• Latest reply 12 years ago by jalpert
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TZ_Grand_Champion.JPG
#1 12 years ago

I have the opportunity to but a TZ for around 3K I have played it before but about 15 years ago when I was 12 lol. Is it really that good? Is it worth 3K? Would it fit well in my collection? Thanks guys

#2 12 years ago

I just sold my fulled modded one for $5400. I think it was way overpriced but the buyer didn't. I sent him links to others for $2800-$3500 over weeks but he had to have mine. He tried for my Medusa and prototype backglass (no sale). Now he is continually nagging me for my CV.

#3 12 years ago

Never owned one. But I want one. Lot of stop and go.

#4 12 years ago

A lot of pinheads would tell you it's the best DMD pin ever made. Not me however. But sounds like a good price as long as its in good condition, and you might love it! Or you can sell it for that much easily, or more (condition depending) if you don't love it.

#5 12 years ago

3K is a great price. I have definitely been missing mine and as soon as the pin fund grows a bit I'll be adding it back.

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from Brokedad:

Now he is continually nagging me for my CV.

Let me know if you ever sell it! I really want a CV

#7 12 years ago

TZ is a great pin!If it is good shape it is well worth 3K

#8 12 years ago

I would buy it, and I would mod it!

#9 12 years ago

Easily worth that amount, one of the great pins ever made.

#10 12 years ago

You are more than welcome to swing by my place and play mine before making your decision. After owning a TZ for more than a year, I still think it's the best pin out there. It's a just a brilliantly designed game in every respect. I had my best game ever a couple nights ago, beating my old high score (1.6 billion) on my first ball and getting to LITZ twice. What a rush!

TZ_Grand_Champion.JPGTZ_Grand_Champion.JPG

#11 12 years ago

Hey Gweem if you dont mind me askin what did you pay for it? msg me if you want. Thanks!

#12 12 years ago

It wont let me upload the photos but it looks like its in good shape. He wont budge off of $3250. Heres what he said about the machine: Hey Joe,
I have had this machine for about 10 yrs. DMD works fine. No lines out. No wear on the playfield. Everything seems to work fine. Clock may be off once in awhile but it really needs a shop job.

What do you think?

#13 12 years ago

How's the cabinet?

Seems like the price is in the ballpark based on what other TZ's are going for these days. Although you may find more problems once you start shopping it too... Too bad you can't get him down to $3K.

Is TZ a pin that you really, really want?

#14 12 years ago

I do but wife keeps telling me to get TSPP 1st lol I've never spent this much on a pin so that's the only thing holding me back

#15 12 years ago

Cabinet looks good in the pics

#16 12 years ago

Well it is definitely an easier proposition if the wife is on board with the deal!

Would you be happier with TZ or TSPP?

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Would you be happier with TZ or TSPP?

Both?

#18 12 years ago

if it is what you want than go for it. TSPP sucks next to TZ. You should go to the seller and play the pin a few times. Than decide. If it is the one than the price is good. If you don't enjoy let it go.

#19 12 years ago

He he he! That's always my answer when presented with those sorts of questions too.

Go to the guy's house with $3K cash, play it a couple of times, and offer him the money. If he turns you down, thank him for his time, and walk away. He may quickly decide that $3K cash right in front of him is better than a theoretical $3,250 that may never materialize.

#20 12 years ago

Awesome pin. BUT are confident in your 'pin fixing' skills? that is the question.. lots going on in that machine.

#21 12 years ago

I don't have it, but I've played it and it is probably the best pinball machine ever made.

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from DarthPinhead:

Hey Gweem if you don't mind me askin what did you pay for it?

I paid $4,800 for mine, but it's not a very fair comparison. For starters, mine was fully shopped, had LEDs installed throughout the game, and came with a warranty. It's also an early sample game with the original silk screened prototype artwork, third magnet hole and post, and a bunch of other little differences.

#23 12 years ago

Darth I think you are talking about the one on RGP. I am getting the guys funhouse and saw pictures of that tz. Aside from the cabinet fade it looked nice albeit dirty.

I am either going to get get funhouse thursday or saturday and can let you know what tz looks like if you want.

#24 12 years ago

It was my first too. I traded it like many others this year and I regret it. It is an amazing game that just sucks ya right in. I am working on getting another for 2012 after WOZ.

#25 12 years ago

3250 is a good price for a fully working TZ with PF in good condition, even if it needs a shop job.

