New T-Molding.JPG
DSC_0395.jpg
IM000905.JPG
IM000904.JPG
IM000903.JPG
download.jpg
ST1.jpg
DSC01576.JPG
There are 207 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 10 years ago

Did the same decal idea on the DMD panel, just got rid of the boarder so it was not so squared off. DSC_0395.jpgDSC_0395.jpg

#152 10 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Did the same decal idea on the DMD panel, just got rid of the boarder so it was not so squared off.

DSC_0395.jpg 152 KB

How's the reflection on the pf glass? Where does it land above the fp?

#153 10 years ago

No reflection issues from the decals. I use bentplastic, but tried it with and without and there was no difference.

#154 10 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

No reflection issues from the decals. I use bentplastic, but tried it with and without and there was no difference.

That's good. Thanks.

#155 10 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Did the same decal idea on the DMD panel, just got rid of the boarder so it was not so squared off.

DSC_0395.jpg 152 KB

Looks great man well played.

#156 10 years ago

Here's mine with the new black leather-type T-molding. The speaker panel would need something additional, but the JoeRaptor's chromepanel does not fit together with the T-moldings I think and I do not know about adding the decal presented in this thread to the speaker panel either. I guess I am waiting for new mods to be put there

New T-Molding.JPGNew T-Molding.JPG

#157 10 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

The speaker panel would need something additional, but the JoeRaptor's chromepanel does not fit together with the T-moldings I think and I do not know about adding the decal presented in this thread to the speaker panel either. I guess I am waiting for new mods to be put there

I just got my Premium yesterday, and now that I see how the speaker panel works I'm thinking I might make a new decal for it to match my translite (Pro and Premium are the same in that regard). No promises, have to experiment some, but I think it would work well. That was the secret to my Shadow translite, redoing the speaker panel to match.

#158 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I just got my Premium yesterday, and now that I see how the speaker panel works I'm thinking I might make a new decal for it to match my translite (Pro and Premium are the same in that regard). No promises, have to experiment some, but I think it would work well. That was the secret to my Shadow translite, redoing the speaker panel to match.

That would be great! I am interested in the new translite for Pro as well, but I already have a starship on the topper, so perhaps its better for me to have the translite with the ST crew in it...

#159 10 years ago

I will attempt to make it so awesome that you cannot resist!

#160 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm thinking I might make a new decal for it to match my translite (Pro and Premium are the same in that regard).

REALLY!!! I gotta see what you come up with. Dibs on the first finished product.

#161 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

and if you could "somehow" make it and cover up those speakers and not have it affect the sound. One solid panel of your great artwork would look GREAT!!!

#162 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

and if you could "somehow" make it and cover up those speakers and not have it affect the sound. One solid panel of your great artwork would look GREAT!!!

Physics says that's probably not gonna happen. Some kind of PETG panel with a sticky back and interesting cut shapes for the speaker panels maybe, but you cover them and you're gonna affect the sound.

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

i'm curious also, i made the insignias stickers for the speakers, something that was in my mind until someone asked me to do something for it, i was also thinking about blue chrome for the panel to match something i'm gonna do to my machine, what can i say, i love chrome stuff...lololll

but i like your work, so i'd probably wait and see what you come up with.

#164 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Physics says that's probably not gonna happen. Some kind of PETG panel with a sticky back and interesting cut shapes for the speaker panels maybe, but you cover them and you're gonna affect the sound.

how about drilling a thousand little holes for the sound to come out then print the thing. I know the printing would look different over the holes so maybe you could do the artwork different over those but still have the solid artwork on the panel.

#165 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

how about drilling a thousand little holes for the sound to come out then print the thing. I know the printing would look different over the holes so maybe you could do the artwork different over those but still have the solid artwork on the panel.

If you look the other problem is the speakers already have their own cut out, so a decal would have to deal with the lip and depression created by that.

I dunno, I only just got the game, I haven't measured anything or mocked up ideas or really given it much thought beyond "hey, let's do that part too".

#166 10 years ago

You said some kind of PETG panel, that's why I said drill a thousand holes.

#167 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You said some kind of PETG panel, that's why I said drill a thousand holes.

Yeah, that might be possible. I think with the speaker light and badge mods that it's probably best to leave them free and clear though.

#168 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think with the speaker light and badge mods that it's probably best to leave them free and clear though.

Bingo. Unless you go through the hassle of making two different types.

#169 10 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I added the Enterprise and freakin' phasers.

Do you have a link to that Enterprise that fits inside like the LE version? The only site I find is the one that requires you to subscribe to monthly models coming to your door... ?

#170 10 years ago

Just curious if anyone else has an issue with the pinball topper speaker light mod going out? When I turn on the game the lights are on, but if the game sits for a while the lights go out. I try using the remote to turn them back on, but nothing . . . I have to turn the game off and on again to get them to work.

Could it be a setting on the remote?

#171 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Do you have a link to that Enterprise that fits inside like the LE version? The only site I find is the one that requires you to subscribe to monthly models coming to your door... ?

It is just the Hallmark ornament, which are nearly impossible to find under $100 anymore.

#172 10 years ago
Quoted from gjbwalker:

Just curious if anyone else has an issue with the pinball topper speaker light mod going out? When I turn on the game the lights are on, but if the game sits for a while the lights go out. I try using the remote to turn them back on, but nothing . . . I have to turn the game off and on again to get them to work.
Could it be a setting on the remote?

That is bad contact between the LED strips in the speaker lights and the wire that connects them to the controller. I've had it happen on a couple of mine.

