27 (resized).JPG
12 (resized).JPG
11 (resized).JPG
10 (resized).JPG
9 (resized).JPG
8 (resized).JPG
3 (resized).JPG
2 (resized).JPG
There are 1,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 27.
#1 8 years ago

The EM thread is one of my favorites to check out. I thought it would be nice to have an early SS (no DMD) version also.

Here's one but sadly no pics

limaohio.craigslist.org link

Edit: Decided to change the thread from CL to anything anybody wants to share. Good hunting.

#2 8 years ago

I wish more would come up on CL by me!

Actually if you keep your eyes open there are usually some.

#3 8 years ago

Hey Aurich, I knew you'd show up. I really like the art style on Volcano. Wonder how it plays though?

Edit: I was just checking the details on pinside. "Cave-man themed, the artwork is of stupid Neanderthal men and of course, that same style of busty bikini babes." lol

#4 8 years ago

evansville.craigslist.org link

This is one I've been watching but the ad is kinda old. After checking the rules it looks like a rip the spinner kind of game.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

This is one I've been watching but the ad is kinda old. After checking the rules it looks like a rip the spinner kind of game.

Man, so many random Gottliebs I've never seen.

#7 8 years ago

tippecanoe.craigslist.org link

I guess technically this would be an early SS.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

tippecanoe.craigslist.org link
I guess technically this would be an early SS.

It's a home pin, though.

#9 8 years ago

Volcano was my first game. It has some interesting features and a good beginner game, but I eventually sold it when I discovered DMD games.

It's fine if you've got room and have 20 other games.

#10 8 years ago

Man, wish I'd seen the Fathom for 1250 that came up in Baton Rouge, I'd have driven there tonight for it!

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

It's fine if you've got room and have 20 other games.

There's a whole category of games for just that. Kinda cool, fun, but only in small doses. I max out at 10, so games have to earn their spot a little more for me. I play the hell out of Flash Gordon still for instance, love that game.

One thing though about the EM CL thread that's been great is you learn about games you didn't know, you start to get a good sense for prices and what people think is fair. Be nice if we could keep this going.

All the SS listing here locally are on the old side, but I'll try and remember to post up new ones I see.

#12 8 years ago

ventura.craigslist.org link

I am selling both machines "Jackpot" is a rare machine cant find it anywhere.
"Flash" was the first machine that "Steve Jobs" made when he worked for "ATARI"
They are $750 each or I'll do both for $1200

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

ventura.craigslist.org link

Ha ha! Think you meant to put this in the funny craigslist ads thread though

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Ha ha! Think you meant to put this in the funny craigslist ads thread though

The info might be wrong but the price is pretty good, right?

#15 8 years ago

indianapolis.craigslist.org link

Love the backglass but is that an indian themed game or some kind of mythological theme

#16 8 years ago

Don't see Dolly Parton come up too often, shame that it looks pretty beat though

sfbay.craigslist.org link

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

The info might be wrong but the price is pretty good, right?

completely depends, I have seen some beat down Flash machines that I wouldn't pay 200$ for.

#18 8 years ago

This is a nice looking flash.

springfieldil.craigslist.org link

#19 8 years ago

It's really a pity the Williams games of that era had such inferior art compared to Bally. I really can't stand looking at Flash.

#20 8 years ago

I wanna go after this just for the backglass alone....I need one. It's only 45 miles from me.

grandisland.craigslist.org link

EDIT: sorry, not SS

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's really a pity the Williams games of that era had such inferior art compared to Bally. I really can't stand looking at Flash.

Said it before and I will say it again. flash looks like a drawing from a high school stoners binder cover that he worked on instead of studying. Second least favorite art package behind BSD.

#22 8 years ago

We'll forgive you...this time.

I emailed this fella. Hopefully he messages back.

bloomington.craigslist.org link

#23 8 years ago

That's gotta be a scam...$500 when he knows it's worth (in his mind) $3K?

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Love the backglass but is that an indian themed game or some kind of mythological theme

Solar Ride is an outer space theme. That's a future woman riding a high tech space horse. Too bad they didn't give cool celestial names to any targets or gates.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Feel like ive seen those pics before, anyone do a reverse image search?

#26 8 years ago

Strange Science for $500, needs a little work. Guy is moving, probably motivated, could use the condition to talk it down I'm sure:

inlandempire.craigslist.org link

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Well, I live an hour from Bloomington so I could be there pretty quickly. What's the worst that could happen? I get mugged?

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

1000s of thrashed Flashes out there Aurich ... Could be the one for you to unleash a new improved Playfield and art package for .... It's a cool game to play. Add in a new CPU and add multiball etc and you'd have a winner.

rd

#29 8 years ago

Hmmm, time for an Aurich Flash?
It's got good game play and that big light up blue insert in the middle of the playfield is cool.

That Strange Science is a nice deal for someone.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

1000s of thrashed Flashes out there Aurich ... Could be the one for you to unleash a new improved Playfield and art package for .... It's a cool game to play. Add in a new CPU and add multiball etc and you'd have a winner.
rd

Someone definitely needs to make a conversion kit for it, who's going to miss a thrashed Flash? I'd have to spend more time playing one, never really given it more than a brief flip.

#31 8 years ago

It's a poor man's Skateball. I wish I had artist skills.

#33 8 years ago

I know Skateball copied Flash, but it's better

#34 8 years ago

So I emailed the guy about the Diner. He emailed me twice. The first time to say they were offered $1200 and the second time to say they were offered $1250 and they would have to have at least that. I don't have a lot of experience with Craigslist but is this the way people sell on there. Low ball on the ad, get a lot of responses, then sell to the highest bidder. So sad.