It's a great game - One potential problem with it though: is it your only pin? If so, it might not be the best choice, because people who don't play pinball much will get completely owned by TZ, and won't have fun. You get 30 second games if you can't get the ball under control coming out of the slot machine.

#26 12 years ago
Quoted from DrAzzy:

One potential problem with it though: is it your only pin? If so, it might not be the best choice, because people who don't play pinball much will get completely owned by TZ, and won't have fun ...

TZ was my only pin for four months. Most of my guests really enjoyed it. It still probably gets played more than any other pin in my collection except for RFM. People are just drawn to it like flies!

#27 12 years ago

missed out on it. Oh well. I gotta stop tryin to negotiate and just say "Ill take it" apparently lol

#28 12 years ago

Get it: you will not regret it.

Your price is nice.

#29 12 years ago

i say def get it.

#30 12 years ago
Quoted from DarthPinhead:

missed out on it. Oh well. I gotta stop tryin to negotiate and just say "Ill take it" apparently lol

Sorry to hear that. It is a great game and a favourite of many. It is a fantastic game to explore and I always I love to play it. The only flaw I can put my finger on is that I didn't the left side of the play-field much.

No such thing as the perfect pin but TZ got close!

Quoted from RawleyD:

Awesome pin. BUT are confident in your 'pin fixing' skills? that is the question.. lots going on in that machine.

No worries there because it is reliable with the possible exception of the clock but that doesn't effect game-play if it goes wrong.

#31 12 years ago

I own both TZ and Tspp. TZ fell in love with it right away. Tspp has taken me at least 3-4 weeks to finally get into it. but as they say if something takes awhile to get into then that usually lasts the longest.

#32 12 years ago

That sucks that you missed the TZ, but perhaps it was fate telling you to get a TSPP instead. I was deciding between a TSPP and a TZ for my first machine. At the time, I really didn't know much about where to find pins, so I ordered a NIB TSPP from BMI. I think the price was about $5,200. I changed my mind the next day and decided that I wanted a TZ instead. My search for a TZ ultimately led me to GAP, which turned out to be very fortuitous. Not only did I find a great machine, but I made a new friend in the process.

#33 12 years ago

I think the price was high. TZ usually goes for about $3,300 shopped. Shop job, flipper rebuilds, sounds like it had a broken clock and cabinet fade, I think it was worth closer to $2,800.

TZ's pop up all the time. They made a ton of them, it's a pretty high dollar game, and play fields are usually in pretty good shape considering that a lot of them weren't played much on route. just wait a little bit and the right one will come up.

#34 12 years ago

When I first played TZ I did not care for it but it has really grown on me the more I play it. I think 3K is a fair price for one IMO. However, as jalpert mentioned there are a lot of TZs out there so if your not ready to commit to it you will likely have a chance to get one in the future.

Quoted from DrAzzy:

It's a great game - One potential problem with it though: is it your only pin? If so, it might not be the best choice, because people who don't play pinball much will get completely owned by TZ, and won't have fun

Very true! But Darth currently owns 3 pins so this should not be a problem for him.

#35 12 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I think the price was high. TZ usually goes for about $3,300 shopped. Shop job, flipper rebuilds, sounds like it had a broken clock and cabinet fade, I think it was worth closer to $2,800.

jalpert, where have you seen those? I'd love to find a TZ for under $3500, shopped or unshopped. Have not found one in NorCal.

#36 12 years ago

I would buy shopped TZ all day long for $3300!
Tvpinballs

#37 12 years ago

springfield.craigslist.org link - $3,000

dallas.craigslist.org link - A guy selling a TSPP that would trade for TZ, asking $3,200

denver.craigslist.org link - $3,800 but there is a good chance he'd take $3,500, which is pretty close.

These are the only ones I could find on Craigslist, without talking them down 1 penny the average asking price is $3,333. These results are from all over the country, Assuming your not dealing with a HUO machine, or one modded out etc, $3,300 might even be a little high.

The average asking price, combined with the book value of $3,300 re-iterates that TZ is a $3,300 game. I'm not saying the next TZ you see will be $3,300, like every game, unless you want to overpay you have to have some patience. If you have the money, by all means. But if you are impatient and you overpay, it doesn't increase the value of the game. If there are 10 TZs out there, and 9 of them are $5K and 1 of them is $3K it's still a $3,000 game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.95
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 22.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-on-tz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.