(Topic ID: 30582)

!!!!MUPPETs!!!!

By TaylorVA

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ernie-fp.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-729.jpg
    IMG_0137_2.JPG
    muppets.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

Seriously, how is there not a muppets pin? Total bs.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Btw, Pinside wouldn't let me post muppets in all caps because it was considered yelling. Wtf?

#3 11 years ago

Muppets Take Manhattan!

#4 11 years ago

Great Mupper Caper. This would be an awesome pin. Opportunity missed when the last movie was released.

#5 11 years ago

The last movie with Jason Seagal sucked donkey balls.
    But yeah, a Muppets pin would rock based on the TV series skits and characters.

#6 11 years ago

+1 for the Muppets pin!

Quoted from TaylorVA:

Btw, Pinside wouldn't let me post muppets in all caps because it was considered yelling. Wtf?

Caps could mean exuberance, excitement, great joy, surprise, emphasis; all denoted by context and important to communication, but because caps could also mean anger, all these cues are snuffed out. It is just a general lack of common sense today in the need to control all things to present a desired facade in the judgment that people cannot manage themselves on behalf of those who cannot, and it is not just Pinside.

Dumbing things down to a lowest common denominator is the way of the world now and has been for quite some time now. The problem with inclusion is it natually creates exclusion. Making sure those who cannot control themselves are included excludes the freedom of those who can control themselves. The have nots get more than they are due, and the haves-less.

We are the World!! We are the......blechhh!!!

This is too silly to even waste a Monty Python clip on.

And seriously, how much did we really need know about the operator of poor little Elmo? Who knows where that guy's hand has been!

Dan

#7 11 years ago

I agree, bring on a muppets pin based on the tv shows!

#8 11 years ago

Muppets just screams fun and is something lacking in pins right now, Maybe WOZ's fun factor will change the trend.

#9 11 years ago

I would own Muppets without a doubt if it was done well.

#10 11 years ago

Animal Multi-Ball!!

#11 11 years ago

I dream of a Muppets pin...

Statler and Waldorf heckling the player

Gonzo the Great Ball Cannon

Fonzie Stand-Up Comedy Target

Collect the Dr Teeth & The Electric Mayhem characters to start Band Playing mode

Animal Multiball !!!

Swedish Chef Cook-Off mode

Dr Bunsen & Beaker Mad Science mode

Pigs in Space Rocket mode

The game writes itself...

Imagine the intro:

"It's time to start the music...It's time to light the lights..."

They would SELL OUT.

<sigh>

RussM

#12 11 years ago

My wife would LOOOOVE a Muppets Pin!!

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from crazyerk:

Animal Multi-Ball!!

+1 also Oscar's garbage can cellar hole/gobble hole

#14 11 years ago

I would love a muppets pin. My SO doesn't understand why I like the muppets, but I would love to have a pin with that theme.

#15 11 years ago

A Muppets pin given the proper love and passion would be the ultimate!

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    314-766-4587

#16 11 years ago

Id prefer a Meet the Feebles theme, you guys ever see that movie? I felt so dirty watching that!

#17 11 years ago

RussMyers.... AWESOME!!!

Liftserv... NO!!! Oscar is not a Muppet. He is from Sesame Street. No Oscar, no Big Bird, No Elmo and NO Bert and Ernie... They can get their own pin!

#18 11 years ago

If it has Jamaican Weed Mode, I'm in like Flynn.

J.W. Mode ...

#19 11 years ago

My favorite character...

image.jpgimage.jpg

#20 11 years ago

In 100%

#21 11 years ago

I know a lot of people would be in for one over here!
    So Stern bring it on!

#22 11 years ago

Quoted from starfighter:

If it has Jamaican Weed Mode, I'm in like Flynn.
    J.W. Mode ...
    » YouTube video

I needed a good laugh today!! Thanks! Haha I can see that video on Sterns facebook as part of the promo!

#23 11 years ago

I wonder how many of us signing a petition or placing a down payment would it take to make it worth Stern's while to secure licensing rights and start working on this? I know I would be in... This would happily be my first NIB pinball purchase.

#24 11 years ago

I frankly would rather see this as a JJP title.

#25 11 years ago

+1000

Manamana....

#26 11 years ago

I would love to see a Muppets pin! Probably my #1 new theme of choice right now and it would be a welcome break from the all the super hero/action movie/rock themes that have been done recently. The Muppets are timeless and fun and would present a lot of great opportunities in a pinball theme.

I know I'm dreaming here, but a JJP/ Pat Lawlor Muppet collaboration would be grand! It would make an awesome Stern title as well, It just doesn't seem all that suited to Ritchie, Borg, or Gomez. Seems more like a PL or Balcer title to me based on past theme choices/layouts.

