(Topic ID: 37819)

Remember to Donate to Pinside

By TigerLaw

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Third Doctor.gif
    Girls_6b8d44_1587925.gif
    cousin-It-bump.jpg
    lingerie-football-bump.jpg
    j8jhv8.gif
    BUMP2.jpg
    tittie-bump-boobs-drunk-demotivational.jpg
    chest-bump-chest-boobs-athletes-demoti.jpg
    16k9p2x.jpg
    thread_bump_2.jpg
    GIF-2-MEGAPAKA--14.gif
    DANCE.gif
    180px-Bump.gif
    38201533_307976_raw.jpg
    gif-tits-eyes-smile-646174.gif
    ZaAKZ.gif
    There are 242 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 11 years ago

It is 2013, for those of you that only donate once per year to this great site please don't forget to give a little to this website that does so much for our hobby.

I just made my annual donation and thought I'd send out a reminder since they took the donation stickey away. Help Robin keep improving the website for all of us.

#2 11 years ago

i just did the same.

Agreed, this is a great website. An excellent resource for those new to the hobby/addiction like me and those of you who are much longer in the tooth.

#3 11 years ago

I set mine up for monthly re occurring figured that was easier.. then during busy months I drop extra in the coin box.

#4 11 years ago

I think vendors that are constantly advertising their "services" on Pinside (almost hourly...) should make particularly generous donations this year ....

rd

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

I set mine up for monthly re occurring figured that was easier.. then during busy months I drop extra in the coin box.

That is great JJ; very cool of you. I agree that all the distributors and venders who post here should follow your lead and do the same.

Actually, I think as a requirement to list a machine in the market place you should be a donor. That in no way converts this site to a pay site but it does mean people have to at least give $1 if they are going to be listing machines for sale.

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from rolandthoms:

i just did the same.
    Agreed, this is a great website. An excellent resource for those new to the hobby/addiction like me and those of you who are much longer in the tooth.

This site helped me sell one machine and buy three machines. Also, put me in contact with other pinball enthusiasts near me where before I had no idea they existed. Been great for me.

#7 11 years ago

I spend more time on this site than anywhere else on the net, so figured I might as well donate.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

constantly advertising their "services" on Pinside (almost hourly...)

Gee,I wonder who that could be ?

#9 11 years ago

I sell pinball protective covers here for Pinsiders...

I donated, that's the minimum for this site!

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I spend more time on this site than anywhere else on the net, so figured I might as well donate.

Exact same here. I'm on this site more than facebook or any other webpage...i'm curious what I would do without this site to get news and pinball related gossip and opinions from. I know my interest in the hobby would decrease without this site.

This place is worthy of sponsorship...which the owner does not even solicit for anymore, which in and of itself is pretty unique on the web these days.

#11 11 years ago

If I donated a dime for every hour I was on Pinside, it would be a tidy sum!

#12 11 years ago

Happy to be the low man on the totem pole with Karma points (on this thread)...expect all those above me to support the site

#13 11 years ago

The site and it's members have provided very invaluable info which has afforded me the abilty to do most of my own repair. I can also state that in general Pinside has just been a great place to talk with other pinheads from around the world about anything I want.

#14 11 years ago

I heard complaining last year about donors not receiving their "hearts." Well, I donated, and did'nt get mine, but I don't need the recognition. I just don't want fellow pinsiders looking at my profile and thinking,"well! He never donated!

#15 11 years ago

Now we have the price police and the donation police. lol, Just poking fun Tigerlaw25 . Love ya man. Had to go there! Guess its that time of the year to pony up.

#16 11 years ago

Donated a few bucks seeing as I visit this site daily and have learned much from the members here.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from smokey_789:

I heard complaining last year about donors not receiving their "hearts." Well, I donated, and did'nt get mine, but I don't need the recognition. I just don't want fellow pinsiders looking at my profile and thinking,"well! He never donated!

I also donated in late December and did not get a heart. Wasasup wit dat?

#18 11 years ago

Thanks for the reminder, just switched to a recurring weekly donation, hell, this site is worth it. Spend more time here than playing pinball. Thanks Robin!

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from smokey_789:

Well, I donated, and did'nt get mine,

Quoted from MrBally:

I also donated in late December and did not get a heart

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from GAP:

Now we have the price police and the donation police. lol, Just poking fun Tigerlaw25 . Love ya man. Had to go there! Guess its that time of the year to pony up.

You get a pass GAP; you did a $500 donation last year (and gave away t-shirts to other donors as I recall) . . . my guess is that is the all time record.

#21 11 years ago

I already told robin he needs to charge vendors a monthly charge. In fact I had this conversation with him just yesterday.

But since he won't do It I just do a large monthly and urge the rest of you to do the same!

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

...and urge the rest of you to do the same!

Lets make it rain for Robin and Pinside!

