(Topic ID: 27942)

Pinballtoppers.com - Speaker Light Kits business change..

By Supadave

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 621 posts
  • 158 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Supadave
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo.JPG
    Sample.jpg
    961029_10202779876729649_1835950397_n.jpg
    AdvertST800Sample.jpg
    startrek.jpg
    sample-390.jpg
    sample.jpg
    Screen_shot_2013-08-02_at_10.26.29_PM..png
    IMG_1528.JPG
    METLE-Speaker.jpg
    topper-lights-METLE.jpg
    image.jpg
    cp.jpg
    star_wars.jpg
    20130724_193024_resized.jpg
    20130724_193003_resized.jpg
    There are 621 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 13.
    #101 11 years ago
    Quoted from Supadave:

Iron Man arc. It's kind weird when you look at this. the shape tends to woble and not look round but I assure you it is. Optical illusion screws with you. Or maybe it's just me.

Will these be done in red? Looks nice.

#102 11 years ago
    Quoted from EmptyLogic:

plus you can only have one.. would be weird to have two eyes of sauron
    why don't you do a circle with elvish writing.. and the gondor coat of arms

The eye sounded like a good idea but it proved to be difficult to translate into a 1 dimensional plexi. Well, for me it was anyways. The designs need to be somewhat simplistic cause anything with detailed etching just gets lost in the lights. These just don't show detail like etched larger toppers do. Think of it like carving a pumpkin. holes and solid shapes work best. I like both your ideas a lot and they would translate pretty good. I was working on a ring design with the writing but it too just doesn't quite look right. Silhouettes of Gandolf and others would be the easiest but I would like something more for LOTR. We'll get something nice for it along with alternates. The eye was a sample. Nothing's final and input is always welcome.

#103 11 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Will these be done in red? Looks nice.

Nothing's final but blue/red/mirror are all being considered for the arc.

#104 11 years ago
    Quoted from EmptyLogic:

why don't you do a circle with elvish writing.. and the gondor coat of arms

Either that, or some kind of sword.

#105 11 years ago
    Quoted from Supadave:

Nothing's final but blue/red/mirror are all being considered for the arc.

Can you make the X-Men design in mirror if requested or do all of em need to be the same color?

#106 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Can you make the X-Men design in mirror if requested or do all of em need to be the same color?

You can always request it. If we are in a position to accommodate we will do so. We discussed Xmen in mirror and it may be an option as well when we launch.

#107 11 years ago

Update: Things are going good. We are hoping to have everything needed by the end of the week and can start taking orders soon. Those of you that have contacted me and asked to be placed on the list will be notified first. If you still wish to be added just PM me with your name, email address and what you are interested in. The lineup can be seen here: http://www.pinballtoppers.com/STERN.html

Added more the list including Simpsons and POTC.

Simpsons_Duff_Left.jpgSimpsons_Duff_Left.jpg
    Pirates_POTC.jpgPirates_POTC.jpg

#108 11 years ago

Love these! They would really compliment our pinball pro kits, great work

#109 11 years ago

So, does that design go behind the gold speaker grill on POTC? Is the grill replaced with black? Can't wait for pics!

#110 11 years ago

How about a homer/bart head option for TSPP or something matching the translite more?

#111 11 years ago

I'm loving the Duff stencil as the choice for TSPP.

#112 11 years ago

Are these ready to be ordered?

#113 11 years ago

So, does that design go behind the gold speaker grill on POTC? Is the grill replaced with black? Can't wait for pics!

The acrylic pieces can be placed in front of or behind the grill. That POTC particular design would work best behind the grill to create a skull/crossbone inverted silhouette. I am making a clear etched bones set that can be placed on the front as an opposite option to this. We will have actual pictures of these when things are final so you can get a better idea of the finished product before buying. Here is a family guy sample for instance.

FG.jpgFG.jpg

#114 11 years ago

Ok.. Now I have to get a set for POTC That will look dope

#115 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

I'm loving the Duff stencil as the choice for TSPP.

+1. Sign me up.

