(Topic ID: 244668)

Surprise gift from Stern and George Gomez...

By tktlwyr

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 99 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Hayfarmer
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

063E2028-1722-496E-9BB9-D05476067744 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190716_103118382 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190716_103131955 (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
D25F1194-E393-433F-8DA3-5201AE8DB5F6 (resized).jpeg
ute (resized).jpg
C647C50E-464A-4342-A448-0CE6765115C6 (resized).jpeg
F0E8EB86-C8A0-427B-959F-0259A82AE5E9 (resized).jpeg
EDD3728A-90EB-48C2-B4C2-F6EFCF01A39F (resized).jpeg
There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

That is definitely one of the coolest things I could ever imagine finding in the box with my new machine. Just wondering though did they actually intend for you to use it as a topper and if so is there a way to mount it or will it just sit on the top of the machine? I do agree with one of the statements up above it would be cool if they threw in like a t-shirt or a coffee mug considering the price of these damn machines keeps going through the roof they can at least give us something for shelling out these large sums of cash.

#52 4 years ago

Very Cool of Gomez and Stern.
Was your deadpool a speacial #, say no 5000 or something?

#53 4 years ago

Now that’s cool.

#54 4 years ago

Very happy for you. It's unfortunate that some LE buyers are feeling jealous. If everyone gets what they pay for it's very cool that some lucky people get extras that mean something to them and are not just throw away trinkets.

#55 4 years ago

George's signature doesn't look like it's a fun one to sign.

#56 4 years ago

Pretty cool! Congratulations! Please, don't use it on anyone!

#57 4 years ago

Very cool, I wonder if some BKSOR's will come with an actual flail...

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

That is definitely one of the coolest things I could ever imagine finding in the box with my new machine. Just wondering though did they actually intend for you to use it as a topper and if so is there a way to mount it or will it just sit on the top of the machine? I do agree with one of the statements up above it would be cool if they threw in like a t-shirt or a coffee mug considering the price of these damn machines keeps going through the roof they can at least give us something for shelling out these large sums of cash.

T-shirts, mugs, etc all cost money. What toy or feature on your next pin are you willing to give up for your shirt? Or are you willing to pay more?

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

That’s a bunch of bullshit! I bought an LE and 6 months later I get a lousy album. You spend half and get a Katana! Congratulations, F*** me

Entitled much?

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

T-shirts, mugs, etc all cost money. What toy or feature on your next pin are you willing to give up for your shirt? Or are you willing to pay more?

Come on now you don't really think that an $8,000 pinball machine cost $8,000 to make do you? I just had t-shirts made up for my work they came out to be about $8 a piece you're telling me that you can't drop an $8 t-shirt into a box without sacrificing profit?

#61 4 years ago

To anyone complaining:

At least this wasn't yet another Facebook popularity contest to "ALLOW" you to spend 15k on something. SMH.

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

You should get a T-Shirt and a mug with your Insider subscription.

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Come on now you don't really think that an $8,000 pinball machine cost $8,000 to make do you? I just had t-shirts made up for my work they came out to be about $8 a piece you're telling me that you can't drop an $8 t-shirt into a box without sacrificing profit?

I can see it now - people adding up the BOM of the t-shirt and adding up thread counts. Stern could also have a lot of fun with this and put "I bought a $8000 pinball machine and all I got was this cheap t-shirt" on it.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

I picked up my new Deadpool Pro today and there was a very cool gift in the box with the following letter. It will be made into a topper.

Do you know George Gomez or is that what everyone gets now if you buy a new Deadpool? All in all its a cheap sword but pretty cool if your not expecting it.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

No way to mount it, however I've reached out to Dan at Tilt Topper to do something special.

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Very Cool of Gomez and Stern.
Was your deadpool a speacial #, say no 5000 or something?

Negative.

Quoted from crlush:

Do you know George Gomez or is that what everyone gets now if you buy a new Deadpool? All in all its a cheap sword but pretty cool if your not expecting it.

Know I don't know George Gomez personally, however we did connect on FB last night.

If everyone would take the 1 minute to read the letter that I had spent the time to post, they are being placed randomly in with new Deadpools. BTW, the cabinet came with corner bracing and a new, thicker wooden floor that adds some beef back to the cabinet.

#66 4 years ago

My game had six of these bad boys in the box. How cool is that.

D25F1194-E393-433F-8DA3-5201AE8DB5F6 (resized).jpegD25F1194-E393-433F-8DA3-5201AE8DB5F6 (resized).jpeg
#67 4 years ago

George is a great and friendly guy always helping if possible.

congrats on your deadpool and the gift!

#68 4 years ago

Did Gomez sign that in blood?

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Do you know George Gomez or is that what everyone gets now if you buy a new Deadpool?

It said on the letter that it was random, and that the recipient was just that darn lucky.

#70 4 years ago

pinside turns another seemingly mundane topic in to a fight.

#71 4 years ago

I believe Tanyo signed some also. Keep an Eye out for his.

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

My game had six of these bad boys in the box.

Ohhh, Good for you!

