Screenshot 2024-05-03 at 7.50.17?PM (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

361 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #111 Firsthand information from the Magic Girl programmer. Posted by applejuice (6 years ago)

Post #3026 RAZA promotional video Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #5771 First RAZA gameplay video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #5874 RAZA video with more audible game sounds Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5926 First RAZA video with successful ramp completion Posted by zaphX (4 years ago)

Post #5967 Another RAZA gameplay video Posted by flynnibus (4 years ago)

Post #6050 Closeup pictures of key playfield features Posted by Potatoloco (4 years ago)

Post #6133 Video of display animations Posted by LateCenturyMods (4 years ago)

Post #6329 Summary of Robert Mueller's interview Posted by jeffspinballpalace (4 years ago)

Post #6724 RAZA Gameplay video Posted by DS_Nadine (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spfxted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#242 6 years ago

Hey! Anything that can POSSIBLY get those poor basturds their money back (or a machine) is worth a look see!

#246 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is like the 3rd time they’ve been promised a lifeline.

Hope is eternal...

#302 6 years ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

So if deeproot is so hyped up about pinball, and they've gotten Oursler, Nordman, Theil and Morris... What the fuck do they need JPop for??? They certainly didn't get those guys because of JPop's involvement. Why put up with the JPop shitshow backstory? Take your 4 talented guys, make a game and present it with the hype, enthusiasm (and ego) that you have now and avoid all the crap... If this company came out with these 4 guys and said "here's what we're going to do" and JPop's name was never attached to it, they'd have gotten a much better reception from the community.

Come on! If there is ANY way for the people that got screwed to get a refund, or their games...I'm all for it!

#351 6 years ago

Everything in moderation....

#355 6 years ago
Quoted from AmericanPinball:

In brief, only API has the rights to market or produce a Houdini™ pinball machine.

#357 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Anybody could make a Houdini pinball machine

Try it.....

#361 6 years ago
Quoted from AmericanPinball:

In brief, only API has the rights to market or produce a Houdini™ pinball machine.

So you are saying this is not true?

#370 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I almost sent him $15,000 right then and there.

That's why they call you CRAZYLevi

#400 6 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

We are proceeding with John's original Houdini design but not the Houdini name

No worries....ya still got "Sexy Copperfield"!

#413 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Just read through the goodwill terms. Interesting.

#415 6 years ago

I think the goal is to get rid of the Poppadork lawsuits. They don't want an employee going to court every month.

#418 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

On recent evidence, John being in the dock 5 days a week wouldn't have any significant impact on his productivity.

#446 6 years ago

The deal is good for people that were never going to sue Poppadoosh anyway.
....also, let's not hang these guys until we see what they can do. If Nordman is there, something must be right....

#450 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

but probably has nothing to repay you with.

...except the money he's getting paid from Deeproot...

#481 6 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

deeproot Tech Zidware Webinar:
Is John Popadiuk working on the games (MG, RAZA, AIW)?
Yes with colaborative help from the deeproot team."

Hail to the pinball wizard! Keep going!

You wouldn't be so kind if you lost $45,000 to this crook/conman.
Any company that uses this "stain on the pinball industry" has a lot to prove before anyone gets on board....

#515 6 years ago

Well, so far, everything about this company sounds interesting....except jpoop!

#535 6 years ago

It seems that with all the tech we have today pinball is primitive. Wood for playfields instead of something that protects art and is almost indestructible. All those wires and "stuff" under the playfield. Lets get into the future.....

#538 6 years ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

Why use steel balls on wooden playfield and nit woodened balls on steel playields?

#561 6 years ago

Would make great sideblades!!

1 week later
#595 6 years ago
Quoted from chad:

"Live action internal side art" Quick go register the patent!!!

On it!

1 week later
#646 6 years ago

Zidware Claims Update
Hi!

We want to thank the 21 people who have filed claims thus far. Of the 21, 15 have been approved and we anticipate the remaining 6 will be approved shortly. We believe there are ~78 non-plaintiffs that have not yet filed claims. If you are one of those non-plaintiffs, please do file a claim whether or not you think you qualify or have enough proof. Please let us try to help you.

Please see here for the Goodwill Terms: https://zidware.deeproottech.com/

Please click here to Start a Claim: https://zidware.deeproottech.com/claim/create

Thank you!

--deeproot Pinball

#648 6 years ago

I contacted them and they now send me updates.

#662 6 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

think it is natural to have this perspective without the facts.

