(Topic ID: 341426)

Venom (Stern) Owner's Club. Choose Your Host, Change the Game!

By friscopinball

9 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,771 posts
  • 292 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 minutes ago by Eskaybee
  • Topic is favorited by 138 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Whic version of Venom are you buying?”

• LE 91 votes
    49%
  • Premium 62 votes
    34%
  • Pro 32 votes
    17%

(185 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E5318E20-AE2C-43CF-8FEC-826E6289E811 (resized).jpeg
1CFE5385-B2CD-4B2E-9C8C-36A0F8F88716 (resized).jpeg
7FCDE69F-9983-42D8-BC94-D96355F7F9CB (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
2472E697-F63C-4AD7-848B-5D9A8C61A8E0 (resized).jpeg
1C2213B4-86C8-4DDC-A3AB-CECAA81CA09D (resized).jpeg
DCF2122A-2DF5-4B9E-BDF8-415FC57D93E1 (resized).jpeg
CCADBA90-13AF-46C7-BB6A-4598B4CF082B (resized).png
IMG_5415 (resized).jpeg
EB4B7B07-CD7E-4437-A285-5A38B39E3A90 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5415 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5414 (resized).jpeg
36559D37-4332-4F96-8F18-E756CA306207 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 76.
#451 7 months ago

Had to move this flasher over. The ball hit it every time coming out of the vuk and going up the metal webslinger guide. Then the ball would sometimes fall from the wireform and never reach the fast lock. I’d have two balls on the playfield and the game would get confused. Had to turn down the vuk power after moving the flasher. But it seems more consistent now.

IMG_5128 (resized).jpegIMG_5128 (resized).jpeg
#452 7 months ago

In for a premium...soon, soon, soon.

Quoted from Flippersaurus:

Had to move this flasher over. The ball hit it every time coming out of the vuk and going up the metal webslinger guide. Then the ball would sometimes fall from the wireform and never reach the fast lock. I’d have two balls on the playfield and the game would get confused. Had to turn down the vuk power after moving the flasher. But it seems more consistent now. [quoted image]

That's really interesting! That may be the reason why sometimes on location, I would have 2 balls at play when there suppose to be just one. Thanks for sharing the information!

#453 7 months ago

Had to move this flasher over. The ball hit it every time coming out of the vuk and going up the metal webslinger guide. Then the ball would sometimes fall from the wireform and never reach the fast lock. I’d have two balls on the playfield and the game would get confused. Had to turn down the vuk power after moving the flasher. But it seems more consistent now. [quoted image]

Don't have my Venom yet, but I have to wonder if this is a result of the VUK being tilted too far forward/backward from specification? This is, of course, assuming they even tested for and validated this during design/production. It's also one of the tallest open-sided VUKs I've seen in a machine.

Can the VUK strength be adjusted?

#454 7 months ago
Quoted from bwalter:

This is what I wanna know, too. They didn’t even ship out the LEs to my distributor until today. How are folks getting Premiums already, unless they live down the block from the factory?

1) Stern could have been mixing premiums in based on parts availability... this is not always a 'build every X before any Ys'. Remember, the PFs are the same... it's just how Stern slaps on an apron and what assembled cabinet they marry it to.
2) Games do not all leave the factory the same way

Distributors arrange the shipping from the factory to themselves. Some will pickup their games from the dock.. some will arrange shippers to pickup from Stern which can take time depending on their availability. It boils down to the logistics path the distributors choose. Stern doesn't want to act as a distribution hub for the direct sales channels - so it forces distributors to move games from the factory to their own distribution points.

#455 7 months ago
Quoted from bwalter:

Can the VUK strength be adjusted?

Yes. I tried adjusting the power both down and up first, but it wasn’t enough. Then after moving the flasher, I lowered the power. The ball would sometimes bounce out of the wireform at default power. But bringing down the power a little helped.

#456 7 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

1) Stern could have been mixing premiums in based on parts availability... this is not always a 'build every X before any Ys'. Remember, the PFs are the same... it's just how Stern slaps on an apron and what assembled cabinet they marry it to.
2) Games do not all leave the factory the same way
Distributors arrange the shipping from the factory to themselves. Some will pickup their games from the dock.. some will arrange shippers to pickup from Stern which can take time depending on their availability. It boils down to the logistics path the distributors choose. Stern doesn't want to act as a distribution hub for the direct sales channels - so it forces distributors to move games from the factory to their own distribution points.