#116 11 years ago
    Quoted from Supadave:

A LOTR sample. Eye of Sauron on orange transluscent acrylic. (sample is photoshop of course but design is true)

not sure about this eye of sauron... it think the ring is a better idea.

#117 11 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

not sure about this eye of sauron... it think the ring is a better idea.

Yeah, it didn't turn out as I hoped but once I got it done I figured I'd release it and see what the response would be. It will not be in the lineup. A ring is in the works along with one other design.

#118 11 years ago

how about something like this, if you cut the tree out of the square and let the light go through the tree and the stars.
    will work well with the elvish wrinting too.
    just an idea.

The_Lord_of_the_Rings-logo-8B598D37F9-.gifThe_Lord_of_the_Rings-logo-8B598D37F9-.gif

#119 11 years ago

The LOTR Ring in gold mirror has been finished and looks fantastic. While were at it, so are the Sopranos silver mirror guns which also look great.

Been getting emails on when these light kits will be finished. I sent out demo sets today for review. We are about 1-2 weeks away as long as supplies arrive on time.

LOTR_Ring.jpgLOTR_Ring.jpg Sopranos.jpgSopranos.jpg

#120 11 years ago

Just a heads up, I am not sure that gold rings will work on the LOTR LE since the speaker grilles are also gold.

#121 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

I am not sure that gold rings will work on the LOTR LE since the speaker grilles are also gold.

They should look fine, the light when shining from behind tends to make the grills look black and gives separation to acrylic pieces. If they were not backlit, then yeah, they may blend a bit. LE is the only one that has gold grills if I'm not mistaken.

#122 11 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

how about something like this, if you cut the tree out of the square and let the light go through the tree and the stars.
    just an idea.

I like this idea for LOTR. With Green LED's that would look fantastic. maybe do the horse flag on the other side. So you have both gondor and rohan.

#123 11 years ago

LOTR Ring Looks AWESOME!

I Like!

#124 11 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

just an idea.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I like this idea for LOTR. With Green LED's that would look fantastic. maybe do the horse flag on the other side. So you have both gondor and rohan.

The problem with doing this is the amount of speaker you would block. You don't want your sound to become too blocked. I agree that it would look good but may cause performance issues. The pirate scull and crossbones still allows for alot of sound area to pass through but even with that design we were concerned. I can work with you on a custom 1 off if you want to give it a try though.

#125 11 years ago
    Quoted from Supadave:

The LOTR Ring in gold mirror has been finished and looks fantastic.

Excellent job on the ring.

#126 11 years ago

How much for Sopranos? I just sent funds for that undercab lighting and would like one of these as well.

#127 11 years ago

Ok, decided to answer the gold ring on the gold grill issue with some photos. It looks great. Gold mirror on the gold grill is quite stunning to be honest. You got nothing to worry about there. This LOTR also has the Flipper Fidelity speaker kit installed for those wondering. We never experienced any issues what so ever on this install. I know there are several versions of speaker upgrade kits out there and unfortunatly we don't have time to test them all. We are finalizing our tests and kits are just around the corner.

David
    www.pinballtoppers.com

1.jpg1.jpg 3.jpg3.jpg 2.jpg2.jpg 7.jpg7.jpg

#128 11 years ago

That looks quite nice.

#129 11 years ago

very nice, i like it a lot.
    i'd be curious to see what it will looks like with red light, so it can match my topper, does the red light will look as good? or too dark?

when can we get the kit?

#130 11 years ago

Reds and similar colors look good, green actually looks decent too. Blue is not so good. It just doesn't match the machine at all.

#131 11 years ago

edited:

oops sorry didn't saw this in your post:

''We are about 1-2 weeks away as long as supplies arrive on time.''

cool and when will it be available?

also, do you do custom work? other things we ask you, if we have an idea involving the same material you used. you can cut anything? something very small and make the light go trough.
    i have an idea...

#132 11 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

edited:
    oops sorry didn't saw this in your post:
    ''We are about 1-2 weeks away as long as supplies arrive on time.''
    cool and when will it be available?
    also, do you do custom work? other things we ask you, if we have an idea involving the same material you used. you can cut anything? something very small and make the light go trough.
    i have an idea...