Regardless of anything, Robert...thanks for coming here with an update. I hope everyone gets a machine or refund. I'm keeping an open mind.

#692 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

IMO. $5 is nothing.

Could I have $5k please?

#701 6 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

If you're going to make fun of John, I'd appreciate you *not* using a picture I took to do so...

Hah! I'm making a tee shirt with it!

2 weeks later
#752 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I already lost my butt. It can only improve from here.

Butt is lost...

laugh ass off.giflaugh ass off.gif

3 months later
#883 5 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Tis true... At what point should we start panicking?

-- Robert dT

When you look at your employee list and see JPOOP on there....

#900 5 years ago

VERY interesting read! So, Pinball Scummers would not even give up Alien if Deeproot would make them. Sheesh!

#910 5 years ago
Quoted from Fintan_Stack:

A lot of you guys are way too harsh on Deeproot. Yes, everybody hates JPOP. But at least with DR taking him on there is some chance of getting something for your long-gone money. And now they are saying they'll help out victims of Dutch and Heighway. Cut them some slack and see what happens.

There is clearly a lot going on with these guys. I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with. It's new pinball from a company that has their own money and just about every available well known designer onboard. Oh, and they are not asking anybody for any money! That's a refreshing change.

True, but you just have to question what they do when they hire someone that has fucked over plenty of people and the pinball community. They either don't give a shit....OR, they are really trying to make things right. Only time will tell....

#946 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Jpop is not Hitler.

Stop insulting Hitler!

3 weeks later
#1075 5 years ago

In a nutshell.....

At this point it is not logical to offer a deal to any current or former Plaintiff with this litigation still pending. It is unfortunate that the Plaintiffs chose to reject the settlement and ultimately choose nothing over something.

3 weeks later
#1381 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes, as they do have a functional website, and that is one of the most important things pinsiders need to give them confidence in any company.

1 week later
#1401 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Why does everyone want to see Dennis Nordman's tits?

I guess you haven't seen them yet! Worth it!

#1407 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Of course you'll need a stool to stand on.

LTG : )

Heh heh heh heh heh...you said stool....

1 month later
#1485 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

80's license they just got better be BTTF.

Nope...it's Deadly Spawn...

KS Header Variant Logo (resized).jpgKS Header Variant Logo (resized).jpg
#1502 5 years ago

Interesting article and Tour! I'd love to get behind this company if it weren't for Papadouchebag!

#1570 5 years ago

Just sayin'!...........

Explorers30 (resized).jpgExplorers30 (resized).jpgThe-Father-72 (resized).jpgThe-Father-72 (resized).jpgexplorers7 (resized).jpgexplorers7 (resized).jpgexplorersmovie (resized).jpgexplorersmovie (resized).jpg
#1614 5 years ago

Beat me to it! I was looking for photos!

#1632 5 years ago

Take my money!!

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpgthe-thing-1982-screenshot-1 (resized).jpgthe-thing-1982-screenshot-1 (resized).jpg
#1645 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

This is FUN! It's like the Ted shed pic thread. (What happened to the pics Ted?)

I agree! We SHOULD get back to me!

ted park and orch (resized).JPGted park and orch (resized).JPG
#1661 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

some type of Margarita ted?

Yes! (Deeproot)....a Margarita make with Don Julio 1942 tequila. (Deeproot) ....just to keep "On topic"

#1682 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

And what I can’t comprehend is that your company continues to get and receive so much hate and it’s simply not warranted.

Nobody hates the company! Just Poppadouchebag!!

1 month later
#1979 5 years ago

Dennis has a darn good bullshit-o-meter! If he leaves, that says it all!

#2019 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I've been curious if fiberglass reinforced plywood would be a way to make playfields much more durable.

Why can't they be made out of that fake wood look-a-like stuff they make decks out of?

#2027 5 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Stupid 3D glasses for 3D televisions are definitely the reason it died.

The passive glasses are the same ones you wear in the theatre. Almost every major film still comes out in 3D. Many of the 3D Blu Ray releases sell out except now we send our money overseas to get them. Most of my "film friends" have 3D TV or 3D projection. A bunch of them have bought extra TV's and store them. (just in case) Some of the 3D capable TV's are now in the $1,500 to $2,500 range! Bah!
When the new Avatar films come out, maybe there will be a resurgence....

#2053 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

I wish them all the best. Pinball is a big commitment and getting it right always takes longer than expected.

I'm not wishing them anything! They hired a scumbag thief! THEY have to prove themselves to US!

#2111 5 years ago

I heard .....two weeks.....