Thanks for the explanation. This is my first time pre-ordering a new pin before release, so I'm new to all this, and let's be honest... I'm just impatient and jealous!

#457 7 months ago

LE #254 checking in! This game, wow. The mirrored backglass is incredible, can't be captured in photos. I was surprised by the mirror blades, didn't realize it'd have those, they're awesome. The midnight blue legs/bar/armor are sexy and have a nice subtle flake. Downloading latest software now, gotta get my subwoofer hooked up and rock this joint!

20231004_130610 (resized).jpg20231004_130610 (resized).jpg20231004_131022 (resized).jpg20231004_131022 (resized).jpg20231004_131028 (resized).jpg20231004_131028 (resized).jpg20231004_132827 (resized).jpg20231004_132827 (resized).jpg

#458 7 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

LE #245 checking in! This game, wow. The mirrored backglass is incredible, can't be captured in photos. I was surprised by the mirror blades, didn't realize it'd have those, they're awesome. The midnight blue legs/bar/armor are sexy and have a nice subtle flake. Downloading latest software now, gotta get my subwoofer hooked up and rock this joint!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love these impressions. Thank you.

#459 7 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

LE #254 checking in! This game, wow. The mirrored backglass is incredible, can't be captured in photos. I was surprised by the mirror blades, didn't realize it'd have those, they're awesome. The midnight blue legs/bar/armor are sexy and have a nice subtle flake. Downloading latest software now, gotta get my subwoofer hooked up and rock this joint!

Great!!!!

Have you played it yet?

#460 7 months ago

The above link is an unboxing video for my Venom LE later today.

I’ll be streaming it tonight @ 9pm EST

Http://www.twitch.tv/Tkpinball

#461 7 months ago
Quoted from rai:

Great!!!!
Have you played it yet?

I'd put a few games on it at SFGE so it wasn't brand new to me, but I love being able to hear it now. But of course, my wife and I put a few games on it before i had to retreat to work meetings. Our thoughts thus far:

- The music is awesome, all of it. I plan to get in the settings to see if I can bring that out a little more.

- The dialogue (particularly the taunts) are hilarious. I hope they don't get old too quickly.

- I dislike the 'shallow' flipper angles, largely just because it's so different from other games and I need to 'recalibrate' my flip timing. I'm really tempted to adjust them to 'normal', but I know I'll regret that if I end up playing it in tournaments. It's good practice having to adjust.

- This is a big one: my wife really likes it, particularly due to the wide open fan layout. She's admittedly not a great player, so she says this game will really help her learn control. It's very clear about what you need to shoot, and there's not a lot of other stuff in the way to block the shot or distract you. The way the fan 'lanes' are laid into the art and that the inserts are bright and unobstructed is very helpful.

Kids should be home from school shortly, looking forward to hearing their thoughts too!

#462 7 months ago

Looks like tomorrow for me

No call from FedEx even though delivery is supposed to be EOD.

One more day!

#463 7 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Very much hope someone makes a copy of those style of venom mirror blades, instant buy for my premium.

#464 7 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I'd put a few games on it at SFGE so it wasn't brand new to me, but I love being able to hear it now. But of course, my wife and I put a few games on it before i had to retreat to work meetings. Our thoughts thus far:
- The music is awesome, all of it. I plan to get in the settings to see if I can bring that out a little more.

Yeah, I was impressed with the music, and each character's is quite different. I've seen people call Gwen's disco, but it's more straight up funk, which is great.

Quoted from SkyKing2301:

- The dialogue (particularly the taunts) are hilarious. I hope they don't get old too quickly.

I got an attract mode flipper callout that aped The Price is Right that cracked me up. So unexpected.

Quoted from SkyKing2301:

- I dislike the 'shallow' flipper angles, largely just because it's so different from other games and I need to 'recalibrate' my flip timing. I'm really tempted to adjust them to 'normal', but I know I'll regret that if I end up playing it in tournaments. It's good practice having to adjust.

