(Topic ID: 75269)

Star Trek Pro Pinball Refinery Apron: Blue or Black?

By Ramjet

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by mcfly
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ST 5.JPG
ST 4.JPG
blue.JPG
download.jpg
image-122.jpg
image-717.jpg
image-908.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Could I see some pictures of the custom apron from Pinball Refinery for your ST-Pro, either in blue or black.
I can't decide on which color to get.
Thanks

#3 10 years ago

I bought blue, but it's coming this week. I'll post some pics when I have it installed.

#4 10 years ago

there is a black one?

you mean the regular black one?

#5 10 years ago

I got blue as well. It is still in the mail, but on it's way.

#6 10 years ago

Yep, there is a black one, it's not pictured on the website but Gio e-mailed me and told me there was one but didn't have pictures of it installed on a game.

#8 10 years ago

Yep, black is $150 and the blue is $175

#9 10 years ago

Blue all the way such a great color powder they used for it.
image-122.jpgimage-122.jpgimage-717.jpgimage-717.jpgimage-908.jpgimage-908.jpg

#10 10 years ago

The Black

download.jpgdownload.jpg
#11 10 years ago

I bought the chrome one but haven't had a chance to put it on yet.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I bought the chrome one but haven't had a chance to put it on yet.

oh man, chromed, i'd like to have that.

Quoted from maf-mi:

The Black

download.jpg 48 KB

is this the same one sold at pinball life?

#13 10 years ago

I gotta say, from a pure spectator stance, that black looks bitching. Would like to see zoomed out pics of the whole package.

#14 10 years ago

I would do blue if you powder coat blue and black if you keep the black trim.

blue.JPGblue.JPG

#15 10 years ago

ooooh....I actually like the black better I think.

#16 10 years ago

Seen the blue version on the dudes ST pro refinery. You will not be disappointed in the blue. Its amazing!

#17 10 years ago

Does anybody have the blue apron with the stock black lockdown bar and rails? If so, can we see some pictures. Thanks

#18 10 years ago

The black looks better with black trim and the blue looks better with blue trim. IMO.

#19 10 years ago

are these easy to put on ?

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

are these easy to put on ?

Well Hwawonyu could do it so it can't be that bad. (joke)

#21 10 years ago

Lol! I was going to say it : )

#22 10 years ago

So its easy than ,, cool. Will have to order one next year.

#23 10 years ago

Still looking for someone who has the blue apron with the stock black rails and lockdown bar. Pictures?

#24 10 years ago

Do these aprons have the spotlights on the front like Metallica LE?

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

Still looking for someone who has the blue apron with the stock black rails and lockdown bar. Pictures?

I've got one on it's way, I'll take pics when it's in but it could be about a week or so.

#26 10 years ago

Thanks Disloid, look forward to seeing the pictures of your blue apron with the stock black rails/bar.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

Mine comes in the end of the week . . . I'll be putting it in this weekend. I'll get some pics as well.

#28 10 years ago

Thanks gjbwalker, look forward to it. If you can, please take a few pictures from a few feet back so you can see how the blue apron looks with the black rails and lockdown bar.

#29 10 years ago

Ok, got the apron installed. Here are a couple of pics.

ST 4.JPGST 4.JPG ST 5.JPGST 5.JPG
#30 10 years ago

I didn't put the stickers from the other apron on yet . . . I'm not really sure if I want to just peel them off yet for fear of ruining them, but I guess I'll have to sooner or later.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from gjbwalker:

I didn't put the stickers from the other apron on yet . . . I'm not really sure if I want to just peel them off yet for fear of ruining them, but I guess I'll have to sooner or later.

They come off easy. Just take an exacto knife lift a corner and carefully/slowly lift up the decal. I've done it before it was much easier then I thought it would be. If they need to be cut to fit I would cut them directly on the plastic apron and then peal off I did that for my XM and it worked out great. BTW I think it looks great hope you love it.

#32 10 years ago

A little off topic here, but I need a better way to print out my cards. After looking at all the others, mine need some work. Glossy Photo paper?

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from gjbwalker:

A little off topic here, but I need a better way to print out my cards. After looking at all the others, mine need some work. Glossy Photo paper?

You can also make sure you size them right then just go down to CVS and print them out for like 60 cents.

#34 10 years ago

Thanks Dude. I do love it . . . great mod. I think I'll go play it a little before I do anymore work.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

You can also make sure you size them right then just go down to CVS and print them out for like 60 cents.

I think that's worth it.

Anyone know why some people get the ST Emblem and others get something else? I think mine is the Federation Symbol.

#36 10 years ago

Thanks for the pictures, how about a few with it powered on, love to see what the federation symbol looks like lite up ?
According to Gio at Pinball Refinery, the aprons with the Star Trek insignia/emblem were printed out backwards in error so the corrected ones will be back in stock in a few weeks.

#37 10 years ago

Yes, Glossy Photo Paper works great and looks the best.

#38 10 years ago

looks good , but i'm wondering if it would fit in better with a blue lockdown bar, can you buy these also ? I did not see them on the site. Otherwise black does blend in better in my humble opinion. So I'm still not sure which one I will order as it depends on whether you can get the blue lockdown bar to fit in with the blue theme.
Enjoy your game .

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

looks good , but i'm wondering if it would fit in better with a blue lockdown bar, can you buy these also ? I did not see them on the site. Otherwise black does blend in better in my humble opinion. So I'm still not sure which one I will order as it depends on whether you can get the blue lockdown bar to fit in with the blue theme.
Enjoy your game .

You can buy the full blue armor sets on the site. If you're interested in the individual trim pieces, PM me.

#40 10 years ago

Have more Chrome in process now. Will also be chroming LE/Premium style soon.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

Thanks for the pictures, how about a few with it powered on, love to see what the federation symbol looks like lite up ?
According to Gio at Pinball Refinery, the aprons with the Star Trek insignia/emblem were printed out backwards in error so the corrected ones will be back in stock in a few weeks.

Mine finally arrived and I fitted it yesterday. All I can say is wow! It really brings the lower end of the table to life with bright flashing blue and red LEDs in keeping with the rest of the game. I'm loving it.

I would say that it doesn't matter too much what the flashing image looks like, you're not really looking at it when playing, you're just aware of loads more bright LED bling near the flippers. It enhances the Photon Torpedo firing, makes you feel like you're actually launching something from your end of the table, and it goes mental with the spinner The red and blue also flash together in certain scenarios.

I would also say that looking at the pictures above makes it seem very 'contrasty' whereas the blue apron actually blends in nicely. I guess most home pin locations will be fairly dark to cut out reflections, so unless you think the blue badge already on the locking bar stands out massively on your machine I don't think you'll have an issue.
In fact I think you might be disappointed by going for the black. Hope this helps?

#42 10 years ago

thanks . blue seems the way to go

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 173.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,850 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Tampa, FL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-pro-pinball-refinery-apron-blue-or-black and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.