3 weeks later
#2237 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

"The designer will also help set up the machine, discuss the design process and the game, and play your game at your place of residence!! You can invite up to four friends."

lol...yeah...have Poppadouchebag come over someones house. I'm sure they will have 4 "friends" there.....

#2269 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBackpacker:

Here we have a new pinball company that has not asked any customers for deposits, is trying to compensate individuals impacted by the Zidware fiasco (which they have no obligation to do), and has offered to give away 5 machines after they launch, yet all Pinside does is bitch. What a bunch of babies we've become.

You missed the point. It's that they hired that crook to begin with. That's the main problem. When they do that, ALL of what they do or say is suspect.

#2273 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBackpacker:

Then don't buy from them. Life goes on...

Yes, I understand that....i'm just trying to explain why the mistrust, etc....

3 weeks later
#2303 5 years ago

Yeah, saying it like that is not like saying..."We do not have the rights."

#2338 5 years ago
Quoted from deeprootmatt:

I will also preface this message with this: I get it. He screwed up. A lot of people here are upset. And i completely understand that.

Yeah, he screwed up...and screwed MANY people. And his reward? He gets hired.......

#2340 5 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

However, I don't think JPop should continue to be chastised so much. He definitely screwed up, and obviously has issues, but he's never thrown his hands up and said fuck it. He's continued to look for some kind of solution to get what he's promised done. He could have very easily just done what SkitB, Heighway, VonnieD, and Dutch have done and just walked away. He continued to try to get the games built though, to the point of getting two different, new pinball manufacturers involved.

Good point!

#2368 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Funny though this doesn't work like that in voiceover acting. You can copy
Someone's voice all day long and you don't owe them a dime. (Which, to be clear, is a good thing)

Not entirely true. A radio commercial was run here with an Arnold impersonator. They had to remove it.

1 month later
#2590 5 years ago

SUMMARY OF THE INVENTION

[0009] The present invention improves the basic functions of pinball cabinets. The present invention improves the system for accessing the playfield without removing or handling glass. The glass top assembly is lifted from the front edge and rotates upwards around an axis created by a four bar linkage assembly. The use of a four bar linkage assembly lifts the glass top assembly over the top panel which provides an unobstructed area to access or remove the playfield. Furthermore, the present invention calls for an automated or power assisted lifting mechanism through use of pneumatic/hydraulic cylinders.

[0010] The present invention improves the mechanism used to fold down the backbox without interfering with the artwork on the exterior surfaces of the backbox and side panels. The present invention utilizes a pillar assembly which permits an upper sleeve to slide over a lower sleeve and eventually fold over the lower sleeve. The present invention does not mount or utilize any components that interfere with the exterior surfaces of the backbox or side panels.

[0011] The present invention improves access to the playfield for servicing and maintenance through utilization of two pairs of four bar linkage assemblies. The playfield exists in four positions with the first position in the cabinet ready for use. The second position exposes the playfield outside of the cabinet but partially positioned over the cabinet. The playfield is positioned outside the cabinet and not above the cabinet in the third position. The playfield remains generally level with the ground in the second and third positions. In the second and third positions, the playfield may rotate 360 degrees such that the underside of the playfield may be rotated to be in the up position. The fourth position results in the playfield rotated down where it is perpendicular to the ground. Each position provides different advantages for accessing all sides of the playfield.

[0012] Due to the limited space within a pinball cabinet that exists under the playfield, the mechanisms for the above components and systems are designed around each other as spacing for one component may interfere with spacing of other components. The present invention provides a single solution for the problems of accessing the playfield, servicing the playfield, and folding down the backbox without interfering with the artwork.

2 weeks later
#3120 5 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Surely that can't be the only reason

...and stop calling me...

1 week later
#3344 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well if delivery isn’t coming by June 30 then I’m rolling my claim to whenever it is.

TWIP: As part of the Goodwill Terms on the web page, you state “deeproot Tech will deliver elected game(s) no later than June 30, 2019″. Is that when we can expect to see a deeproot pinball machine for sale?

dr: When the masterpiece is ready, we will let everyone know. By the very terms, that would be the latest date permitted.

3 weeks later
#3529 4 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Don’t worry, but for the drama around Jpopalicious

How can you even joke about this jackass, lying sack of shit crook?

3 weeks later
#3813 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

so did deeproot take care of the zidware and magic girl guys? I thought I read that deeproot was making an announcement on how they were going to take care of you guys around June 1st. Has this happened?

laughing girl.giflaughing girl.gif
1 week later
#3892 4 years ago
laugh ass off.giflaugh ass off.gif
#4016 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I can't wait for the announcement that they've plugged the "Countdown to Awesomeness Clock" in the break room back in.

