1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png
There are 20,783 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 416.
#10401 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I didn't know you did trades. Is this like an automotive trade-in where I'll get a way undervalued trade-in due to overhead and all that? o.O
No need to respond here Chris! I will definitely keep that in mind in the future!

No, I just traded him a few games for a Dialed In and got fair market value for mine plus some cash on my side. If you want more info fell free to pm me.

#10402 6 years ago

I would love a JJP game in the house, and trading is probably the only way we could swing it!

#10403 6 years ago

FatPanda

Trades are always available. What I normally tell customers is that I can't pay retail as I do need to go through them, resell them and stay in business. Usually i recommend that they try to sell the machines themselves and then just buy what they want from me. Things worked out well with Tom for a couple reasons.

1) games were cosmetically and mechanically ready to go. No need for me to do anything.

2) I had a buyer lined up beforehand so I didn't have to store them

3) i have worked with Tom in the past so I was comfortable giving him a little more because I knew what I was getting out of it.

Let me know what you would like and we will discuss different options.

#10406 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

What are you looking to trade for?

Open to offers but mostly looking for higher end games.

#10407 6 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

there will be web slinging in my basement

Is that what you're calling it now?

#10408 6 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

Is that what you're calling it now?

You'll be the first to know...

#10409 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Wow! 'twas UP/DOWN that set the tone with quarter pins! I would never have guessed!
UP/DOWN is less my jam, but I'm grateful it's there. I do stop there - just less often than I stop at Tilt.
I still assume John Galvin is a serious pinhead. Anyone who would have a lineup like he has on the west wall of Tilt has got to be someone who strives to be a dreammaker, not simply an earner. If I ever met the dude, I would be incredibly effusive.

I've met John. He's a nice, kind, great guy. And he does love his pinball.

#10410 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Wow! 'twas UP/DOWN that set the tone with quarter pins! I would never have guessed!
UP/DOWN is less my jam, but I'm grateful it's there. I do stop there - just less often than I stop at Tilt.
I still assume John Galvin is a serious pinhead. Anyone who would have a lineup like he has on the west wall of Tilt has got to be someone who strives to be a dreammaker, not simply an earner. If I ever met the dude, I would be incredibly effusive.

John is kind of crazy about pinball. He told me it's his dream to have the top 50 solid state titles at once. He's probably not far from it.

#10411 6 years ago

Any know where to get some widebody glass local twin cities? I already called John he only has standard.
Anyone have any have way good used williams superpin wide body glass?

#10412 6 years ago

I don’t. But there are a few different wide body sizes. Might help if you specify the game it’s for.

#10413 6 years ago

Anybody near the cities have an NBA Fastbreak they would part with?

#10414 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

Any know where to get some widebody glass local twin cities? I already called John he only has standard.
Anyone have any have way good used williams superpin wide body glass?

I have a couple sheets. There isn't anything major wrong with them that I remember. I only bought new at the time because pinball life had them so cheap during Expo.

#10415 6 years ago

Hi everyone. Posted a few machines for sale/trade in the market today. A really nice ST TNG, Junk Yard, WWF Royal Rumble (trade). Not sure on the prices (especially on TNG) so let me know if you have any interest.

I also have a Shadow (alternative artwork) that is in good shape besides the Sanctum. ColorDMD, custom LEDs, and laseriffic topper. Was planning on fixing the sanctum before listing, but if anyone wants to do the repair, may be able to work out a good deal.

I love all these machines, just looking to get some fresh games in and don't have anymore space.

#10416 6 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

I also have a Shadow (alternative artwork) that is in good shape besides the Sanctum. ColorDMD, custom LEDs, and laseriffic topper. Was planning on fixing the sanctum before listing, but if anyone wants to do the repair, may be able to work out a good deal.

Any chance you're planning to come to MGC in April? Would love a Shadow, but the drive kills it for me.

#10417 6 years ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

Any chance you're planning to come to MGC in April? Would love a Shadow, but the drive kills it for me.

Not sure! I haven't in the past, but maybe this year.