#23 11 years ago

My favorite part of this site??? Ok, ok...there is more than one thing. However, what I especially like is the fact that there are no POP-UNDERS! no POP-OVERS! Jeesh do I dislike those marketing gimmicks!

Great site to support. Especially when you look around the net at other sites!

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballdad:

My favorite part of this site??? Ok, ok...there is more than one thing. However, what I especially like is the fact that there are no POP-UNDERS! no POP-OVERS! Jeesh do I dislike those marketing gimmicks!
    Great site to support. Especially when you look around the net at other sites!

Awesome point. Robin has kept this site free of pop ups that have killed many sites I have liked in the past. The only targeted marketing you see here is for pinball machines you like and have an interest in . . . that is awesome!

#25 11 years ago

You weren't really accusing me of lying, were you? Here's a snip (personal stuff changed) of my Paypal receipt from Dec 27, 2012

Paypal_snip1.JPGPaypal_snip1.JPG paypal_snip2.JPGpaypal_snip2.JPG

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

You weren't really accusing me of lying

Haha, I was just mess in around, not busting your balls!

edit-hopefull Robin can right that for you!

#27 11 years ago

Hey thanks everyone, I really appreciate the kind words and donations!

MrBally and Smokey: I have found and manually entered your donation hearts, sorry it took so long, they must have not registered.

#28 11 years ago

great site! will donate again on my anniversary for sure! thanks robin!

#29 11 years ago

I donated on Jan. 13th, how long should it take to show a heart?

#30 11 years ago

turbo20lbs, please PM me the e-mail address used when donating, it is probably different than your Pinside e-mail. Thanks!

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

MrBally and Smokey: I have found and manually entered your donation hearts, sorry it took so long, they must have not registered.

Thanks!

#32 11 years ago

Show your heart people!................Oh shoot mine went grey, time to donate!

#34 11 years ago

Good thread to bump. We have two days left to get Robin his largest amount of January donations to start a year that he has ever had. A good mark for everyone to push for. Renew your donations now for 2013.

#35 11 years ago

Keep it going morning bump

#36 11 years ago

Gave my first donation yesterday by coincidence but it was way overdue. I promise not to procrastinate from here on. This site has helped and entertained me tremendously.

#37 11 years ago

Long time follower and I have to say this is one great site.
    The knowledge base and all the pinsiders are amazing.
    Well worth the donation!

#38 11 years ago

I am in. This is a great site.

#39 11 years ago

Man, I am pumped to see all the donations and renewals happening this month (and today)!!! Great stuff!

Robin, what is your record for donations received in one month? We may smash through it!

#40 11 years ago

finally got a paypal account a couple months ago, and got some money to pinside. I was able to help robin get that NIB transformers though last year .

I've learned a lot from the pinsiders here, good people and great advice. hope it's around for a long time.

#41 11 years ago

I've sold goods and had the buyers donate the money to Pinside. Don't really need a heart next to my name just saying there are other ways to donate without shelling out cash.

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

just saying there are other ways to donate

Hey, whatever works, it's all good!

#43 11 years ago

I'm in... I spend wayyyyy too much time on this site not to thank Robin somehow.

#44 11 years ago

so as I get my taxes done, i will become red again!

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

I've sold goods and had the buyers donate the money to Pinside. Don't really need a heart next to my name just saying there are other ways to donate without shelling out cash.

This is true. There are lots of ways to be supportive of this site that might not be financial.

For example, some of the people who are literally walking enciclopedias on pinball repair knowledge more carry their weight on this site and have saved thousands of combined hours of frustration (and who knows how much money) for those of us they have helped over the years. These people contribute far more in value to this site than my $50 does.

Still, every little bit helps and even just donating $2 to Robin shows him he has another staunch supporter and that another person likes what he is doing with this site with all the constant upgrades and improvements and what not. Donating money, even small amounts, is helpful for many reasons beyond the actual receipt of the money.

#46 11 years ago

One last and final bump to this thread since we are at the very end of January! Let's get Robin some cash!

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Robin has kept this site free of pop ups

That takes $$$

Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Show your heart people!

Quoted from jnauman:

Well worth the donation!

Quoted from chadsugg:

I spend wayyyyy too much time on this site not to thank Robin somehow.

Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

I've learned a lot from the pinsiders here, good people and great advice. hope it's around for a long time.

Quoted from frolic:

I spend more time on this site than anywhere else on the net

Pinside is the best pinball resource anywhere, let's keep it funded!

Quoted from robin:

#48 11 years ago

I've been listening to NPR asking for donations all week. Robin manages to pull this off without staging "pledge drives"! Thanks go out to all the generous Pinsiders.

#49 11 years ago

Hey thanks, Robin.

#50 11 years ago

Thanks guys, you're all awesome! Special thanks to TigerLaw for starting this new donation topic, I'm happy to report that this months donations alone will get us a long way towards some new (and much needed) hosting upgrades for the Pinside!

There are 242 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/remember-to-donate-to-pinside and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.