I heard they now have a Countdown to when the Countdown Clock will be plugged in....

#4033 4 years ago

Fear Of Missing Out, used to describe that feeling of anxiety which many people experience when they discover that other people have had fun together, been successful at something, or done just about anything ...
As opposed to Mo Fo.....

1 month later
#4501 4 years ago

2D games.....

#4520 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

people gave money to a guy who literally called himself some kid in the basement... so standards are low

[Insert spit-take] !

#4611 4 years ago

All I can say is.....Beep, Beep, Boop!

#4637 4 years ago

Insert Beat Dead Horse gif, please....

1 week later
#4757 4 years ago

....but they still haven't asked for money....
....it was time...

#4828 4 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

I haven't seen dimpling on my ping pong table... maybe pinballs should not be steel
and we should be using ping pong balls. (of course, smaller ones)

Ya know...that's not as stupid as it sounds! Why DO the balls have to be solid metal??

2 months later
#5498 4 years ago

Well, it's taken a while, but I'm starting to get over my hate for this company. That hiring the crook, Jpoop, just left a bad taste in my mouth. Yeah, I know SOME of you are getting machines so you have to play nice. If they would have originally said we are taking on Jpoop to clear up his bullshit and get everybody who paid into this scam a machine...I would understand.
But they hired him first and then offered something with a time limit and conditions which everyone wasn't happy with. (and STILL no apology from that guy) And, yeah, I know they have no obligation and you're getting something rather than nothing....but they hired a con artist that screwed many people out of hard earned money. But with that said, I'm beginning to soften up a bit. With all the boasting though, the main thing now is price. If it's regular Stern or JJP pricing....well, you know. Someone said it best, this machine should have a fantastic introductory price point. I can't imagine it's gonna be sub $5k, but lower than $7K. Sorry for the ranting....I didn't get much sleep....

#5502 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Glad you're softening up.

....a little....

#6286 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I sense a price point between 4990 and 5490... for the Fully Featured Final Production RAZA "PREMIUM"

#6511 4 years ago
south park 4 point plan dr (resized).jpgsouth park 4 point plan dr (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#6878 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

jPop is an idea person - he’s the dreamer, the “visionary”

jPop is an idea person - he’s the dreamer (con man), the “visionary” (thief)

#6918 4 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Edit: I was not paid in full

Why not?

2 weeks later
#7035 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Of course not, it came from K-rumor broadcast.
Of which about 70% is conjecture and rumor.

EVERYTHING on here is 70% conjecture, rumor or bullshit....

#7077 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

They missed the boat.

south park 4 point plan 4 (resized).jpgsouth park 4 point plan 4 (resized).jpg
#7161 4 years ago

You remember........
"How to become a millionaire in the pinball business?"
Start as a billionaire.....

#7199 4 years ago

Wow! If Deeproot made me that deal, I'd cancel my plans and go!

1 week later
#7279 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I will post whatever Deeproot replies to me

I know one thing for a fact.....Deeproot follows this Thread!

4 weeks later
#7518 4 years ago

Hmmmm...I get it!
Nobody knows nuthin!

1 week later
#7671 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Your average person wouldn’t be able - or willing - to make simple adjustments to leaf switches, for example. Hell, many would be too intimidated to pull the glass to free a stuck ball.

Stop making fun of me!

#7679 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Deeproot Day is less days away then the US sales decrease percentage of corona beer due to people actually mixing it up with covid19!

corona beer (resized).jpgcorona beer (resized).jpg
1 week later
#7922 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Actually Covid 19 is the name of the disease you get from the virus... if we are counting chickens...

Damn! I got a case of Corona! AND...I touched my face 3 times!

0 (resized).jpg0 (resized).jpg
#7932 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I'm afraid to shake hands because of the shortage of toilet paper.

c6c (resized).jpgc6c (resized).jpg
1 week later
#8044 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

And it sounds like Dennis Nordman is no longer with the company? Kaneda heavily hinted he moved over to CGC?? Dennis is like the town bike...everyone in the biz has had a ride on him now.

Dennis has a very good Bullshit-o-meter......

#8073 4 years ago

Bingo! .....and I'm sure, a good one....

1 week later
#8219 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

That's the real fact.

Er, there is no real fact as nobody known nuthin'! We have to SEE what happens...

