image-787.jpg
image.jpg
images-966.jpg
image.jpg
363603.jpg
image.jpg
image-623.jpg
image-633.jpg
There are 322 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
#301 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Drain from pops is not a code issue....

No but could be easily fixed by including a pop bumper save in the code. "If last switch is bumper then drain. Ball save"

Easy to add and would immediately take away the frustration. Simple fix that could be turned on/off depending on your preference.

#302 9 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

No but could be easily fixed by including a pop bumper save in the code. "If last switch is bumper then drain. Ball save"
Easy to add and would immediately take away the frustration. Simple fix that could be turned on/off depending on your preference.

Not an issue with my LE but well said. Please forward to Mr Lyman.

#303 9 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Not an issue with my LE but well said. Please forward to Mr Lyman.

Got Lyman's email address?

#304 9 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

Oh Lord let's not go there.

Imagine for a moment if it got out on Pinside. ...the horror ...the horror.

#305 9 years ago

"must be a big gun held to your head! "

Joke? I don't get it. Pos game is in my current league lineup so ya, no choice.

Keep the emoticons on your own statements please. It's how to tell if your awesome.

#306 9 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

[email protected]

#307 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

Yes I dislike this machine.
The drain monster gameplay is no fun, nothing interesting to shoot at, well walker is ugly and the stock lighting is totally wrong. Pretty ugly cab too.
I only play it cuz I have too

It has been widely documented that if the game is level you will not get those dumb drains. Might want to give it another shot.

#308 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

well walker is ugly

I understand when you just hate everything about a pin ...but this is crossing the line. Dinging TWD because you find the likeness of a recently pulled up bloated zombie that was trapped in a well for god knows how long - ugly? Tisk tisk ...poor form.

I don't know why but that little quip in your rant did make my day, thanks.

#309 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

The drain monster gameplay is no fun, nothing interesting to shoot at, well walker is ugly and the stock lighting is totally wrong. Pretty ugly cab too

What? nothing but interesting things to shoot at, its Zombies. The LE cab is awesome but even if it wasn't who cares really, and the ugly WWalker is easily fixed if you wanted to. This game cannot be judged by an on site pro. I hope you get to play a nice LE one day.

389271.jpg389271.jpg
#310 9 years ago

Just joined the club with a nice pickup on a Premium.....I have played about a dozen games on the Pro, so really as new as one can get for this pin.
I look forward to see how it fits my own tastes, as I play for fun, not competitive, and for Art, sound and light, as an experience. Since I love the TV show, but preferred the artwork, (and cost) of a Premium.
Ill dive in this weekend and see what it does....for me and the family.

1 month later
#311 8 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

I'd actually be interested what Keith thinks of TWD on the whole as a game.

I could tell you what he thinks of the LE/Premium. Lol

#312 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I could tell you what he thinks of the LE/Premium. Lol

Spill. I love the game and I'm updating the code later and hopefully it'll make it better, but all I do is slap the silver shiny thing around and look at the cool lights and admire the way it looks. Be interesting to hear what someone who actually knows what they're doing thinks and why.

2 weeks later
#313 8 years ago

I love this game, but it really makes me want to shoot myself in the head sometimes.

If they were trying to capture what it's like to live in fear of Zombies, they have succeeded.
I am constantly in fear of ball drains while playing this game - it's fricken brutal.
The SDTM from the top magnet unless i hold the flippers, the random pop drains (not horrible but probably happens 5% of the time out of the pops), the bouncing off the slings to the gutters - game is just so frustrating and difficult - But I love it - can't stop playing it.

Sometimes I really wish I had some easy games, only easyish one I have is Whirlwind

#314 8 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Sometimes I really wish I had some easy games

maybe put regular flippers on your FT and BSD. That should help. You do have a tough collection though.

#315 8 years ago

I really haven't experienced the drains from the pops but when I think about it I probably wouldn't feel that it was a cheap drain as most others in this thread have said.

My collection consists of games with for the most part completely free range pop bumper action - so if you loft a ball up to the pops - you'd better be ready to have it fired right back at you. I would imagine the issue (and I believe has) been solved by using a slightly thicker post sleeve near the exit. If that has already suggested its because TL:DR.

I will say I enjoy the game on location and can't wait to have one at home.

#316 8 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I love this game, but it really makes me want to shoot myself in the head sometimes.
If they were trying to capture what it's like to live in fear of Zombies, they have succeeded.
I am constantly in fear of ball drains while playing this game - it's fricken brutal.
The SDTM from the top magnet unless i hold the flippers, the random pop drains (not horrible but probably happens 5% of the time out of the pops), the bouncing off the slings to the gutters - game is just so frustrating and difficult - But I love it - can't stop playing it.
Sometimes I really wish I had some easy games, only easyish one I have is Whirlwind

The Prison is brutal on the location game I play. I don't know what is more frustrating, the drains, or the non-registering of the head. Door bashes are seem by the opto. What they should have done was positioned the opto so that when the doors are open (or have another opto for this) hits are seen by the opto, not a switch. Things would be so much more consistent that way.

3 years later
#317 5 years ago

Lots of complaints about the head in the prison...can someone please explain how to adjust this switch...Thank you...........Joey

#318 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The zombie head is a code issue. I have taken the glass off and in switch test the head registers EVERY time. It does not count every time in game play.

This can’t possibly be true,could it...???..........Joey

#319 5 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

This can’t possibly be true,could it...???..........Joey

Not code for sure.
The head actually registers a little different with the playfield up or down, keep that in mind. And adjust like any other switch.

#320 5 years ago

Best plan of attack?...do you get to the switch from under the playfield or take the prison roof off?...I’m trying to get as much info as I can before I dive in...Thank you.........Joey

#321 5 years ago

It's a standard leaf switch @breaking_dad. Look up some videos and guides on how to properly adjust a leaf switch. Make sure it is in good working order too.

And fwiw I'd also be checking for and removing any cliffies/protection around the Prison Magnet. They're known to cause problems with the Prison shot.

#322 5 years ago

It’s a standard leaf switch, but the way it is activated is not standard at all. The head has a arm underneath it that when you hit the head that arm swings forward and hits a big standup target under the game to register the hit.

You can make that switch crazy sensitive, but the best way to make that shot more consistent its to reduce the distance that arm has to travel to strike the target.

I simply took the soft side of sticky Velcro and attached it to the part of the arm that hits the target. Fixed the issue of the head not registering right up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Shelbyville, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Salt Lake City, UT
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 322 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-frustration-thread/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.