to it drove me crazy! No, I don't know how level it was side to side or how steep. Just curious.

#3527 19 days ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

Does anyone else in here have a Pro? Seems like all the comments etc. are all Premium, LE based. Except for the "Pro is empty" type comments? I have a Pro and find it ridiculously fast and very fun, I have played a friends LE and that post that locks it in the middle and lets it go SDTM or close to it drove me crazy! No, I don't know how level it was side to side or how steep. Just curious.

Mine never goes SDTM from that lock post.

We really liked the Pro when we played (played it first) and thought what a fun game why all the hate. Then we played the Premium and were in love with the center ramp and how it changed the game.

#3528 19 days ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

There's an adjustment to configure the offset of the mech, changing this +/- a few ticks will resolve any SDTM.

#3529 19 days ago

So I’m confused no one else is getting rattle and rejects just after the stand ups to the bugle scoop? It was very significant on mine.

Any hit to these stupid guide wires will cause the ball to bounce up resulting in a reject. The original design should have used a proper stainless habit rail or ball guide to funnel the ball into the scoop. I have created an add on steel plate that sits in front of this wire that now guides the ball to the scoop.

I shall open this up as a seperate mod to the building as I believe lots of people would benefit from this. Just don’t want to have a 100 of these made if people don’t want it. To me I think pinball flow comes first and the aesthetic mods 2nd.

87C5B8D1-86A2-4092-8486-E48F4520C7CE (resized).jpeg87C5B8D1-86A2-4092-8486-E48F4520C7CE (resized).jpeg
#3530 19 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

So I’m confused no one else is getting rattle and rejects just after the stand ups to the bugle scoop? It was very significant on mine.

I was but then I got good…

Na just kidding around, I just dialed in the playfield angle/level a bit more and that seemed to significantly decrease the problem for me.

#3531 19 days ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

My first experience with the Pro on location left me very underwhelmed. I pretty much wrote it off, but for the hell of it tried another one at a different location. This one was really dialed in. Blazing fast with a buttery smooth horseshoe. Definitely opened my eyes to the Pro. I still prefer the Prem/LE features, but I can now see why some might like what the Pro has to offer.

#3532 19 days ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I don't think you understand the game's concept. But that's ok, you're not alone, I think there's a lot of people who misunderstand this game. There's 2 ways to play it:

1- Traditional pin, press start and go. If you log in, pick NSP (no saved progression) and you play this as you would any other pinball machine in your collection. This is how the game should be played if you want to discover all the modes, features, and strategies the game has to offer. In NSP mode, you need to think more about setup just like you would any other pin.

2-Saved progression. This is a new concept to pinball and as such, most people play this way. And since you're saving progress, it doesnt take long to get into a battle loop with Grendel and Knull; hence making the game wood choppy as you suggest. Personally, I find it very fun to play saved progression mode from time to time just switch things up. I like the speed run concept of saved progression - but, I'm an above average player so my speed runs are in the 30 minute range, so I hardly ever find the game wood choppy or repetitive.

All in all, playing it in NSP mode allows way more depth and exploration in the code. But, you need to respect your level and xp much more as they are not saved. If you try to man-handle your way through the bosses with no consideration to your level, it'll be like pushing a truck through mud.

Here are some fundamental tips to keep in mind:

1. You can change hosts once per ball (qualified when you light up the hosts 3 grid lights). However, you can change hosts anytime you defeat a boss battle (Mayhem super jp's do not count).

2. I do not recommend battling a boss unless your level is 175%-225% (or higher) above a bosses minimum level. Example: Mini-boss min level requirement is 10; you shouldn't be battling them until your level 20'ish. The higher level you are the lower the risk, and in turn, higher the reward (more points and easier to defeat). That said, there are achievements for defeating them at low levels if that's your thing.

3. Knowing tips 1 & 2 above. Your #1 focus should not be filling up grid awards persay. Don't get me wrong, you still want grid awards; but what I mean is when you switch to host #2, now you know your stuck on this host until you defeat a boss or drain your ball. So you need to take into consideration what level you are; do you fill up the grid and battle the boss at a low level? or do you plan your setup better and start playing all the other modes the game offers? That is why I recommend not taking the mini mode skill shot. Instead, go for 2 of the 3 grid lights; start exploring ways to build your xp. It doesn't take long to get to level 20 if you know what you're doing, then you can collect the grid award, battle the boss and switch hosts. Always respecting your level. If you think the game is all about filling the grid, think again.