2 weeks later
#8419 4 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Anyone have any additional insight into any of this, or into how RM and Kaneda got hooked up in the first place,

It was online dating. They have now moved in together. This may just be a rumor....

1 month later
#8605 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Here is your mini Techno trip Mr Odin

What's the name of that cartoon? I wanna see the original...

1 week later
#8682 3 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

I feel a Deeproot announcement any day now.

I feel something too.........hitting the bathroom!

#8690 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

That post above yours is pretty funny!!

Almost.....

2 months later
#9199 3 years ago

This just up!

55791919adabb980510abde05f5b3904c772f5cf.png (resized).jpg55791919adabb980510abde05f5b3904c772f5cf.png (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#10671 3 years ago

...doesn't look bad.

#10943 3 years ago

I don't mind the look.....don't forget...it's supposed to be Retro......

#11184 3 years ago

Bitch....bitch....bitch.....I bet Raza sells out!

#11750 3 years ago
south park 4 point plan 3 (resized).jpgsouth park 4 point plan 3 (resized).jpg
#11799 3 years ago

Again...not knowing much....why can't the lock down bar and even the whole body be made out of fiberglass? (it's good enough for a corvette)
It also seems that there are plenty of materials out there that would stand up to a metal ball better than wood.
Why can't the backglass and wraparound be a big screen so you can change images? (and make animated backglasses neat)
It would be cool if there could be a projector that could project an image on the bottom of the glass.
There's GOTTA be a better way to raise and lower legs than that screwy pad thing on the bottom...
I like wires that have snap in connections and no solder. The easier it is to replace things the better.
Just things off the top of my head as I drink coffee getting ready for football....

#11917 3 years ago

.....just taking a break....

C137Designs.com Ted Bohus 2 (resized).jpgC137Designs.com Ted Bohus 2 (resized).jpg
#12249 3 years ago

9293a4f74903befbf93046e4ee20250b (resized).jpg9293a4f74903befbf93046e4ee20250b (resized).jpg oops...wrong 80's

#12278 3 years ago

Yes, that's me in my 80's Corvette! Gad!...what happened to that guy??

ted_corvette (resized).jpgted_corvette (resized).jpg
#12279 3 years ago

He turned into THIS guy!

ted park and orch (resized).JPGted park and orch (resized).JPG
#12413 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Tom Savini is that you?

There ya go!

ted carradine savini (resized).jpgted carradine savini (resized).jpg
#12414 3 years ago

...and me as Knight Rider!

ted knight rider car (resized).jpgted knight rider car (resized).jpg
#12469 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

"Hey John, I've been waiting for my sandwich for 20 minutes now!"
"I haven't started making ANY sandwich yet. First I have to design the cardboard container to hold the sandwich, then I have to do develop the artwork for the box"
"So how much longer?"
"Probably like 3-4 months at least"

...but I'll take pre-payment now.....AND for the next sandwich...

3 weeks later
#13009 3 years ago

Is anyone else here now reading all the posts in verse??

#13041 3 years ago

Please stop Haiku now
Please
Boobs

1 month later
#14392 3 years ago

Oh, just found this again and it gave me a chuckle.....

dandd (resized).jpgdandd (resized).jpg
#14666 3 years ago

I Keneda believe it!

#14667 3 years ago

I want to hear from the Goodwill People. What's the new deal?

2 weeks later
#15109 3 years ago

....and now....a 5 minute break....

#15278 3 years ago

Do we need another break??

#15414 3 years ago
Quoted from DennisNordman:

You have no idea what you are talking about.

lol...I almost peed! It was like the Marshall McLuhan scene in Annie Hall!

annie hall Marshall McLuhan (resized).jpgannie hall Marshall McLuhan (resized).jpg
#15473 3 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Let’s stop trying to make everything look like it was all planned.

Occam's razor

1 week later
#15546 3 years ago

lol...poor Bernie...he's all over the place!!

IMG-3162 (resized).jpgIMG-3162 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#15747 3 years ago

I'm STILL not sure I understand the whole RAZA thing! They own the license. They can make as many as they want, no? If it started selling well, why not make more?
Why limit the time to buy? They sold 130. If the game got out there and was good it would sell more. Unless they just want to sweep this whole thing under the rug....
Why release a time line when you don't even have all your shit? And why the hell would you hire a thief? .....there's still so much I don't understand....

#15752 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They have other priorities, like making pinball machines and selling them for money.

...and they call you Crazy......

2 months later
#17457 3 years ago

....don't make me post boob photos!