Edit: plus he has a new ad for $1500 and now it says the scoring section doesn't light up which I seen in the pic.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Strange Science for $500, needs a little work. Guy is moving, probably motivated, could use the condition to talk it down I'm sure:
inlandempire.craigslist.org link

Omg why must I remain unemployed

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

The EM thread is one of my favorites to check out. I thought it would be nice to have an early SS (no DMD) version also.

I don't think you will have to worry about any trademark infringments.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

So I emailed the guy about the Diner. He emailed me twice. The first time to say they were offered $1200 and the second time to say they were offered $1250 and they would have to have at least that. I don't have a lot of experience with Craigslist but is this the way people sell on there. Low ball on the ad, get a lot of responses, then sell to the highest bidder. So sad.
Edit: plus he has a new ad for $1500 and now it says the scoring section doesn't light up which I seen in the pic.

Once the seller turns it into an auction like that I'm out

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Ugh, I hate that. Happened to me too. Eight Ball Deluxe, non working, $600. Sweet! Sure I can get it working. Pics suck, hard to tell condition, but looks okay, and at that price it's worth the risk right? We're talking. Then he gets higher offer, forget, like $800. I say no worries, I'll match it, your price is still reasonable. Then he stops talking to me and the game gets relisted at $1500 or something. I didn't bother calling back.

#39 8 years ago

I understand the Flash haters, but I bet I plunked in $400-500 into them before I bought mine, Still love the play for the age

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I emailed the guy, too, when it was listed at $500. He's emailed me back twice, as well... and I even said I was no longer interested in response to his first email. "Oh, it's 50 dollars more than the last price I said I wasn't interested in? I'll take it!"

My guess is it's a guy who doesn't know the value of it. He must have gotten a lot of responses at $500 and figured it was worth way more. The thing about Craigslist is that they don't actually have to agree on anything and stick to it. To be fair, it was priced way too low. I think if you were in it to get the most amount of money but truly didn't know the value, you might do what this guy's doing, even though it's super annoying.

Craigslist is a no rules type of place. You hear about people getting screwed over all the time by making offer, having it accepted, drive hours to get it only to find it sold... The only reason anyone puts up with this crap is that once in a while it works out.

I've met a few local collectors through CL and have ended up doing multiple transactions with them off of CL since then.

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from Chuck_Sherman:

I understand the Flash haters, but I bet I plunked in $400-500 into them before I bought mine, Still love the play for the age

Yep, Flash is a nice player!

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

AND Lane-Change. I recently played a Flash and it was too frustrating NOT to have the Lane Change feature. In fact, I had to turn it off and walk away before finishing the game (pitch was too shallow too). Of course, it would be far too easy to top out the multiplier of 3X with it.

Unfortunately, the current playfield layout would only support 2 ball Multiball. However, I could see removing the Star Rollover on the upper left inner feed lane to the top for a third lock/eject hole similar to EBD.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't think you will have to worry about any trademark infringments.

I realize now I should have asked for your blessing. Please allfather, bless this thread.

Quoted from dothedoo:

Once the seller turns it into an auction like that I'm out

I remember my dad doing a couple of transactions where he told a guy a price only to be offered a higher price by someone else. Dad would honor the price he stated to the guy he told it to because integrity, I guess. It's probably asking too much to think other people would act the same way.

Quoted from winteriscoming:

I've met a few local collectors through CL and have ended up doing multiple transactions with them off of CL since then.

Yeah, I'm holding onto a phone number of a guy who was trying to get rid of some games in June. Me and him couldn't get together at the time but I'm hoping to get my next game from him.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

If that was in/near St. Louis I would buy it immediately.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from 320Gigabytes:

If that was in/near St. Louis I would buy it immediately.

Boo. Hiss. Stay Away.

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I remember my dad doing a couple of transactions where he told a guy a price only to be offered a higher price by someone else. Dad would honor the price he stated to the guy he told it to because integrity, I guess. It's probably asking too much to think other people would act the same way.

I dunno, that's just how it should be done. I had a game for sale, no cash changed hands, but I told someone it was theirs for a price. Someone offered me hundreds more. Told them sorry, already promised it to someone, but I'd let them know if the buyer backed out.

Not worth feeling like a jerk just for a few hundred bucks!

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Not worth feeling like a jerk just for a few hundred bucks!

I think for most people, unfrotunately, feeling like a jerk = feeling like a hero.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from jay:

I think for most people, unfrotunately, feeling like a jerk = feeling like a hero.

Yeah, probably. People are f***ing self-centered a lot of the times. I wouldn't want to look in the mirror and see a guy who screwed someone who had his word.

Pinball's cutthroat man. I once pulled up to a spot the same time as someone (flipper, natch), and he jumped out and put cash in the guy's hand before even going in the house and seeing the pin.

Craigslist is the wild west man. You gotta assume everyone is just going for self. If you really want that game don't screw around, jump on it.

This isn't a CL deal, but a local pinhead kindly offered me first dibs on a Fireball II, and I'm really excited to check it out. I've never played one, but I want to, it looks like a bad ass game.

#49 8 years ago

I love my Fireball II. It's nothing like I thought it would be and that's a good thing. A lot worse games out there for sure. Good luck!

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This isn't a CL deal, but a local pinhead kindly offered me first dibs on a Fireball II, and I'm really excited to check it out. I've never played one, but I want to, it looks like a bad ass game.

Sweet! Hope you can snag it, it's definitely an above average SS Bally.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Valley, NEBRASKA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

$ 7.50
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-early-ss-classics-just-came-up-on-cl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.