4. One last thing to keep in mind. Venom is a fast game. It's not meant to have 45 minute long game's. If you want endless extra balls and victory multiballs with multiball ball saver awards for completing a multiball then Rush, Godzilla, AIQ, (and unfortunately soon to be Jaws), are the games you should stick to. Personally these days, I'm more of a fan of games with quick'ish game times (Ironman, Star Wars, TMNT, GOT, Deadpool, IMDN, Venom).

Venom offers a ton of depth and breadth, you probably just don't see it yet - too focused on slamming through grids and trying to battle those bosses at low levels perhaps? Personally, I think it's genius coding how it's done - battle bosses at low levels which take a ton of shots and time to do; or explore all the other modes, build your xp and battle the bosses when your character is ready. My 2 cents.

#3533 19 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Venom offers a ton of depth and breadth, you probably just don't see it yet - too focused on slamming through grids and trying to battle those bosses at low levels perhaps? Personally, I think it's genius coding how it's done - battle bosses at low levels which take a ton of shots and time to do; or explore all the other modes, build your xp and battle the bosses when your character is ready. My 2 cents.

When you play it like a regular game (no save progress) it's reminds me somewhat of Deadpool probably since they both have battle modes but they have similar amounts of side objectives.

#3534 19 days ago
Quoted from rai:

When you play it like a regular game (no save progress) it's reminds me somewhat of Deadpool probably since they both have battle modes but they have similar amounts of side objectives.

Agreed. what’s crazy is the bosses (mini and main) have different shot sequences depending on your level. No other game like that.

#3535 19 days ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

I have a LE and I'm one of the few that wouldn't mind downgrading to a pro. I think the pro is solid for what it is. I put it on par with bksor. Now if you were in the market for a nib pro stern. There are better pros, but for what it is and for the used 5500 price tag. It's a solid game in my opinion

#3536 19 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Any hit to these stupid guide wires will cause the ball to bounce up resulting in a reject. The original design should have used a proper stainless habit rail or ball guide to funnel the ball into the scoop. I have created an add on steel plate that sits in front of this wire that now guides the ball to the scoop.
I shall open this up as a seperate mod to the building as I believe lots of people would benefit from this. Just don’t want to have a 100 of these made if people don’t want it. To me I think pinball flow comes first and the aesthetic mods 2nd. [quoted image]

Make sure your scoop top plate isn't wiggling. Qhen I got my le, I got alot of rattle, after closer inspection I saw the top of the scoop wasn't screwed in all the way. I still get some rattle, but I chalk that up to missing the shot.

#3537 19 days ago

Are the rules pdf usually updated anytime after the game code gets a stable version?

#3538 19 days ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

Make sure your scoop top plate isn't wiggling. Qhen I got my le, I got alot of rattle, after closer inspection I saw the top of the scoop wasn't screwed in all the way. I still get some rattle, but I chalk that up to missing the shot.

Thanks, it’s not at the scoop it’s when the ball hits those bent wire guides. I replaced it with a proper ball guide. Now if the ball is slightly to the right it travels along the new ball guide into the scoop rather than bouncing up when it hits a the wire guide. Doesn’t seem to be affecting anyone else but me.

#3539 19 days ago
Quoted from Cory7:

Does anyone have an issue with the ball not making the full loop when manually plunged? When auto plunged it makes it around just fine. I ran across a post saying balls could be magnetized so I replaced them and that didn’t change anything. Any advice?

I've seen this playing Venoms on location. Solution is probably a stronger plunger spring.

#3540 19 days ago
Quoted from korgakoth:

Are the rules pdf usually updated anytime after the game code gets a stable version?

It's hit or miss, basically depends on if the original author at Stern remembers to do it and gets around to it. Rush's didn't get updated after its 1.10 code release for quite a while if ever at all.

#3541 19 days ago
Quoted from Cory7:

Magnetized balls will affect auto plunges. Manual plunge is the factory spring. I replaced mine with a red and it’s great.

