C7302EC0-E40C-4401-A735-26261435813E (resized).jpeg
38320F75-D438-4EC6-B8F0-EA529FC5A079 (resized).jpeg
51CBA7A7-76AF-40F6-997E-2582DB57CB32 (resized).jpeg
2EB670D4-ACA6-43E3-B535-41603CD5B57C (resized).jpeg
IMG_6790 (resized).jpeg
met magnet update (resized).JPG
711e62c89062984f8180055465d890896b652bf8 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 435.
#2651 9 years ago

Excited stuff is showing up
Shaker, snake teeth tongue, sling protectors, sparky protector, super bands, shiny pinlife balls, green cup holder. image.jpgimage.jpg

#2652 9 years ago
Quoted from mikehay1:

This current run is over already? They didn't even start making them until last Thursday (I was told this because my MET was originally supposed to be delivered to MGC that day - 9 April but was told that Stern started this run on Thursday and my game was then delivered to MGC the next day - 10 April - it also helped for the factory to be very close)

Mine was shipped last Wednesday, so they were already on the line. Maybe batches of this last run?

#2653 9 years ago

Installed the Shaker Motor, Silverjet Balls, Sling Protectors, Sparky Protector, and Mystery Scoop Protector today after work. I am really loving this game already. Going to sit down this weekend and order some more mods. I wasn't sure I would like the Pinbits sling protectors but now that they are on, I love them. I think they look really good.

So what do the settings for the shaker actually do? (minimal, moderate, maximum) Do they affect the intensity of the shaker or the frequency it is used? Right now when sparky gets electrocuted it sounds like my machine is about to take off.

20150416_191613_zpsriedgmz8.JPG20150416_191613_zpsriedgmz8.JPG
20150416_191623_zpsbthvcc2p.JPG20150416_191623_zpsbthvcc2p.JPG20150416_191633_zpsk1n0zcci.JPG20150416_191633_zpsk1n0zcci.JPG20150416_191648_zps5akgbefu.JPG20150416_191648_zps5akgbefu.JPG

#2654 9 years ago

Looking good Meph! What do you think of the LEDs they put in? I ordered some extra led bulbs to change out to put some color under fuel/sparky inserts and to move the spot lights off the slings. What setting did you end up running on the shaker?

#2655 9 years ago

Right now my shaker is set to moderate but I am not sure how exactly it's affected by the setting. Hoping someone here can elaborate on it. I will change around some LEDs in the future but for now I have more important mods to worry about

#2656 9 years ago

I set my shaker to minimal use. Its my only game with a shaker and it treads a fine line between neat and annoyance... I'd be most happy if it just went off as a notification for Crank It Up being lit, multiball start or other big events.

#2657 9 years ago

I have a shaker in mine on default setting it's cool. I also have one in my rs tftc and mmr. And I think data east has the best setup by far. Williams ones are just to strong and it sounds like the machine is coming apart.

#2658 9 years ago

Can someone post a pic of the sparky protector? How necessary do you think it will be?

#2659 9 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

I have a shaker in mine on default setting it's cool. I also have one in my rs tftc and mmr. And I think data east has the best setup by far. Williams ones are just to strong and it sounds like the machine is coming apart.

Ohhh you should feel the gottlieb gladiators shaker...it shakes the building....

#2660 9 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Can someone post a pic of the sparky protector? How necessary do you think it will be?

See post #2651, 3rd picture down. I like mine.

#2661 9 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

You will want it. Its not that I protects sparky, but the magnet and playfield in front of him. The ball can launch off of his feet and beat up the magnet pretty good. The protector keeps the ball from flying around.

#2662 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Ohhh you should feel the gottlieb Gladiators shaker...it shakes the building....

I've had one. You are right it sounds like it's going to take down the house.

#2663 9 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

Thanks Rick, my sparky air ball protector showed up today! If anybody is looking for a good mod at a great price contact Rick, Fast delivery too..it beat my machine here

I don't understand how the lack of a proper protector gets past whitewood testing and quality control? I saw a picture of a MET with a few thousand plays on it and the dimpling on the upper playfield looked absolutely awful.

Before anyone plays one ball on their game, the sparky protector is a must!