Yeah, it really has you thinking a shot is somewhere it isn't, just from muscle memory. Definitely requires mental recalibration. I do like that the left ramp is backhandable.

The video mode needs a rethink/reconfig. It's just not fun, and the slow rampup every time is just time wasted. Also, the intro to it needs to be skippable.

#465 7 months ago

Had to move this flasher over. The ball hit it every time coming out of the vuk and going up the metal webslinger guide. Then the ball would sometimes fall from the wireform and never reach the fast lock. I’d have two balls on the playfield and the game would get confused. Had to turn down the vuk power after moving the flasher. But it seems more consistent now.

Update on this. Still having an intermittent issue. I've been trying different power settings. But nothing has gotten rid of it entirely. Even on the same setting, sometimes it's too weak of a shot to make it up all the way to the wireform and other times it's too fast and it bounces out after it lands. It's possible that the ball was not hitting the flasher. But I will leave it moved out of the way for now. Let me know if anyone else is seeing this please. It's kind of a bummer when it happens because it ruins the game. I have an extra ball in play. But when one drains, the game kills the flippers and ends that ball.

#466 7 months ago

FYI found my LE speakers were set to 4 ohm and sounded like they were underwater, flipping over to 8 ohm cleaned it up. Also added subwoofer, sounds awesome now

#467 7 months ago

Got mine from Mad Pinball today. Traded my Munsters prem with topper to him months ago for it. Think that was a good trade up.

Clip missing from coinbox. Prob in cab I’ll have to check. Spot behind monitor needs cleaned so now have to remove the monitor to clear that dust spot. Do that when I put the speakers lights in. Yeah mirror glass is awesome.

IMG_7603 (resized).jpegIMG_7603 (resized).jpeg
#468 7 months ago

Got ours today. Blue Moon Bar. Madison WI.

Excited to see how she holds up during league tonight!

PXL_20231004_200739460 (resized).jpgPXL_20231004_200739460 (resized).jpgPXL_20231004_200748411 (resized).jpgPXL_20231004_200748411 (resized).jpgPXL_20231004_200801558 (resized).jpgPXL_20231004_200801558 (resized).jpg
#469 7 months ago

She has arrived! LE#140. Unfortunately it’ll be tomorrow until I get everything unboxed and set up. Can’t wait!

8100EC1F-DCFE-4739-B215-F3D12C0358E4 (resized).jpeg8100EC1F-DCFE-4739-B215-F3D12C0358E4 (resized).jpeg
#470 7 months ago

Love seeing these pics! Keep ‘em coming

I wonder who got #252 which is the first time the Venom symbiote actually appeared in the comics!

#471 7 months ago

Yeah keep the unboxing pics coming guys!

The LE is such a beauty - absolutely LOVE the side armor on it...

#472 7 months ago

Venoms arriving in the U.K. within the next couple of weeks, finally! Had alot of fun designing much needed upgrades to the Ravencroft gates, Carnage himself and that boring looking bell tower!

#473 7 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

FYI found my LE speakers were set to 4 ohm and sounded like they were underwater, flipping over to 8 ohm cleaned it up. Also added subwoofer, sounds awesome now

I need to do that too, the audio sounds terrible at the moment on mine haha

#474 7 months ago
Quoted from friscopinball:

Love seeing these pics! Keep ‘em coming
I wonder who got #252 which is the first time the Venom symbiote actually appeared in the comics!

Speaking of numbers, I thought I would add a cool little detail to my Carnage sculpt that will go nicely with my Ravencroft Carnage Breakout gate mod.

Having a prison cell plaque with 361 on it (I know you know the significance of that number ) or make the plaque LE specific for LE owners?

#475 7 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Venoms arriving in the U.K. within the next couple of weeks, finally! Had alot of fun designing much needed upgrades to the Ravencroft gates, Carnage himself and that boring looking bell tower!

I hope these things will be showcased soon, and then put up for orders?

#476 7 months ago
Quoted from jurulz:

I have a shaker in my pro and right now, not that much shaker effects sadly

Shaker is almost nonexistent in the game at this point. Hope that changes soon.