#173 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

It is just the Hallmark ornament, which are nearly impossible to find under $100 anymore.

We have the full modded Enterprise but I'll sell just the ornament also if you want one.

#174 10 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

We have the full modded Enterprise but I'll sell just the ornament also if you want one.

Ya I guess I should have stated it is a modded Hallmark Enterprise

#175 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Ya I guess I should have stated it is a modded Hallmark Enterprise

No worries. If someone wants to mod an ornament themselves, I'll sell them un-modded too. Just PM me.

#176 10 years ago

Cointaker lighted flipper buttons:

P2281213.JPGP2281213.JPG

#177 10 years ago

just installed the MPU controlled under-cab LED's on mine. BRIGHT! A cool effect, but talk about seizures............

#178 10 years ago

Added both badges to speakers and a signed Premium translite to my pro.

IM000923.JPGIM000923.JPG

#179 10 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

That is bad contact between the LED strips in the speaker lights and the wire that connects them to the controller. I've had it happen on a couple of mine.

Thanks. Anything I can do to fix it?

#180 10 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

IM000923.JPG 147 KB

How did ya get it signed?

#181 10 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Nice, that confirms my suspicion that if done right a translite can work equally well on either machine, looks fine on a Pro.

#182 10 years ago

I won it. I have another premium if you are interested since you are local.

#183 10 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

I won it. I have another premium if you are interested since you are local.

Tempting, but I want the whole game.

#184 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Tempting, but I want the whole game.

Good call.

#185 10 years ago

Just call it the Promium.

#187 10 years ago

You just made up a new model pin...only $750 more expensive then a Pro and $750 less expensive then a premium.

#188 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

How bout you sell me yours.

Haha, noooooope, this one is staying for a while.

#189 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Haha, noooooope, this one is staying for a while.

OK, I'll look for it to be for sale in a week or so.

#190 10 years ago

Aurich, how soon till we see your plans for trek art?

#191 10 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Aurich, how soon till we see your plans for trek art?

Hard to say, it's one of those will be ready when it's ready things. I don't normally announce stuff ahead of time, I just show it when it's good to go, but I got kinda excited about buying a Star Trek I guess.

I definitely need some time to work on it, and possibly do test prints before I'm ready to announce it, but I do want to get it done. How that Helen has shipped I'm gonna shift gears back to it, start working on the preliminary work.

#192 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hard to say, it's one of those will be ready when it's ready things. I don't normally announce stuff ahead of time, I just show it when it's good to go, but I got kinda excited about buying a Star Trek I guess.
I definitely need some time to work on it, and possibly do test prints before I'm ready to announce it, but I do want to get it done. How that Helen has shipped I'm gonna shift gears back to it, start working on the preliminary work.

I hope it's got a space battle scene on it.

#193 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Look forward to seeing what you come up with. I personally hope it includes something to do with the picture below.
funny-spock-star-trek-yourself-before-wreck-movie-pics.jpgfunny-spock-star-trek-yourself-before-wreck-movie-pics.jpg

#194 10 years ago

lol. The plan is to do something more like the LE, hero shot of the new Enterprise with a colorful space scene that's not boring to light up (so not all black). Beyond that I just have to see how things go.

#195 10 years ago

I realize you have the Premium and it's already covered with space battle art, but that's the aspect I kind of miss on the Pro. I'm actually not that into the LE art. Something blowing up or something more relevant to the movie storyline would be preferable IMO than some generic hero shot of the ship. I wouldn't use the specific images below, but just indicating that I'd rather see something action oriented. The game is full of action. It's one of the baddest ass fast games ever and it's basically a space battle theme. Make it dynamic.

17.jpg17.jpg.

star-trek-warp-speed-mr-scott-jason-politte.jpgstar-trek-warp-speed-mr-scott-jason-politte.jpg

enterprise.gifenterprise.gif

#196 10 years ago

Hey guys..if anyone is interested.. I have changed my speaker Grill design for the Pro and Premium..
Here is a link to the thread..

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-st-proprem-speaker-grill-decal

thanks
-JR

#197 10 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I realize you have the Premium and it's already covered with space battle art, but that's the aspect I kind of miss on the Pro. I'm actually not that into the LE art. Something blowing up or something more relevant to the movie storyline would be preferable IMO than some generic hero shot of the ship. I wouldn't use the image below, but just indicating that I'd rather see something action oriented. The game is full of action. It's one of the baddest ass fast games ever and it's basically a space battle theme. Make it dynamic.

Point taken, I'll keep that in mind.

#198 10 years ago

thanks Aurich. I know you try to take feedback into account. I'm sure whatever you come up with will be very well done and cool. Thanks for listening.

#199 10 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Hey guys..if anyone is interested.. I have changed my speaker Grill design for the Pro and Premium..
Here is a link to the thread..
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-st-proprem-speaker-grill-decal
thanks
-JR

I actually like the look of the new design better Joe nice work.

#200 10 years ago

Got my alternate translite in the mail today. Aurich was right, if you look up close it is a bit pixely, not super hi res but the stock one from Stern is fuzzy if you look at it up close too. I would say they are comparable in picture quality. Aurich made his announcement about making an alternate translite for ST one day after I ordered this. By then it was too late or I would have waited for Aurich's. But I'm sure glad to be rid of those dorky faces staring back at me!

IMG_0688.JPGIMG_0688.JPG

IMG_0694.JPGIMG_0694.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 173.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, MN
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

5,850 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Tampa, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 207 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-pro-modsenhancements/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.