6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Womanese-explained (resized).png
    IMG_3624 (resized).JPG
    There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

So is it wrong to “relocate” my wife’s stuff to make room for a new pin while she’s out of town? I generally steer clear of upsetting the Apple cart, but our finished basement is chocked full and I’d really like to add a new game. She’s generally supportive of my hobby, but I’d have to diminish her scrapbook area to expand the game room. Truth is she rarely uses it, where the boys and I play daily down there. I could ask her....but it may be easier to ask forgiveness than ask permission. I know I can’t be the only guy out there with this problem....

#2 6 years ago

Just say “I bought this for you” when she gets back.

P.s. I don’t think I’ll be the only one that comes here thinking this topic will be about something else.

#3 6 years ago

Yep, take that space without asking and it might be quite a while before you see your wife's junk again. Just saying...

#4 6 years ago

Clickbait thread title of the week ..

#6 6 years ago

Pictures please

#7 6 years ago

I’m thinking I’ll build her some shelves so her area is more efficient. That way I’ll have more space and she’ll better utilize what she has. No better way I can see, other than buying a bigger house. First the arcade machines started multiplying, now the pinball.

#8 6 years ago

It's easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

I’m thinking I’ll build her some shelves so her area is more efficient. That way I’ll have more space and she’ll better utilize what she has. No better way I can see, other than buying a bigger house. First the arcade machines started multiplying, now the pinball.

Build her a shelf. Then when your wife gets home, tell her you built her a shelf so she could keep her stuff organized. Then say oh by the way the self conveniently made enough room for another pinball.

And for the videos. We've all been through it. Pins come in and vids go out.

#10 6 years ago

Moving her shit around is prolly fine. The thing you really need to nail down.....is what you paid for the pin......versus what you tell your wife you paid for the pin.

#11 6 years ago

Let us know how it turns out.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jetfire:

Just say “I bought this for you” when she gets back.
    P.s. I don’t think I’ll be the only one that comes here thinking this topic will be about something else.

Well I certainly wouldn't have opened this thread I f it was called "My wife's shit". Lol!

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Spend some time and money making her space nicer for her - don't approach it as "I want more space to add another machine" approach it as "I have been looking at your work area and since I have a little free time I am thinking about adding some shelf and stuff to make it nicer for you". Then as you do that just shrink the space to make room for your new machine. Wife is happy because you made her space nicer and you got what you want. WIN-WIN

#14 6 years ago

"Pinball madness" a condition that affects the male mind, symptoms: include: delusional beliefs that one can survive the backlash of having messed with the wife's so-called " junk ".

#15 6 years ago

She is your wife, she is your best friend (hopefully), She is your life partner, Treat her with respect and honesty and you will get what you want with her support. That is the only way to have a happy balanced relationship and the most fun with your pinball hobby!

#16 6 years ago

What game?

#17 6 years ago

I would also clean/ reorganize another part of the house that your wife has been putting off so that her scrapbook area was just a part of an entire cleaning project. Just don't throw anything away! If you can wait awhile before placing the pin that would be ideal. I must admit to adding pins when my wife is away..... less stress.

#18 6 years ago

If your wife can swing a frying pan like it is a flyswatter, then tread lightly

#19 6 years ago

Crazy rational thoughts here.

Tell her you would like to get more pinballs.

Ask her if she minds if you move some of her stuff.

Be supportive to her (or substitute just don’t bitch) if there is something she would like to purchase.

#20 6 years ago

Get the pin but don't move her stuff. Have HER suggest that space in exchange for shelving.

#21 6 years ago

Hope to see you alive and posting next week!

#22 6 years ago

IMG_3624 (resized).JPGIMG_3624 (resized).JPG

#23 6 years ago

Whatever happens make sure your new machine doesn't end up being a new table for More of your wife's junk

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

She is your wife, she is your best friend (hopefully), She is your life partner, Treat her with respect and honesty and you will get what you want with her support. That is the only way to have a happy balanced relationship and the most fun with your pinball hobby!

My wife just ask me what wussy wrote this?

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

My wife just ask me what wussy wrote this?

And yet he is totally right

#26 6 years ago

Lots of good thoughts, I like the idea of getting it and letting her make the decision to move stuff around. There’s a few pins nearby that are in my budget, they’re older, but still a step up from ems. There’s flash, jungle lord, and big guns nearby. Not mm or afm by any means but I can buy them without touching the checking account. Anyways I think I’ll build the shelves and let her decide to shrink her space, still get a game, and just leave it in the garage for now.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

And yet he is totally right

Yeah ok I get that we been married 38 years and fought many hard battles side by side.She’s old school cool

#28 6 years ago

Scrapbooking is a silly hobby and Goodwill is your friend. I'm sure your taking the initiative here will work out for the best!

#29 6 years ago

Marriage is all about give and take. There's a right way and a wrong way to do things. The right way in this situation is to let your son move her stuff while she is out of town. If it goes bad, you won't get blamed. If she has no problem with him moving her stuff you can be the hero for "teaching" your son to take bold steps in life's problem solving adventures.

You'll win either way....

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

Marriage is all about give and take. There's a right way and a wrong way to do things. The right way in this situation is to let your son move her stuff while she is out of town. If it goes bad, you won't get blamed. If she has no problem with him moving her stuff you can be the hero for "teaching" your son to take bold steps in life's problem solving adventures.
    You'll win either way....

#31 6 years ago

I was suddenly reminded about that wierd twitter post i read some year ago about a guy who was proud of his "girlfriends penis"....