#477 7 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I hope these things will be showcased soon, and then put up for orders?

Just catching up on Bond stuff, following the wife’s collapse and then Venom and Godzilla will be all I focus on. Probably tease/reveal the gate and bell tower next week, the carnage sculpt will be a few weeks away as I’m trying to produce a sculpt that’s statue worthy, after all I have to paint them so might as well make it fun!

#478 7 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Shaker is almost nonexistent in the game at this point. Hope that changes soon.

Give it time, Dwight seems to always leave dialling in the shaker until later in the code.

Pretty sure I remember Mando getting the shaker treatment late in its code, TMNT had the shaker early but it practically shook your game out your house.

#479 7 months ago

Great to see LE's arriving! Looking forward to Premium/LE gameplay videos and streams!

#480 7 months ago

The latest code has made my pro freeze several times over. FYI

#481 7 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Speaking of numbers, I thought I would add a cool little detail to my Carnage sculpt that will go nicely with my Ravencroft Carnage Breakout gate mod.
Having a prison cell plaque with 361 on it (I know you know the significance of that number ) or make the plaque LE specific for LE owners?

I love it!

If you can manage it, I would offer both options. I’d love 361 but having a matching 300 plaque would be extra cool.

#482 7 months ago

Had to do the same.

No reboots through four hours of non stop four player league games. No one logged in however. . .

#483 7 months ago

My LE arrived today. Can’t wait to get it to the basement and set up!!

#484 7 months ago

omg you guys ... have DJ mode on in the background while working on my symbiote flasher domes and hardware cleanup kit ... the animations for Gwen's songs are frickin hilarious. Venom characters "dancing" on to the funktastic grooves! I love this so hard!!

20231004_233245 (resized).jpg20231004_233245 (resized).jpg20231004_233503 (resized).jpg20231004_233503 (resized).jpg
#485 7 months ago

Update on Symbiote Flasher Covers!

Long story short, Stern updated the game decor and added plastics around the flasher domes, which prevented my initial Symbiote Flasher Cover design from fitting properly. (Note: some early Pros still shipped with the old 'domes-floating-out-in-space-without-decorative-plastics'.)

I've updated the model to accommodate this change. The plus side is -- the reduction in size has reduced the print time, so I am reducing the price by 25%! The shop listing has been updated, though I need to add updated pics.

**Folks who have already purchased the domes will receive replacements if theirs requires the updated design -- and will also receive partial refunds (for the price difference) **

In the meantime, here's a video showing how to install them (one location is tricky). Jump ahead to 5:06 to see how the finished installation looks (including the updated color domes I selected.)

At 5:35 I also tease a look at the forthcoming Hardware Cleanup Kit. I have the hardware list compiled, just need to put together the installation guide and price out the kit.

#486 7 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Update on Symbiote Flasher Covers!
Long story short, Stern updated the game decor and added plastics around the flasher domes, which prevented my initial Symbiote Flasher Cover design from fitting properly. (Note: some early Pros still shipped with the old 'domes-floating-out-in-space-without-decorative-plastics'.)
I've updated the model to accommodate this change. The plus side is -- the reduction in size has reduced the print time, so I am reducing the price by 25%! The shop listing has been updated, though I need to add updated pics.
**Folks who have already purchased the domes will receive replacements if theirs requires the updated design -- and will also receive partial refunds (for the price difference) **
In the meantime, here's a video showing how to install them (one location is tricky). Jump ahead to 5:06 to see how the finished installation looks (including the updated color domes I selected.)

At 5:35 I also tease a look at the forthcoming Hardware Cleanup Kit. I have the hardware list compiled, just need to put together the installation guide and price out the kit.

Looking clean! Love the way they look.

#487 7 months ago
Quoted from salimus78:

The above link is an unboxing video for my Venom LE later today.
I’ll be streaming it tonight @ 9pm EST
Http://www.twitch.tv/Tkpinball

Missed your LE stream. No saved video on Twitch?

#488 7 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Missed your LE stream. No saved video on Twitch?