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#73 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

You should get a T-Shirt and a mug with your Insider subscription.

I’m more annoyed about “The insider” subscription than not getting a shirt or a mug. It’s high margin, and I get the need to drive up margins, but if you’re going to give away something, this is the obvious choice. You should get six months or a year with every pin purchase. You want me to pay more for the privilege of hearing your marketing?

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I’m more annoyed about “The insider” subscription than not getting a shirt or a mug. It’s high margin, and I get the need to drive up margins, but if you’re going to give away something, this is the obvious choice. You should get six months or a year with every pin purchase. You want me to pay more for the privilege of hearing your marketing?

Free for 1 year with each NIB purchase. If you buy multiple games you can transfer membership to another person. With hopes to get more people excited about pinball.

#75 4 years ago

Great idea, great marketing and really great for the people that receive one. I’d be over the moon to see that in my NIB game. Imagine tktlwyr instead of a topper you could simulate it going through the cabinet. That would look pretty cool and unique.

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Great idea, great marketing and really great for the people that receive one. I’d be over the moon to see that in my NIB game. Imagine tktlwyr instead of a topper you could simulate it going through the cabinet. That would look pretty cool and unique.

That would be awesome! Alas, My game room does not have that kind of spacing.

#77 4 years ago

Well played Stern, well played.

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Very cool, I wonder if some BKSOR's will come with an actual flail...

And Munsters could come with a pair of keys for a new Hot Rod!

#79 4 years ago

Dead Cool! Well done Stern.

#80 4 years ago

Congrats Op! Think back to your favorite surprise you found as a kid in a cereal or Cracker Jack box. Classy move Stern!

#81 4 years ago

Super cool! Congrats OP! You must have been absolutely giddy when you discovered the surprise inside the box. This is the kind of thing that Stern needs to do more of. It's small gestures like this that can reap huge rewards with your customers. Bravo to whoever came up with the idea!

#82 4 years ago

Very cool gift! Anything fun like that, I'm all for it.

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

George's signature doesn't look like it's a fun one to sign.

He signed my NBA Fastbreak backbox insert at Pintastic last year and it smudged when I put it back in the plastic. He re-signed it without issue. Great guy!

#84 4 years ago

Congratulations, that’s pretty damn cool.

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Congratulations, that’s pretty damn cool.

Also, knowing that this would eventually make it to the Pinside forum, it's damn smart.

Rocky quote:

Jergens: Apollo, I like it. It's very American.
Apollo: No, Jergens, it's very smart.

#86 4 years ago

Imagine my surprise when my Stern Beatles Gold arrived with Yoko inside the box. Kept the game. .returned the gift.

#87 4 years ago

Brilliant move by Stern. Congrats on being one of the lucky few!

I will also add, I absolutely love Deadpool (and Matt does as well), so good taste!

#88 4 years ago

Very Nice Gesture !!

I enjoyed the Free Shirts they did for TRON LE and MET LE etc

Stern Tries ..

Sigh ...... Ghostbuster Code :-/

1 month later
#89 4 years ago

I just got one too!!!! I searched online and found this forum thread. I am in shock. This is my first pinball machine purchase so this just adds to the excitement!!

IMG_20190716_103118382 (resized).jpgIMG_20190716_103118382 (resized).jpgIMG_20190716_103131955 (resized).jpgIMG_20190716_103131955 (resized).jpg
#90 4 years ago
Quoted from HunnyBunny:

I just got one too!!!! I searched online and found this forum thread. I am in shock. This is my first pinball machine purchase so this just adds to the excitement!!

And PinSide gets a new member because you searched and found this thread

Welcome to Pinside!

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from HunnyBunny:

I just got one too!!!! I searched online and found this forum thread. I am in shock. This is my first pinball machine purchase so this just adds to the excitement!![quoted image][quoted image]

Congratulations!

#92 4 years ago

Looks like ole Georgey Boy actually signed that letter with the tip of the sword!

That's quite an autograph. Wonder how long it takes him to bang that out?

#93 4 years ago

Awesome Babee!!!!! DP is becoming a favorite game around Florida!

1 year later
#94 3 years ago

I got one in my pro as well.

063E2028-1722-496E-9BB9-D05476067744 (resized).jpeg063E2028-1722-496E-9BB9-D05476067744 (resized).jpeg
#95 3 years ago

All I got with my latest Stern was pooling at ball guides. At least it was free.

#96 3 years ago

Gomez has by far the coolest signature I have ever seen.

#97 3 years ago

If only George signed the Katana inside the game, then it’d be worth $20k!

#98 3 years ago

That is so cool. Greatest topper ever. Congratulations!!!

2 months later
#99 3 years ago

Just sold my dp pro with katana , asked 5700, sold in 2 hours. Above market price i thought so was happy. While waiting for guy to show up I got an offer for $450 for katana, then another offer for $650. I declined as I had committed to sale. Sold game, called my distributor who I knew had a katana, and the guy bought it for$650. Just a heads up for you guys, crazy prices!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.95
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ormond Beach, FL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Yardley, PA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/surprise-gift-from-stern-and-george-gomez/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.