3 weeks later
#17962 3 years ago

You don't even need math. They sold 160 games! 160!!! (and that might be inflated)!

#18049 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Notice how the mermaids have ripped off the divers mask and air and are drowning him.

Maybe not. They are just taking off his mask so they can give him the kiss that transforms him into a Merman. Then they take him to their lair and live happily ever after. ....at least that's how I see it...

#18076 3 years ago

Woodworker! That's some funny shite!

#18141 3 years ago

Try as I may...I just can't see giving a shit anymore......

goggles cant see interest (resized).jpggoggles cant see interest (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#18569 2 years ago
a chance (resized).jpga chance (resized).jpg
#18724 2 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

What do you call a dog with no legs?

Spot

1 week later
#18856 2 years ago

Hey, Oldgoat! Love the Avatar! Right now I'm working on my 11th book.....right up your alley!

cm 11 cover fun (resized).jpgcm 11 cover fun (resized).jpg
#18889 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

From what I hear from people who worked with him in the past, working with Jpop is akin to running an adult daycare.

Stop insulting adult daycare!

#18955 2 years ago

Talk about being rich....look what I brought home today!

IMG_0280 (resized).jpgIMG_0280 (resized).jpg
#18964 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Good lord! Ted I have a Montecristo No. 2 with your name on it at the next Monster Bash. (2022?!)

Yay!!!

#19057 2 years ago

How many Dead Hookers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
......At least 6 because my basement's still dark!

#19063 2 years ago

These are the Pinsiders I'm inviting to a Cigar/Tequila party!!

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 6.23.43 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-06-16 at 6.23.43 PM (resized).png
#19071 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Ted. I demand a recount!

Party's gettin' bigger!!

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 8.43.14 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-06-16 at 8.43.14 PM (resized).png
1 week later
2 weeks later
#19693 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Speaking of t shirts from pinball companies that never produced a game....

Yeah! Memory Lane! Early on the SKIT-B guys wanted to give me a tee shirt. I said I don't wear them only button shirts. So they sent me this in 2XL! A collector's item for sure!

shit b 1 (resized).jpgshit b 1 (resized).jpgshit b 2 (resized).jpgshit b 2 (resized).jpg
#19953 2 years ago
south park 4 point plan goonies (resized).jpgsouth park 4 point plan goonies (resized).jpg
#20005 2 years ago

.....certainly after the big news tomorrow...

#20098 2 years ago

They said just because I said there would be an update today...there will be no update! Sorry!...my fault....

#20173 2 years ago
update nazi (resized).jpgupdate nazi (resized).jpg
1 week later
#20598 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I haven't checked yet,

I have....all I can say is

#20918 2 years ago

Refunds still available....No!

#21054 2 years ago

They tried to offer the "Goodwill Deal" to people and have them sign off so they wouldn't get sued. Everyone didn't sign off, so are the rest of the people keeping the lawsuit going?

#21235 2 years ago

Link to Part 3 please....

#21501 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I am guessing his budget went like this: "One for you, two for me. One for you, three for me..." Etc.

Actually it's.....One for you, one for me. Two for you, one...two for me. Three for you. One...two...three for me....etc...

#21741 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Tenant has gone from paying rent twice a year to twelve times. I wonder why?

No more credit.....

#21866 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

The best thing anyone could do with JPop's work is take it out back and burn it

...."only way to be sure."

aliens.gifaliens.gif
#21921 2 years ago

This is my new Candid Monsters book. It might be good.....and I actually produced it.
FYJP

CM 11 COVER web (resized).jpgCM 11 COVER web (resized).jpg
#22078 2 years ago

SPACE??....they should go into Pinball......

Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 10.43.11 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-11 at 10.43.11 AM (resized).png
#22590 2 years ago

It went to space!!

#22725 2 years ago

WOW! I never knew Jpoop drew so good!!

#23097 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

This hobby is so fucking strange.

....just the people, my friend...just the people...

#23310 2 years ago

How far back did I say Dennis has a fantastic bullshit-o-meter and to be aware when he left?

