Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1169 (resized).JPG
IMG_1158 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

Everything (as best I can tell) works fine on the machine except that when I turn it on, it always registers 88 credits. It decrements when games are played and increments when quarters are inserted. I have checked the battery back-up and it is 4.8v. The voltage is on the pins of the chip on the CPU so I know it is working. This problem started after replacing the power supply board. Any suggestions?

IMG_1158 (resized).JPGIMG_1158 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

Does it decrement from 88 all the way down to zero or from another number to zero? If not from 88, then check the wiring and signal to the credit display unit - You are probably missing a signal. With power off, remove the display, and clean the edge connector with an eraser, install and see if that fixed it. Report back and let us know.

#3 6 years ago

Do you have an original board or an aftermarket board?

There could be garbage data in the RAM chip, and it may need to be zeroed out.

#4 6 years ago

Original CPU board

IMG_1169 (resized).JPGIMG_1169 (resized).JPG

#5 6 years ago

It goes down from 88 to 0. After cycling the power it is back to 88 credits.

#6 6 years ago

Am I missing something here? On the MPU, are those wires soldered to the board? I don't see any edge connectors.

Also, so you start four player, run the games through all the balls, and do this 22 times to get to zero on the number of credits? Then, after powering off, and turning it back on, you show 88 credits available. Correct? I need to check, but I thought there was a dip switch setting to limit the number of credits. (I'll check when I get a chance.)

Forceflow may be right, but I don't know how to zero out the ram. Restore factory settings?

#7 6 years ago

Yes, the wires are soldered on. They were that way when I bought the game. I have checked for cold solder joints and any splash over. All are good. Yes, I went through 22 games to get it to zero. The dip switch is set to maximum games which I think is 15. Also, a battery pack is soldered in (correctly) to replace the on board battery.

1 week later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,199 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jefferson, WI
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/problem-with-solar-ride-when-turning-on and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.