#10418 6 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Hi everyone. Posted a few machines for sale/trade in the market today. A really nice ST TNG, Junk Yard, WWF Royal Rumble (trade). Not sure on the prices (especially on TNG) so let me know if you have any interest.
I love all these machines, just looking to get some fresh games in and don't have anymore space.

Trade value on royal rumble?

#10419 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Trade value on royal rumble?

Probably around $2500. Would very much like a LOTR

#10420 6 years ago

Would like to find a pinbot locally. Looks like there are plenty around. Please PM me if you have or know of one for sale.

#10421 6 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Probably around $2500. Would very much like a LOTR

I'm holding out for a$1800 ish one, the one at MGC dropped all weekend and the last price I saw was around there.

#10422 6 years ago

I have an NBA Fastbreak that’ll be ready for sale this weekend..

It’s the nicest non-restored one I’ve ever seen. Super clean inside and out. The original CPU board had a little acid damage and I’ve got a new Rottendog board coming for it later this week.

I was planning on listing for $3250 (like I said, it’s sweet!) after a shop job but will sell pre-shop for $2750.

Please let me know if you are interested!

#10423 6 years ago
Quoted from t3sk3y:

I have an NBA Fastbreak that’ll be ready for sale this weekend..

Please let me know if you are interested!

Pm sent

#10424 6 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Partially shopped/refurbished - “I consider this a working project game, should clean up really nice. Here's what I've done/replaced: - New green LED display - New NOS translite (not available, wasn't happy wi...”
2017-11-14
Madison, WI
1,275 (OBO)
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 712 times

#10425 6 years ago

Been thinking about selling my GB Pro, local sale and pu only. Will donate to Pinside if sold. Come on over, see it, play it then let's talk. Nice list of mods too.

#10426 6 years ago

Two pins for sale in twin cities. Kiss pro and Revenge From Mars.

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

#10427 6 years ago

It's Game On at Tilt as Guardians of the Galaxy has arrived and is now playable! Only $.50 a play too.

!ugh2 (resized).JPG!ugh2 (resized).JPG

#10428 6 years ago

SOLD!
Machine - For Trade
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “Selling my Game of thrones pro, bought nib. Mods included Lighted speaker kit wolf Stark and lanester banners Ghost Snows wolf Lighted flipper buttons Trade interest would be m...”
2017-11-15
Appleton, WI
Trade
Archived after: 24 days
Viewed: 895 times
Contributed to Pinside

#10429 6 years ago

Second Guardians of the Galaxy has arrived in the Twin Cities and is playable on route at The Mermaid for all those in the north metro.

!ugh (resized).JPG!ugh (resized).JPG

#10430 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Only $.50 a play too.

Because it’s only 50% of a game? Heyyyyyyyy-oooo

#10431 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Because it’s only 50% of a game? Heyyyyyyyy-oooo

I'm sure it will be $1.00 at Mermaid, so probably best to play there to get the full 100% game.

I didn't think it was amazing, but it's not nearly as bad as people are freaking out about in my opinion. Here is my quick review based on a few games today...

"It was in a loud pinball bar so I couldn't hear the music/callouts or lack thereof really so I guess I didn't miss anything there. I thought it was fun, I don't think it's nearly as bad as some people say, I think it's more than a "box of lights" for instance, it's really just Metallica layout with almost an exact copy of the Aerosmith ruleset currently. Start a mode, start a MB to have a chance at scoring big points. Modes have the "upgrade" available after hitting a shot just like in Aero for more scoring but like in Aero most aren't worth playing and you just ignore them while you try to start a MB. Modes time out, shoot scoop to start a new one. Same mini wizard and wizard mode format. Same 3rd mode start for lighting EB. Same "lock a ball" playfield multiplier like in Aero and Met in MB. Same SJP values in MB. Same shot multiplier as in Aero. Art is really nice and the shots feel good for the most part. I didn't have a ton of ramp shots that didn't make it around and when they didn't it was still pretty safe, it didn't drain SDTM for instance. I want to play it again, but there really isn't anything new here. If you have played Met and Aero you have already played GOTG in it's current state"