#32 6 years ago

Back when scrap booking became popular, my mom spent $600 on a special scrap booking desk. She used it for a month and it sat and sat until a garage sale

#33 6 years ago

Here's a different approach! "Hey! I had to move your shit since we got another pin."

And if she's like my wife? You may end up with a broken playfield glass or two! But the pin would be in there!! It's all better the next day! Until.........she says..."Hey! I had to move your shit out of the garage for my new car! hahahaha"

But then again? We've been known to have bottle rocket wars in the house....So maybe my advice isn't so good!

All joking aside....You guys that are afraid of your wife crack me up! I couldn't imagine living that way! My wife is my best friend, and it wouldn't even be an issue. I don't need to play manipulative games with my wife, and she doesn't with me either. Geezzz!

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

Let us know how it turns out.

And when you'll be selling your pins.

LTG : )

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from Joker2415:

Here's a different approach! "Hey! I had to move your shit since we got another pin."
    And if she's like my wife? You may end up with a broken playfield glass or two! But the pin would be in there!! It's all better the next day! Until.........she says..."Hey! I had to move your shit out of the garage for my new car! hahahaha"
    But then again? We've been known to have bottle rocket wars in the house....So maybe my advice isn't so good!
    All joking aside....You guys that are afraid of your wife crack me up! I couldn't imagine living that way! My wife is my best friend, and it wouldn't even be an issue. I don't need to play manipulative games with my wife, and she doesn't with me either. Geezzz!

Sounds like you are a lucky fellow!

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

Sounds like you are a lucky fellow!

She says I am!

I'm jkg! I'm very lucky! .....Or maybe she just has me trained and I don't realize it......hmmmmm?

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from Joker2415:

Bottle rocket wars in the house....adding that to my bucket list.

Oh man I'm crying I am laughing so hard.

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Bottle rocket wars in the house....adding that to my bucket list.
    Oh man I'm crying I am laughing so hard.

That's not a joke! We lived in a dump of a house in Massillon Ohio. One of the city bigger houses that the neighborhood fell apart, type places.. It was kind of like a ....Party house! we would drive the mini crotch rockets in the back door through the house and out the front door down the ramp on the steps. Our neighbors loved us for the entertainment! Fun parties in that place! Then we had our son and had to grow up...at 38. When we left that place the livingroom hard wood floors were all tire marked up from "mad maxes" and peelies! I had a trx 250r as a livingroom corner piece.

So...After all the stuff my wife has put up with? A pinball machine is nothing!! She welcomes that problem! I mean it could be worse? Installing a stripper pole in the living room for the next party? Would be cool too! So? You want a stripper pole for the strippers or you want a pinball machine?

#39 6 years ago

this wil not turn out well for your s#x life and you know it!

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Scrapbooking is a silly hobby and Goodwill is your friend

Oh, my! Although, I agree with you, I think you are setting this guy up to be murdered!!!

There's a lot of stuff my wife has parked all over the place here that I sure would like to take to Goodwill.

This and my pins is responsible for most of our . . . er . . . arguments.

#41 6 years ago

SHOW US THE JUNK .

#42 6 years ago

Your leaving her stuff in the garage? Hope you didnt say the pinball, that would be the worst thing to do, unless its a heated garage.

#43 6 years ago

How’d you feel about it if your wife moved your pins around while you were out?

I don’t get grown men afraid to talk to their wives. My wife and I compromise on stuff all the time. I guarantee if you treat your S.O. like their hobbies don’t matter, you’re gonna have a bad time. She might be ok with getting rid of the scrapbook space, or even reorganizing it. But instead of just seeing if she thinks the same, you go and treat her like her stuff doesn’t matter, she’s gonna resent you and you’ll have a hell of a time next time.

#44 6 years ago

You can store stuff inside the machines. Win Win.

#45 6 years ago

You know, I think you should definitely go ahead and do it. (Will the next of kin please post his machines?)

#46 6 years ago

Hey, they move our shit all the time, all high and mighty. I say do the same, but tread lightly, as not to start a war.

#47 6 years ago

Take your cue from Washington. It's all about presentation and spin.

Hey Honey I cleaned up and reorganized the basement and it looks great! (Smile real big and look like you are fishing for kudos)

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from bonanza:

(Smile real big and look like you are fishing for kudos)

Yeah and don't forget to take a pic., it's likely the last time you'll have a full set of pearly whites to look at.

#49 6 years ago

'Re-direct and detract'.

Do something like buy her a small desk or something, relocate the stuff, and explain it as 'Honey! Look what I got YOU....oh, and I put your new desk and all your stuff HERE, so it all works SO much better for you.'

Give it a few days, then fill that her old spot with that pin.

This seemingly works - I bought a pristine Space Invaders upright arcade that I hadn't even mentioned to her, and had a delivery scheduled...that same afternoon, I got home early with a slot machine ('just for her').

At the time, she loved playing a slot.
    I'm still not sure if she even noticed the delivery guy with the dolly coming in the door, LOL.

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Lots of good thoughts, I like the idea of getting it and letting her make the decision to move stuff around. There’s a few pins nearby that are in my budget, they’re older, but still a step up from ems. There’s flash, jungle lord, and big guns nearby. Not mm or afm by any means but I can buy them without touching the checking account. Anyways I think I’ll build the shelves and let her decide to shrink her space, still get a game, and just leave it in the garage for now.

Jungle Lord is a fun game. I like Flash too, but may get old in a smaller collection. Big Guns is a one trick pony in my opinion.

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-wife%e2%80%99s-junk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.