DSC_4984.JPG
DSC_4700.JPG
DSC_4691.JPG
DSC_4699.JPG
DSC_4693.JPG
DSC_4695.JPG
DSC_4584.JPG
DSC_4580.JPG
There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

Add me to the list please.

2 weeks later
#52 10 years ago

Just a quick update, everyone, not much time these days to pontificate:

CNC cutting last 4 panels (right this moment as a matter of fact!)
DSC_4691.JPGDSC_4691.JPG

Stack of panels ready to be painted
DSC_4693.JPGDSC_4693.JPG

The new batch of speaker grilles...
DSC_4700.JPGDSC_4700.JPGDSC_4699.JPGDSC_4699.JPG

Some panels getting t-nuts
DSC_4695.JPGDSC_4695.JPG

You've all been very patiently waiting, and I thank you for that. They are really almost done now!

Thanks,
Jeff

#53 10 years ago

Can't wait too receive mine!!

#54 10 years ago

surprisingly enough, v2.0 looks a lot cleaner than the original (which was still fantastic. great job jeff!

#55 10 years ago

Is it too late to order one of these? I just got my CFTBL.

#56 10 years ago

Jeff that looks sweet!! I see the light on the tail light (not end of tunnel) coming soon. Well worth the wait. I can't wait to get mine.

#57 10 years ago

PM sent a week or so ago. Hoping to get one.

Jaz

#58 10 years ago

I shed a tear every time I check my email and don't see an invoice for this!

1 week later
#59 10 years ago

Looking good

#60 10 years ago

Hi all,

The wait is over! CFTBL panels are slated to start shipping this month! I'll be notifying the first shipping group by email (or Pinside mail, whichever I happen to have on file) in the next 2 weeks. The emails will include payment instructions and a serial # to help me match up people with panels.

Here are some pics of a finished panel. You'll see in the pictures below that there is a new component added to the design, a light block to prevent bleed from letter to letter over the Starlight sign. This, in my opinion, was needed because of the change over to the white circuit boards, and because the boards are now further back from the panel plastic. While this spreads the light out more and fights "hotspots" in the lighting, it does also give the light more opportunity to bleed over to neighboring areas where it doesn't belong. With the addition of the light block the sign looks much more crisp during animation.

What's really cool is the view from the inside of the panel - no wires save for the power connector! Everything is wide open for ColorDMD to lay down flat with no interference.

Thanks for your patience, everyone. This has been the biggest batch of panels yet and I've brought some other people into the process so we can get LED panels for some other titles out there as well. TZ is a likely next game but others have been discussed. Suggestions are welcome.

Jeff

Panel with (original) speaker panel plastic overlaid
DSC_4976.JPGDSC_4976.JPG

Panel with speaker panel removed
DSC_4977.JPGDSC_4977.JPG

Light blocking insert in action
DSC_4978.JPGDSC_4978.JPG
DSC_4984.JPGDSC_4984.JPG

Back of panel - no more connectors
DSC_4986.JPGDSC_4986.JPG

#61 10 years ago

looks great Jeff

and while on the list for this I was searching hard for a deluxe panel in which by luck I just bought a brand new one which could only be purchased with a Rev 2 light kit (brand new) from a fellow aussie. Since I am not interested in the color dmd I am happy with the dynamic rev 2 kit and I will release my position on the current list for someone else.

#62 10 years ago

Woohoo! checking my email every 5 minutes

#63 10 years ago

Please add me to the list if possible. Just got another Creature again.

#64 10 years ago

quite the update from the v1 panels
a very nice job there mr. thompson (I especially love the extra light blocking plastic for the 'starlight' letters

#65 10 years ago

I don't even like mods but this thing is awesome! Can't wait to get one! You have done a fantastic job!!

#66 10 years ago

Wish I would have been on the list for this. Looks amazing.

#67 10 years ago

You might be on the list I'm looking forward to getting one

Mk

#68 10 years ago

I'd like one of these as well. Pming right now!

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

You might be on the list I'm looking forward to getting one
Mk

I have tried PM with no response so I am assuming I'm not (just don't want to get my hopes up) but really hope I can get one.

#70 10 years ago

Woohoo!! Can't wait - the panels look fantastic!