#10432 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I'm sure it will be $1.00 at Mermaid, so probably best to play there to get the full 100% game.
I didn't think it was amazing, but it's not nearly as bad as people are freaking out about in my opinion. Here is my quick review based on a few games today...
"It was in a loud pinball bar so I couldn't hear the music/callouts or lack thereof really so I guess I didn't miss anything there. I thought it was fun, I don't think it's nearly as bad as some people say, I think it's more than a "box of lights" for instance, it's really just Metallica layout with almost an exact copy of the Aerosmith ruleset currently. Start a mode, start a MB to have a chance at scoring big points. Modes have the "upgrade" available after hitting a shot just like in Aero for more scoring but like in Aero most aren't worth playing and you just ignore them while you try to start a MB. Modes time out, shoot scoop to start a new one. Same mini wizard and wizard mode format. Same 3rd mode start for lighting EB. Same "lock a ball" playfield multiplier like in Aero and Met in MB. Same SJP values in MB. Same shot multiplier as in Aero. Art is really nice and the shots feel good for the most part. I didn't have a ton of ramp shots that didn't make it around and when they didn't it was still pretty safe, it didn't drain SDTM for instance. I want to play it again, but there really isn't anything new here. If you have played Met and Aero you have already played GOTG in it's current state"

Welcome to Stern...

LOVE the theme but I dislike most Sterns, as they reuse so much in terms of rules and layouts.. very little originality...not my cup of tea at all.. oh well

#10433 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Heyyyyyyyy-oooo

#10434 6 years ago

who got the $50 Pharaoh in Minneapolis yesterday? It was only on CL for a few minutes.

#10435 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

who got the $50 Pharaoh in Minneapolis yesterday? It was only on CL for a few minutes.

Probably wasn't real and got flagged immediately.

LTG : )

#10436 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

i saw that too, and was tempted.

#10437 6 years ago

It was definitely legit. Going to be a nice winter project for me and my son.

A099FA96-4F34-4410-A303-18FED96050FD (resized).jpegA099FA96-4F34-4410-A303-18FED96050FD (resized).jpeg

9BD7AF0E-2BBC-4E2F-B1EA-70FF4CFFEF6A (resized).jpeg9BD7AF0E-2BBC-4E2F-B1EA-70FF4CFFEF6A (resized).jpeg

67306BA8-ED3F-4FBF-BC8A-7A9A335912DC (resized).png67306BA8-ED3F-4FBF-BC8A-7A9A335912DC (resized).png

#10438 6 years ago

#10439 6 years ago

Wow.ill give ya $100, double ur money!

#10440 6 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

It was definitely legit. Going to be a nice winter project for me and my son.

Excellent. Glad that pin got a good home !

#10441 6 years ago

Dang that has got to be the best deal I've ever seen for a money deal. Congrats. Start a rebuild topic, I'd follow.

#10442 6 years ago

While digging through the Pharaoh this morning, I found the sales receipt, showing it sold for $450 in 1988. Anyone know a Scott Wessel? Looks like $35 was the hourly labor rate in the late 80’s. I love time capsule stuff like this.

89523F74-F9D8-4789-983F-C3C37E83528D (resized).jpeg89523F74-F9D8-4789-983F-C3C37E83528D (resized).jpeg

#10443 6 years ago

Anyone know a Scott Wessel?

No idea on Scott. Advance Carter Co. was a very large operator in the 1970's. Later became part of American Arcade & Amusement.

D. K. Carter was the operator they bought their first route from, they included his name in their title.

Disclaimer : This was the company I worked for one year for. 1972 into 1973

#10444 6 years ago

Thought for sure it would be another CL auction once they realized it was worth more than $50.
Maybe get one of those new hardtop playfields for it?
Congrats on the pickup!

#10445 6 years ago

While digging through the Pharaoh this morning, I found the sales receipt, showing it sold for $450 in 1988. Anyone know a Scott Wessel? Looks like $35 was the hourly labor rate in the late 80’s. I love time capsule stuff like this.

that playfield is in amazing condition. I have never had to restore a pharaoh that looked that good from the start.