#23312 2 years ago
Screen Shot 2021-08-22 at 1.02.13 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-22 at 1.02.13 AM (resized).png
#23530 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

But time will tell in the future who continues on, & who might come to a end.

captain obvious (resized).jpgcaptain obvious (resized).jpg
#23655 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Actually you can thank me for Elvira 3. I’m the one who came up with it back in 2015 and told Dennis and Greg I wanted them to do it. I even reached out and spoke with Cassandra’s agent. I came up with a theme and fleshed it out with Dennis to present Elvira in a more timeless fashion. Dennis and I let things go after working with Charlie didn’t work out. Then at TPF 2017 I sat in the back of the room smiling when Cassandra Greg and Dennis announced that it was going to be made in the breakout session. While I don’t know what the current design or status is, if rumors are true that Stern is going to delay it’s release, I would love to purchase the license from them and finish it right. —Robert

From my interview with Dennis: the whole thing here: https://www.thedeadlyspawn.com/pinball411/

TED: Which games do you like that aren't your own? Attack from Mars? Medieval Madness? They seem to be the most popular right now.

DENNIS: Actually I haven't played a lot of Medieval Madness because I was out of pinball for a long time...what I remember, my favorites, back in the day when I was doing research for my cabinet design, I used to play Steve Ritchie's Flash all the time, I loved that game. I played Wizard a lot...and then I remember Steve’s High Speed, I thought the story line in that game was just incredible. I don't have a lot of modern favorites.
Elvira & the Party Monsters backglass with Dennis as Wolfie!

TED: Here's the big question...when are we gonna’ do the third Elvira machine....EATME?

DENNIS: (laughter) Yeah! Who's idea was that?

TED: That was mine. Elvira And The Monster Entourage (EATME) I actually even bought the web address.

DENNIS: That's the greatest name! I don't know, on the Pinside Poll there were about 175 Very Positive responses to a new Elvira game and one of the reasons I did that poll was to try and help convince a manufacturer that another Elvira license would be a good idea. I even called her agent myself to see what's involved in getting a license to maybe make a boutique version of Elvira, but that won't happen because the agent wants a guarantee of x number of games and upfront money.

TED: Wow...that's a little crazy by today's standards. I heard that Cassandra had a conversation with Jersey Jack about a possible pinball game, but he didn't call her back...

DENNIS: I heard Jack just thought the license was too expensive.

TED: But you would be interested in getting involved with a small production run?

DENNIS: Yes, I would like to do Elvira–Zombie Hunter...

TED: Hey...what happened to Elvira and the Monster Entourage??

DENNIS: (laughter) Ok, that will be my second choice...but Greg and I would love to do the machine. If 175 people on Pinside said they'd buy it, then how many other hundreds would there be that would like to have it as well?

#23863 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I think the only trouble you might have is if Deeproot fights it.

I think they might have a few other things to worry about before fighting a chargeback....

#24192 2 years ago

BREAKING NEWS! Leaked photos of the Deeproot Car Jpoop was working on!

IMG_0912 (resized).JPGIMG_0912 (resized).JPG
#24681 2 years ago

JPOP can have a bad rap, but he is known in the industry & inducted along with others. Another reason many companies continue to hire him. Deeproot was the latest. & unlikely the last.

Ahhh, you got us! You've been pulling our leg all this time and probably laughing your ass off! Good one, it's GOTTA be this, because NOBODY could be that stupid! ....gotta admit...you are good!

#24960 2 years ago
Quoted from DennisNordman:

Well, I'll be darned, that's my foamcore layout.

Hi Dennis! What game was it for?

#25058 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Ironic? This was expected.

Wolfie! I'll be in Hilton Head tomorrow....

#25510 2 years ago

There's only one thing to make this all better....

IMG_0975 (resized).jpgIMG_0975 (resized).jpg
#25552 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Yes, oral and throat cancer will make this whole DeepRoot thing seem like a walk in the park.

You said it! I'm glad that you don't smoke, drink, do drugs or wear leather...

#25561 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

What will I do with my life now???

Cigars and tequila?

#25609 2 years ago

If they had a actual plan to start building actual games within days with a real production line.

captain obvious (resized).jpgcaptain obvious (resized).jpg
1 week later
#25857 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Maybe Robert could try that with John?

2 weeks later
#26241 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hey, my fuckin’ kid reads Pinside, too - I don’t want her learning the word “stupid” from the god damn internet!!

"shit", "piss", "fuck", "cunt", "cocksucker", "motherfucker", and "tits" .....enjoy!

2 weeks later
#26494 2 years ago

Anyone tried reaching out to the deeproot pr rep for comment?

Yes, they said it was a temporary 5 to 10 year glitch......

#26553 2 years ago

Beat me to it!

#26662 2 years ago

"The 5 to 10 Years of Deeproot"

1 week later
#26869 2 years ago

We can't even figure out how to make a pinball machine but he thinks we should add airplanes?"

#26928 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

What were Robert’s best terrible pinball ideas?