#27 11 years ago

Ditto on a Muppets pin

#28 11 years ago

Nordman and Keef doing Muppets would be NIB for me for sure..

JJP, take my money!

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

I frankly would rather see this as a JJP title.

Totally agree big time. I'd sell games to make room and raise funds for a quality version of MUPPETS! NOt a movie theme, but an original theme base on the MUPPETS!

Taylor, great call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrWizzo:

Totally agree big time. I'd sell games to make room and raise funds for a quality version of MUPPETS! NOt a movie theme, but an original theme base on the MUPPETS!

Taylor, great call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan

+1 to original show theme. i would seriously find some way to make it happen and raise the $$ for this pin. possibilities are endless with this title.

#31 11 years ago

Not to be a know-it-all historian, as I just learned about this myself in the new Pinball Magazine interview with Roger Sharpe, but Sharpe actually DID produce a muppets pinball machine (of sorts). It was more of a kiddie redemption game with a throwback to EARLY pinball games. From what I understand, it never made it into production.

muppets.jpgmuppets.jpg

With all this said, I'd agree, a MODERN take on The Muppets theme would be pretty incredible. However, hearing all the difficulties Stern and Nordman had with getting ANYTHING out of Disney for Pirates (EVERYTHING was separately costed-out, from Johnny likenesses to individual songs to movie elements...it just killed any hope of an authentic licensed experience), it makes me think that the extreme difficulties would be very similar with The Muppets. ...unfortunately.

Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#32 11 years ago

Even if we asked really nicely? (in my most MUPPET-esque voice)

Dan

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrWizzo:

Even if we asked really nicely? (in my most MUPPET-esque voice)

...or perhaps in Beaker: "Mee-mee-mee MEEP! MeeeeEEEP?"

If it meant a new Muppet pin, I'd totally do it.

Fo' Real,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    http://www.ElephantEater.com

#34 11 years ago

I would love a "Animal LE model" followed closely by a "Kermit LE" sound so awesome. I hope someone makes this.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

I would love a "Animal LE model" followed closely by a "Kermit LE" sound so awesome. I hope someone makes this.

Or do as JJP suggested they will do after WOZ and just make one model that is fully loaded.

#36 11 years ago

So Hobbit will not have an LE??

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Or do as JJP suggested they will do after WOZ and just make one model that is fully loaded.

It's like a game of whack a mole.

Dan

#38 11 years ago

I'd be right there for a Fozzy Bear LE

Wokka Wokka!

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Hah, the spelling made think B_R had written this post.

#41 11 years ago

Muppets would be awesome.

Coincidentally, my 8-year old daughter pulled out our seasons 1-3 dvds today. Just watched a season 2 ep with Steve Martin. My kids are watching Bernadette Peters now.

Great stuff. Perfect theme for a pin.

#42 11 years ago

Muppets! Muppets! Muppets!

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrWizzo:

Dumbing things down to a lowest common denominator is the way of the world now and has been for quite some time now. The problem with inclusion is it natually creates exclusion. Making sure those who cannot control themselves are included excludes the freedom of those who can control themselves. The have nots get more than they are due, and the haves-less.

#44 11 years ago

I would give a kidney for a muppets pin.

LOL

#45 11 years ago

It would most likely be a Stern title as the Muppets are owned by Disney now and Stern already has had dealings with Disney via Tron.

It would HAVE to be based on the original TV show for me to even consider it.

There was word of an Elmo pin but the "Tickle Me Multiball" just sounded wrong, especially now....

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

I just learned about this myself in the new Pinball Magazine interview with Roger Sharpe, but Sharpe actually DID produce a muppets pinball machine (of sorts). It was more of a kiddie redemption game with a throwback to EARLY pinball games. From what I understand, it never made it into production.

In the same interview Roger explains why a Muppets pin wouldn't work back in say 2002. Since then things have changed and with the growing collectors market a Muppet license may actually work these days. Who knows how Roger may actually be involved in that.
    Personally I would not like to see a tie in with any of the movies. Just the TV show please. And please let it be a humor-packed game.

Jonathan
    www.pinball-magazine.com

#47 11 years ago

They should have done one back when Muppet Treasure Island came out. That would have been huge.

#48 11 years ago

This would probably be a day one purchase for me. I already have Muppets to go with it.

IMG_0137_2.JPGIMG_0137_2.JPG

#49 11 years ago

muppets pin? why that's a terrible idea...

#50 11 years ago
    Quoted from krupa:

This would probably be a day one purchase for me. I already have Muppets to go with it.

You really are all about the pop culture even having Big Bang Theory on the TV

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/muppets and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.