#10446 6 years ago

The backglass has a lot of paint peeling, so I'm kicking around the idea of having the Powerslave artwork made up into a translite, and re-theme this into an Iron Maiden. And the Eddie Pharaoh head would look bad ass on the playfield.

Or I'll go with the translite being sold on eBay. Looks pretty sweet too.

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

iron-maiden-powerslave-eddie-mask-2992-p (resized).pngiron-maiden-powerslave-eddie-mask-2992-p (resized).png

s-l500 (1) (resized).jpgs-l500 (1) (resized).jpg

s-l500 (resized).jpgs-l500 (resized).jpg

#10447 6 years ago

Anyone have a nice Who Dunnit for sale?

#10448 6 years ago

Just a reminder that I will be hosting the “Last Chance - Free Points Grab” pinball tournament on Saturday, December 30, 2017 starting at 10:00 AM in Neenah, WI at my house. I figure this would be a good tournament to wrap up 2017. Additionally, I’ll be hosting the 2017 Wisconsin State Championship Series (SCS) on January 20, 2018, so anyone that may qualify for the WI SCS may want to come to this tournament to get familiar with the game line up.

Cost will be $25 per person and will include refreshments and lunch, payouts, and charity donation. Please send me a private message and I’ll sign you up – I’ll be capping attendance at 40 players and I'm down to less than 10 spots available.

All entry fees left after payouts and dinner/refreshments will be donated to the Salvation Army.

The day will consist of two distinct tournaments.

The first tournament will have everyone playing 10 qualifying games and the scores compiled and ranked. The top half of the field will make playoffs (with byes for top seeds as necessary). Playoffs will be four player groupings playing three games, scoring 7-5-3-1. Top two players advance, bottom two players are eliminated. This will continue until a champion is crowned. For any ties for seeding or in playoffs, a playoff game on an early solid state game chosen by the TD will be played to determine the winner.

After the first tournament is complete, we’ll move into the second tournament which will be a basic three-strikes and you’re out. We’ll have four player groupings (and maybe an occasional 3 player grouping). In a four player grouping, the bottom two scoring players will receive strikes; in a three player grouping, the lowest scoring player will receive a strike. This will continue until only one player is left without 3 strikes.

We’ll probably have a one game side tournament as well that will be announced at the tournament.

As usual, we’ll stick with IFPA for rulings. As for other rules: Please keep any illegal drugs off my property. If you choose to indulge in a spirited beverage, please do so responsibly. Please keep profanity to a dull roar as I do have young kids. The basement does get warm, even in the winter, so dress accordingly.

Awards – Each tournament will have the following awards:
• 1st place - $50
• 2nd place - $25
• 3rd place - $10
• 4th place – high five
• 5th place and lower - just the knowledge that you played turrible

Current Line-up (subject to change):
• Tales From the Crypt
• Rocky and Bullwinkle
• Metallica Pro
• Ghostbusters Pro
• Whitewater
• The Addams Family with gold ROMs.
• Creature From the Black Lagoon
• Star Trek: the Next Generation
• Doctor Who
• Roadshow
• Twilight Zone
• Star Trek Premium
• Ripley’s Believe it or Not
• Family Guy
• The Simpsons Pinball Party
• Wheel of Fortune
• The Walking Dead Pro
• Funhouse
• Alien Poker
• Jungle Lord
• Harlem Globetrotters
• Embryon
• Future Spa
• Space Invaders
• Centaur 2
• Melody
• Meteor
• Cactus Jacks
• Sinbad
• Star Trek (Bally)
• Spanish Eyes
• Firepower
• Party Zone

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Eric

#10449 6 years ago

Well.... good or not?

I guess you can come decide if you are driving distance to Madison. Game is at Schwoeglers now on the West side of town.

https://www.facebook.com/MadisonPinball/posts/1746397962051537?notif_id=1511834123186995&notif_t=like

Please follow/like the Madison Pinball page if you get a sec.

GOTG (resized).jpgGOTG (resized).jpg

#10450 6 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Anyone have a nice Who Dunnit for sale?

Here is one:

There are 20,783 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 416.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/209 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.