#3542 19 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I don't think you understand the game's concept. But that's ok, you're not alone, I think there's a lot of people who misunderstand this game. There's 2 ways to play it:
1- Traditional pin, press start and go. If you log in, pick NSP (no saved progression) and you play this as you would any other pinball machine in your collection. This is how the game should be played if you want to discover all the modes, features, and strategies the game has to offer. In NSP mode, you need to think more about setup just like you would any other pin.
2-Saved progression. This is a new concept to pinball and as such, most people play this way. And since you're saving progress, it doesnt take long to get into a battle loop with Grendel and Knull; hence making the game wood choppy as you suggest. Personally, I find it very fun to play saved progression mode from time to time just switch things up. I like the speed run concept of saved progression - but, I'm an above average player so my speed runs are in the 30 minute range, so I hardly ever find the game wood choppy or repetitive.
All in all, playing it in NSP mode allows way more depth and exploration in the code. But, you need to respect your level and xp much more as they are not saved. If you try to man-handle your way through the bosses with no consideration to your level, it'll be like pushing a truck through mud.
Here are some fundamental tips to keep in mind:
1. You can change hosts once per ball (qualified when you light up the hosts 3 grid lights). However, you can change hosts anytime you defeat a boss battle (Mayhem super jp's do not count).
2. I do not recommend battling a boss unless your level is 175%-225% (or higher) above a bosses minimum level. Example: Mini-boss min level requirement is 10; you shouldn't be battling them until your level 20'ish. The higher level you are the lower the risk, and in turn, higher the reward (more points and easier to defeat). That said, there are achievements for defeating them at low levels if that's your thing.
3. Knowing tips 1 & 2 above. Your #1 focus should not be filling up grid awards persay. Don't get me wrong, you still want grid awards; but what I mean is when you switch to host #2, now you know your stuck on this host until you defeat a boss or drain your ball. So you need to take into consideration what level you are; do you fill up the grid and battle the boss at a low level? or do you plan your setup better and start playing all the other modes the game offers? That is why I recommend not taking the mini mode skill shot. Instead, go for 2 of the 3 grid lights; start exploring ways to build your xp. It doesn't take long to get to level 20 if you know what you're doing, then you can collect the grid award, battle the boss and switch hosts. Always respecting your level. If you think the game is all about filling the grid, think again.
4. One last thing to keep in mind. Venom is a fast game. It's not meant to have 45 minute long game's. If you want endless extra balls and victory multiballs with multiball ball saver awards for completing a multiball then Rush, Godzilla, AIQ, (and unfortunately soon to be Jaws), are the games you should stick to. Personally these days, I'm more of a fan of games with quick'ish game times (Ironman, Star Wars, TMNT, GOT, Deadpool, IMDN, Venom).

This should be a key post!

#3543 19 days ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

It's hit or miss, basically depends on if the original author at Stern remembers to do it and gets around to it. Rush's didn't get updated after its 1.10 code release for quite a while if ever at all.

Its coming.

#3544 18 days ago

you're on fire Dwight ! nice news for every STERN owner/lover/user

btw, about Venom, even if i'm still not 100% in the code, i've noticed this small thing (which may be linked to how switches are working on the PRO) :
when playing Doppelganger attack, if you shoot that left loop in quick succession, its not awarded (after the 1st one which is), you need to wait "x" seconds to get you next shoot be validated

#3545 18 days ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

you're on fire Dwight ! nice news for every STERN owner/lover/user
btw, about Venom, even if i'm still not 100% in the code, i've noticed this small thing (which may be linked to how switches are working on the PRO) :
when playing Doppelganger attack, if you shoot that left loop in quick succession, its not awarded (after the 1st one which is), you need to wait "x" seconds to get you next shoot be validated

I believe you’re referring to Rampage. And he’s, the LE has the same behavior. Reset time to allow another registered hit is too long. It really takes away from the mode. What I do now is hit a dopple switch, then hit center ramp once or twice, then hit Doppler, repeat as needed. This at least lets me get a shot at the bell tower multiplier. Otherwise, the mode needs some polish.

#3546 18 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I believe you’re referring to Rampage. And he’s, the LE has the same behavior. Reset time to allow another registered hit is too long. It really takes away from the mode. What I do now is hit a dopple switch, then hit center ramp once or twice, then hit Doppler, repeat as needed. This at least lets me get a shot at the bell tower multiplier. Otherwise, the mode needs some polish.

yes indeed (not the single attack)
and ok...

while we're talking (and Dwight reading ) let me add : not a bug, but again may be something a bit frustrating from a player POV :

and again linked to timer(s) : i had 4 balls locked, 5th lock ready > start TOWER FRENZY > decide myself to put the Mayhem MB in it to hit lots of switches : when i shot for the 5 lock, timer was at 42, when multiball really started after the video animation, its was at... 11 !?
pausing the timer seems a good idea here

tanx

#3547 18 days ago

Thanks!

I was thinking on printing the Guide + READMEs, but since the changes on some battles are significant this updated PDF will help A LOT.

Again, Thank you so much

#3548 18 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

They wont release LE armor. They will release another version for them eventually

#3549 18 days ago

Take your time if you want to add a few extra side modes to the code first

#3550 18 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Take your time if you want to add a few extra side modes to the code first

Yeah, this! More features!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Muskegon, MI
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 55.00
Playfield - Other
FlipMods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 25.00
Playfield - Other
NinjaCamp Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
FlipMods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

There are 3,770 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/venom-stern-owner-s-club-choose-your-host-change-the-game/page/71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.