By all means, shoot your idea my way. Running something custom will cost a bit more but i'm always open to hearing ideas.

The pic below is Red, I didn't take any green or blue. All colors work fine, it's just a matter of what matches.

6.jpg6.jpg

#133 11 years ago

Nice, put me down for a LOTR, TSPP & FGY!

Sweet mod

#134 11 years ago

I'm in for a lotr!

#135 11 years ago

Yes, the LOTR rings are definitely the ones to go with over the eye version. Nicely done...!

#136 11 years ago

wow definitly nice in red, i'm 200% in.
    can't wait to get that. let us know, thanks!

#137 11 years ago

Wow it looks stunning installed!

I'm in on day one!

#138 11 years ago
    Quoted from Supadave:

Ok, decided to answer the gold ring on the gold grill issue with some photos. It looks great. Gold mirror on the gold grill is quite stunning to be honest. You got nothing to worry about there. This LOTR also has the Flipper Fidelity speaker kit installed for those wondering. We never experienced any issues what so ever on this install. I know there are several versions of speaker upgrade kits out there and unfortunatly we don't have time to test them all. We are finalizing our tests and kits are just around the corner.
    David
    http://www.pinballtoppers.com

That looks great!

#139 11 years ago

So when will these be ready for sale?

#140 11 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

So when will these be ready for sale?

Very soon. Base kits are good to go and in stock. Just wanting to make sure we have the acrylic details and vendors all ironed out. It's looking like things will be ready to go by next weekend.

David

#141 11 years ago

The LOTR in Red looks great. I'm in for that. Also will take a set of acrylics for Tron and Family Guy.

#142 11 years ago
    Quoted from Supadave:

Very soon. Base kits are good to go and in stock. Just wanting to make sure we have the acrylic details and vendors all ironed out. It's looking like things will be ready to go by next weekend.
    David

Cool. Thanks.

#143 11 years ago

Man, if POTC looks half as cool as that LOTR ring, I am gonna be a happy camper! That looks sweet!

#144 11 years ago

yeah buddy. that looks slick..

#145 11 years ago

Few more samples we are toying with. Elvis and Pirate ship silhouettes look pretty good but are tough to snap pics of. I don't have any sample pics of the skull yet. I'll have some of those this weekend. The Sopranos silver mirror gun looks pretty sharp and could probably double for CSI or 24 if you wanted. We are working on designs for those but I just don't have anything I can share at the moment. These are actual pics of the acrylics on a lit grill as they would be in a machine. I added the wood frame around them to make them look more normal for posting on the forum. Missing though is the speaker behind them which would make them look even nicer Oh well.

Soprano_s_Sample.jpgSoprano_s_Sample.jpg
    Elvis_Sample.jpgElvis_Sample.jpg
    POTC_Ship_Sample.jpgPOTC_Ship_Sample.jpg

#146 11 years ago

at this rate i hope you have a lot of material ready cause everything you do will sell like crazy.
    hope i'll be on that first run for LOTR ring.

#147 11 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

at this rate i hope you have a lot of material ready cause everything you do will sell like crazy.
    hope i'll be on that first run for LOTR ring.

We want to offer variety and as much as we can upon launch. You should be fine for a first run of LOTR ring. We hope to never run out once we start. Building the interest list has helped us understand where the demand is going to be and where to stock the most and least amount of acrylics. There are still many machines we haven't touched and those will be added as we go.

Avatar, T3, WPT, AP, Nascar, RCT, RBION, Shrek, IJ, CSI, 24, BBH, and the rest not mentioned.

#148 11 years ago

When you get around to making some for Congo (to go with your topper that I am still waiting for) let a brother know.

#149 11 years ago

At this time the sign up list is officially closed. We will attempt to work through the sign up list and fill orders first. Thank you.

#150 11 years ago

If we have PMd we are good?

There are 621 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballtopperscom-new-product-light-kits/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.