IMG_2620.JPG
IMG_0207.JPG
IMG_0212.JPG
RocketTEST.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_2604.JPG
IMG_2603.JPG
IMG_2598.JPG
There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

If you would like one of these just PM me. I'm asking $75. and there def worth it yo. It includes an LED that you can run down and back up to the flasher above it, for a sweet blasting off effect.

IMG_2598.JPGIMG_2598.JPG IMG_2603.JPGIMG_2603.JPG IMG_2604.JPGIMG_2604.JPG

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : Please do not put all caps in thread headers.

#2 11 years ago

Also what COlor you want...

#3 11 years ago

they look nice, did you make the rocket or is it a modded toy, want something similar for a different project - not TZ

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

they look nice, did you make the rocket or is it a modded toy, want something similar for a different project - not TZ

There from molds that I made. Just Pm me the project and Ill see what I can do.

#5 11 years ago

moving to marketplace sub forum.

Those are some of the best looking rockets I have seen to date. The blue base matches the pin well.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

moving to marketplace sub forum.
Those are some of the best looking rockets I have seen to date. The blue base matches the pin well.

Sorry I'm a noob, How does that work?

#7 11 years ago

Those things look pretty nice

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Those things look pretty nice

THanks Man!! Sorry I did not make it over tonight... I got little caught up in my projects and a band placed a last minute shirt order with me. Would You like me to bring one out when I actually do make it out there?

#9 11 years ago

Did you just pull a mold from this one or were you the one selling these last year?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#10 11 years ago

Looks very well done. If mold from scratch even more kudos. Best of luck with sales.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Did you just pull a mold from this one or were you the one selling these last year?

The original is made by laretrotienda, who is located in Spain. He also does not speak fluent English.

#12 11 years ago

Does it come with a bracket to attach it to the game?

Chris

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from CFoote:

Does it come with a bracket to attach it to the game?
Chris

It comes with a bracket to attach and everything you need.

#14 11 years ago

I love caviar

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Quoted from TaylorVA:

I was not selling it last yea.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballsmith:

The original is made by laretrotienda, who is located in Spain. He also does not speak fluent English.

Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Looks very well done. If mold from scratch even more kudos. Best of luck with sales.

I'm confused. Kudos to making a mold off of someone else's mod?

#17 11 years ago

Looks good. Does it block line of sight with the upper right flipper?

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

Looks good. Does it block line of sight with the upper right flipper?

Nope not at all.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballsmith:

Yeah this is a mold of laretrotienda's sculpt... not cool

#20 11 years ago

If you made these from scratch, the sculpture and all, that should not raise too many red flags. The original maker might notify you that you're violating his intellecutal property in terms of design though.

#21 11 years ago

So this mod this rocket was brought to me by fellow pinball owner in several pieces. They asked if I could fix it knowing of my art skills. It was fragile and prob shouldn't be put in a pinball machine, so we talked and decided to refab a much stronger one. The original broke in several pieces while installing, THIS ONE I MAKE IS VERY STURDY AND WILL REPLACE IF IT BREAKS. I'm making a affordable sturdy product. PM me if you want one. Thanks

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

So this mod this rocket was brought to me by fellow pinball owner in several pieces. They asked if I could fix it knowing of my art skills. It was fragile and prob shouldn't be put in a pinball machine, so we talked and decided to refab a much stronger one. The original broke in several pieces while installing, THIS ONE I MAKE IS VERY STURDY AND WILL REPLACE IF IT BREAKS. I'm making a affordable sturdy product. PM me if you want one. Thanks

Did you get permission from laretrotienda? Mods, like everything else made, are under ownership of the original artist. If a profit is being made without the original artist's permission, you can actually be taken to court or fined if they desire or have the means to come after you.

#23 11 years ago

Blue or Orange.. that is the question. Orange matches the plastics and is more realistic... but damn, we're talking about the Twilight Zone where anything goes... even if it's blue flames and smoke and blue matches nicely!

#24 11 years ago

Got my order in!

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

we talked and decided to refab a much stronger one

Stealing, all the same.

Quoted from Joshmx19:

Got my order in!

Supporting a pirate...tsk, tsk.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from Joshmx19:

Got my order in!

Your getting a great sturdy mod for a great deal...

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from badpenny61:

Stealing, all the same.

Haters gunna hate

#28 11 years ago

I am allowed to say it really does not fit well with twilight zone art? It covers way to much of the playfield and the jet exhaust looks like someone blowing bubbles at the back of the rocket. Not for me and definitely if your stealing the original artist work with no license agreement that is a No-No.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

I am allowed to say it really does not fit well with Twilight Zone art? It covers way to much of the playfield and the jet exhaust looks like someone blowing bubbles at the back of the rocket. Not for me and definitely if your stealing the original artist work with no license agreement that is a No-No.

the great thing about it is you can say what ever you like.. Its free speech yo

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from badpenny61:

Stealing, all the same.