Another LE unboxing tonight:

https://www.twitch.tv/dontpanicflip

#489 7 months ago

Thanks. Plus a Premium gameplay stream earlier:

https://www.youtube.com/live/KVIq9ccMntk?si=Q9VpGQzQPeZbyrCN

#490 7 months ago

Thought a new Factory would resolve the dust/dirt issue when opening a new game. My game was filthy, build date of August 28th so it must have sat somewhere dusty/dirty clearly .Why not bag it with a plastic bag? Other than that the game is extremely fun, anamations/sounds are 1000x better than AIQ. Another excellent Stern pinball machine !!!!! People that say negative things about this game don’t understand pinball, never knew a perfect fan lay-out would be this fun. Full Pin-Woofer System with a Polk Audio external bass is a must!!! The LE speakers sound worse than a pro/premium. So thankful Dan at Pin-Woofer has transformed the modern day pinball experience!!! I have 16-Pin-Woofer Systems in my collection and they all have performed flawlessly!!! Both Bond games are absolutely EPIC with Pin-Woofer also!! Bond makes it sound like the house is coming apart during multiball Absolutely love the Siren sound effect in Venom!! We need more incredible sounds like that!!

IMG_6367 (resized).jpegIMG_6367 (resized).jpeg

#491 7 months ago

My game also came with the red trim up top extremely dirty and the side art and glass had a mystery sticky residue. Very carefully cleaned and up with Windex not the entire thing but a decent glob

#492 7 months ago
Quoted from Nicoli125:

My game also came with the red trim up top extremely dirty and the side art and glass had a mystery sticky residue. Very carefully cleaned and up with Windex not the entire thing but a decent glob

Sooooooooo a symbiote got loose in the crate then.

#493 7 months ago

Picked this up for to wear in tourneys, at home, and during the times I stream LE gameplay

IMG_4680 (resized).jpegIMG_4680 (resized).jpeg
#494 7 months ago
Quoted from friscopinball:

Picked this up for to wear in tourneys, at home, and during the times I stream LE gameplay
[quoted image]

friscopinball I actually bought that exact headband for my gym workouts. I ended up exchanging it because the logo was so tiny. Ended up going with the Maximum Carnage headband instead:

https://www.junkbrands.com/products/carnage-maximum-carnage-headband

#495 7 months ago
Quoted from EsqueletoBlanco:

friscopinball I actually bought that exact headband for my gym workouts. I ended up exchanging it because the logo was so tiny. Ended up going with the Maximum Carnage headband instead:
https://www.junkbrands.com/products/carnage-maximum-carnage-headband

Nice!

Maximum Carnage was one of my favorite SNES games.

That design is badass.

#496 7 months ago

Question to you LE owners,
This is from Sterns Feature matrix:
"Custom dark blue high gloss sparkle "Venom Goo" powder-coated and clear-coated pinball armor, legs, hinges and - Understand this but this:
Action Button front molding - Where and what is this?

#497 7 months ago
Quoted from XatchieS:

Question to you LE owners,
This is from Sterns Feature matrix:
"Custom dark blue high gloss sparkle "Venom Goo" powder-coated and clear-coated pinball armor, legs, hinges and - Understand this but this:
Action Button front molding - Where and what is this?

Great question, I don't have anything special around the action button. Surely they don't mean that little black base/ ring?
20231005_000858 (resized).jpg20231005_000858 (resized).jpg

20231004_132827 (resized).jpg20231004_132827 (resized).jpg
#498 7 months ago

Venom Pinball SIDE-BY-SIDE COMPARISON
Limited Edition (LE) & Premium Models

#499 7 months ago
Quoted from ToolfanJeff:

She has arrived! LE#140. Unfortunately it’ll be tomorrow until I get everything unboxed and set up. Can’t wait!
[quoted image]

Will this thing strapped to a pallet fit through a normal size doorway? I have some unresolved space issues but I didn’t want cancel my LE order so I’m just gonna have it sit as it comes until I find a spot for it.

TIA!

#500 7 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Great question, I don't have anything special around the action button. Surely they don't mean that little black base/ ring?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

They do…. I asked stern support while I had them on the line several pins ago and that be the answer… makes the action button more better

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 25.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Villa, IL
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.00
Playfield - Other
NinjaCamp Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/venom-stern-owner-s-club-choose-your-host-change-the-game/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.