HAMMERTESTED!

1 month later
#27356 2 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

Novel idea? Apparently you've never worked on an Atari Hercules! I have nightmares about wriggling under one on a nasty beer-soaked carpet...

You HOPE it was beer......

3 weeks later
#27773 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

And no, CGC remakes aren't original themes. You've heard of Cactus Canton? Then it's an IP!

That is the one made in Taiwan. Cactus Canyon is the CGC remake....

2 weeks later
#28028 2 years ago

No one is looking to take any money until the mess is sorted out. See if anything IP or assets can be used towards pinball production. The JPOP & Deeproot relationship has to be sorted out. Along with the person who still likely has ownership rights (Bill).

Do I think JPOP or Deeproot games might be made. Maybe, but at this time it is a long shot unless many hurtles are resolved. Or likely IP will be bought not be be used or for different pinball projects in the future.

The unknown is all the IP that all the employees were working on all these years. So far that info seems to be not spoken for in the legal proceedings.

1 month later
#28862 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

but what would you do with a hundred of them?

Make a lot of money....

#29173 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Robert found Jesus before going to jail

Too late! Jesus is now up for auction.....

1 week later
#29729 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Too many people for me to publicly recognize and I recently noticed some of you with gray hearts on your profile. I hope you don't mind but I will be donating to Pinside in your name and changing them to red. You guys deserve some recognition.

Just checking......

1 month later
#30909 1 year ago

For all we know he might be bunkered working on his games or dreams with someone to keep him focused.

#30911 1 year ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Perhaps it's because he is a dirtball thief?

Stop insulting the other dirtball thiefs!

1 week later
#31077 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

He's acting as his own attorney

1 week later
#31181 1 year ago
Quoted from frobozz:

You mean, like late-60s/early-70s Bally EMs had?

"What is old is new again!"

1 month later
#31438 1 year ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

hopefully it's a cardboard box under a bridge

Stop insulting people living in cardboard boxes!

1 week later
#31496 1 year ago
IMG_2383 (resized).jpgIMG_2383 (resized).jpg
#31680 1 year ago

Sorry....been away....just caught up and watched the CT Video. Seems like a nice guy who means well. Time will tell. I didn't like that he didn't mention the scamming crook, er, ex employee jpoop and that he would have nothing to do with him. (maybe a future video)

#31683 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Because he plans to work with Jpop.

If that's the case then i guess he's learned NOTHING.....but he will....the hard way....

#31793 1 year ago

I don't know....sorry guys, but I like this Chris character. We ask questions, he answers them. He's willing to take us on the ride....good or bad. I like that and I enjoy seeing the process. So, Chris, you keep doing what you're doing and I'm sure the experts here will tell you if you go astray. I for one will be watching and learning and enjoying the process of starting a new pinball company.

#31795 1 year ago

For now I just have to take it that he means well and will try to keep us all in the loop. I understand that he may not have made up his mind on a few things....

#31874 1 year ago

Cheers to all you fat basturds!

park and orchard ted (resized).JPGpark and orchard ted (resized).JPG
2 months later
#32144 1 year ago
E6Cck0qWUAU9hzM (resized).jpgE6Cck0qWUAU9hzM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2022-11-02 at 2.28.46 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-11-02 at 2.28.46 PM (resized).png
4 weeks later
#32256 1 year ago

The scary thing is, Poppa Douche Bag just turns over a couple storage bins full of stuff and doesn't have to go to jail.....

5 months later
#32795 11 months ago

Can you feed that back into ChatGPT and ask it to fill out a few funny ones?

.....or Crazy Levi....

1 month later
#32824 9 months ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Pleading ignorance and looking humbled is the perfect play on jurors. He's a salesperson, he could sell it.

Think OJ......anything could happen....

1 month later
#33038 7 months ago

Yes! Hank you!
Quick devil ain't ya!

1 week later
#33097 7 months ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Instead, Mueller manufactures questions of fact where none exist by making self-serving statements unsupported by the record or applying flawed legal interpretations"

drop mic.jpg (resized).jpgdrop mic.jpg (resized).jpg
#33135 7 months ago

approaches 666 pages

That explains it all!

3 weeks later
#33257 6 months ago

Just had to get in on that!

4 weeks later
#33355 5 months ago

Q. So, the stolen money wasn't your fault, the failed pinball company wasn't your fault, stealing old peoples retirement money wasn't your fault....WHO'S fault WAS it???

A. Pinside.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Austin, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spfxted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tu=spfxted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.