I already notified laretrotienda about the issue. If he's fine with reproducing his design, by all means proceed, but if he does not support this, it would be wise to stop selling these immediately.

#31 11 years ago

I knnow n

Quoted from pinballsmith:I already notified laretrotienda about the issue. If he's fine with reproducing his design, by all means proceed, but if he does not support this, it would be wise to stop selling these immediately.

I know Nothing about your Laretrotinda-- All I did was create a mod using another broken object that was brought to me as inspiration. You do what you gotta do do.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

brought to me as inspiration

Inspiration is fine, but you have to change a certain percentage of your mod and its all good. Casing a mold with 100% copy is stealing someone else's mod.

#33 11 years ago

i like it. I almost want to buy one, even tho I don't own TZ anymore. But I will again someday. Love the red one.

Wish Terry would make LED's that color change in a certain color scheme. Like red, orange, yellow for fire stuff. Green, blue, aqua, for water effects. Some purple, blue, reds for misc other spaces. That would be awesome.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Green, blue, aqua, for water effects

thats a really friggin good idea

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

thats a really friggin good idea

That is a really great idea .. I love color changers !! I'm working on putting some above my top mountain on my snow caped WH2O.. So it looks like the northern lights... That also need to start caring the teal LEDs. I order some from pinballcenter and there fn dope!

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

That is a really great idea .. I love color changers !! I'm working on putting some above my top mountain on my snow caped WH2O.. So it looks like the northern lights... That also need to start caring the teal LEDs. I order some from pinballcenter and there fn dope!

Cointaker just got Cyan LEDs in and they look great!

#37 11 years ago

Laretrotinda made that exact model you used to make the mold. He seems fine with what you're doing, but was quick to criticize how bad of a copy it was in terms of detail such as painting and coloring. I personally like your more detailed work with the smoke, but I would work on the actual rocket for future runs. If anyone wants, I'll make a mold of the rocket and smoke for $50 each. ^_^

#38 11 years ago

Free Market is getting great.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

Haters gunna hate

And a thief is gonna steal.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

And a thief is gonna steal.

All perspective. Everything I see selling for too much on this site gets 100 posts with people telling everyone else to let the market decide, so that's what this is to me.

#41 11 years ago

This is just the tip of the iceberg! Just wait. When 3D printers get to the point that non industrial people can afford them, this problem will be HUGE! This has been a warning from the FUTURE!

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

All perspective. Everything I see selling for too much on this site gets 100 posts with people telling everyone else to let the market decide, so that's what this is to me.

You can rationalize it any way you want, it is what it is.

#43 11 years ago

What's Laretrotinda price and how do we get in touch with him? I really like the rocket but not the bubbles (just my personal preference).

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

You can rationalize it any way you want, it is what it is.

Yeah that was kind of my point. You don't see me buying one.

At least these are 'Merican made? But seriously folks...

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah that was kind of my point. You don't see me buying one.
At least these are 'Merican made? But seriously folks...

I can't believe I spent several weeks with an attorney trying to get permission to make TZ mods in general... If this guy can get away with using someone's model exactly, there was really no point in me getting permission from all the copyright holders. I'm still glad I did it becuase it was the right thing to do.

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from scylla:

What's Laretrotinda price and how do we get in touch with him? I really like the rocket but not the bubbles (just my personal preference).

$155 + $18 shipping

ebay.com link: TWILIGHT ZONE PINBALL ROCKET SHIP ORANGE BASE LIGHT pinball mod add on

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

I knnow n

I know Nothing about your Laretrotinda-- All I did was create a mod using another broken object that was brought to me as inspiration. You do what you gotta do do.

You recreated a work by someone else. You should at least give the originator of the mod credit for the actual sculptural element in your mod.

As someone with an "artistic" background you should certainly respect that.

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

$155 + $18 shipping

LOL, who's really the one stealing here?!? Just like the Slot Machine mod that people sell for $120+ but it's made out of a $2 pencil sharpener, some gold spray paint, and three LED's.

#49 11 years ago

If anyone knows where to get the slot mod cheaper than 100.00 let me know.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

If anyone knows where to get the slot mod cheaper than 100.00 let me know.

Here it is for $3.25, drill it and add an LED.

http://www.pencilthings.com/product-p/mei%20mx8661.htm

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Whitehouse Station, NJ
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.50
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-sweet-rocket-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.