#71 10 years ago

Jeff - For some of us who only found this project recently, can you tell us if you are totally pre-sold (pending cancellations) or if you built more than the pre-order so there is a chance we might be able to get one?

Thanks,
Jaz

#72 10 years ago

Awesome! I can't wait. Thanks Jeff.

#73 10 years ago

Sounds good, waiting for an email!

#74 10 years ago

bad ass!..

#75 10 years ago

Looks great! Love my speaker panel all lit up! this is a fantastic mod!

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

Jeff - For some of us who only found this project recently, can you tell us if you are totally pre-sold (pending cancellations) or if you built more than the pre-order so there is a chance we might be able to get one?
Thanks,
Jaz

I would like to know, as well. Sold out? Available? Price? How to pay? I've had a deluxe speaker plastic from CPR for (seems like) many years. Very interested!

#77 10 years ago

Wow! This so cool! I have been like a kid waiting for Christmas for these to get finished!!! Coolest mod ever!!!!

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from thompso9:

CFTBL panels are slated to start shipping this month! I'll be notifying the first shipping group by email (or Pinside mail, whichever I happen to have on file) in the next 2 weeks. The emails will include payment instructions and a serial # to help me match up people with panels.

Absolutely spectacular and certainly worth the wait! I only have one minor complaint, which is that I am apparently in the second group. Can you apply the frequent flyer mileage from my credit card and upgrade me into the first group?

#79 10 years ago

amazing work, can't wait to get the notification email!

#80 10 years ago

Email me and take my money! And while your at it, take my money for TZ too

#81 10 years ago

Very nice!!! Waiting for my notification email too! I particularly like the fact that you thought of all the other mods as well...colordmd and upgraded speakers.

#82 10 years ago

That looks very nice great work. I do not have a creature but GLWS.

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from Budfan:

Very nice!!! Waiting for my notification email too! I particularly like the fact that you thought of all the other mods as well...colordmd and upgraded speakers.

A little of that "mod thought" came from the Pinsiders who bought versions 1 or 2 and gave Jeff feedback. It took us more modding to get upgraded speakers to fit, and we can't get a color DMD to clear--but now you can...

#84 10 years ago

I'm going to assume I missed out on this batch. I didn't get a pm reply from last week (Iknow he probably got a ton). I hope he makes more.

#85 10 years ago

Whats the asking price for them?

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

A little of that "mod thought" came from the Pinsiders who bought versions 1 or 2 and gave Jeff feedback. It took us more modding to get upgraded speakers to fit, and we can't get a color DMD to clear--but now you can...

Then I want to thank all of you for your feedback which allowed Jeff to produce this mod! I got my CFTBL last year, after being in the hobby for a year, and was unable to find anyone selling the a light mod at the time. I had purchased the panel, hoping that I would find someone wanting to sell one....with no luck. Then Jeff announced a new run and I jumped at it. Once again, I appreciate how the pinball community can get together and keep improving these pins!

#87 10 years ago

Has anyone received an confirmation email from Jeff?

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

bump

#89 10 years ago

Nope was afraid to ask....

... for the answer "No SOUP for you !!!!!"

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Nope was afraid to ask....
... for the answer "No SOUP for you !!!!!"

That's funny.Pretty sure I'm in on this one I hope

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Yep, just received mine and paid, finally.

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

Yep, just received mine and paid, finally.

So you pay once you receive confirmation?

#93 9 years ago

Anyone received their speaker panel yet?

#94 9 years ago

IMG_20140524_102752_318.jpgIMG_20140524_102752_318.jpgyes, love it.

IMG_20140523_174000_378.jpgIMG_20140523_174000_378.jpg

1 month later
#95 9 years ago

Far out... this mod's come a long way from when I discovered it all those years ago and posted it on RGP..

DSC01583.JPGDSC01583.JPG

DSC01603-260.JPGDSC01603-260.JPG

Good work Thompson on taking it to the next level..

3 years later
#96 6 years ago

If anyone is in need of a taillight mod there is one on ebay right now... its the newer generation one.. seems some new manufacturer is making these as i have also seen a new Indiana Jones speaker panel mod "jackpot mod" that looks very similar.
ebay.com link: Creature From The Black Lagoon Pinball Tail Light MOD Speaker Panel

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.95
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/update-on-cftbl-light-mod/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.