Rob

#2664 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I don't understand how the lack of a proper protector gets past whitewood testing and quality control? I saw a picture of a MET with a few thousand plays on it and the dimpling on the upper playfield looked absolutely awful.
Before anyone plays one ball on their game, the sparky protector is a must!
Rob

Man when that magnet grabs that ball out of the air and slams it on the playfield it looks cool as $#!+. I just don't want it to happen on my new machine..lol. Protectors are going on before I play my first game. Just got an update game will be here Monday!

#2665 9 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

Installed the Shaker Motor, Silverjet Balls, Sling Protectors, Sparky Protector, and Mystery Scoop Protector today after work. I am really loving this game already. Going to sit down this weekend and order some more mods. I wasn't sure I would like the Pinbits sling protectors but now that they are on, I love them. I think they look really good.
So what do the settings for the shaker actually do? (minimal, moderate, maximum) Do they affect the intensity of the shaker or the frequency it is used? Right now when sparky gets electrocuted it sounds like my machine is about to take off.
20150416_191613_zpsriedgmz8.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
20150416_191623_zpsbthvcc2p.JPG (Click image to enlarge)20150416_191633_zpsk1n0zcci.JPG (Click image to enlarge)20150416_191648_zps5akgbefu.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Setting of the shaker determines how frequent it is used, not the intensity of the shaker. If you really want you can change the intensity mechanically, eg. change/rotate the weights on the shaker. However, with MET I dont think it is required. Standard setting is fine (with me at least)

#2666 9 years ago

Yeah I think I just need to get used to the shaker I think. I haven't hooked up my sub yet because my kids sleep right above my game room. I will probably turn the shaker back up to maximum and then just disable it when I play at night when the kids are sleeping.

#2667 9 years ago

I just installed my custom side rails on my LE last night. ColorDMD comes in the mail today and I can't wait

image.jpgimage.jpg
#2668 9 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

You will want it. Its not that I protects sparky, but the magnet and playfield in front of him. The ball can launch off of his feet and beat up the magnet pretty good. The protector keeps the ball from flying around.

Where does someone get one?

#2670 9 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

I just installed my custom side rails on my LE last night. ColorDMD comes in the mail today and I can't wait

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Who sells these side rails?

#2671 9 years ago

My friend Erik at pin-protector.com. this was his last set of silver ones and he had 2sets of black ones left I believe. Although I think he sold a set last night to a guy I sent his way who contacted me on Facebook. That are also available in black at pinballcenter.eu but seem to be a bit different (I don't think it says ride the lightning across the upper part of the rail. And I also don't think it includes the mirror insert) pinballcenter also carries Metallica logoed back box hinges also.

#2673 9 years ago

Question: I just picked up a Pro Led and bought some mylar disks at Pinball Life to put over the magnets. Do most people cover the magnets or cut out around them?

#2674 9 years ago
Quoted from gjbwalker:

Question: I just picked up a Pro Led and bought some mylar disks at Pinball Life to put over the magnets. Do most people cover the magnets or cut out around them?

cut out

#2675 9 years ago
Quoted from gjbwalker:

I was wondering this too. Why would you not cover the magnets though. I would to protect those too as the route games I have seen, the magnets look all beat up and almost mushroomed. As long as the magnet is flush with the playfield, I say cover the whole thing.

#2676 9 years ago

For sure, cut them out. If not, the heat of the magnet will make a mess of them.

I hope Rickwh doesn't mind me saying this but there is a nice protector included in the pinbits plastic protector kit. He's basically making these things for no profit so I hope he doesn't mind. I do recommend the pinbits kit as it will protect all your plastics for the long haul.

#2677 9 years ago

I can't find the sparky protector online :/ Does he have them available offline?

#2678 9 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I was wondering this too. Why would you not cover the magnets though. I would to protect those too as the route games I have seen, the magnets look all beat up and almost mushroomed. As long as the magnet is flush with the playfield, I say cover the whole thing.

The mylar wont protect the magnet from dimples and damage. Best thing for that is to just buy a couple spares and change them out periodically. The mylar directly on the magnet will get messed up pretty quickly, especially at sparky where it holds the balls more often.

#2679 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I can't find the sparky protector online :/ Does he have them available offline?

May want to give them a call to confirm they are still in there but I bought my set 3 months ago and it was in there. It's not pictured on their site and I don't believe they sell it on it's own.

#2680 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

For sure, cut them out. If not, the heat of the magnet will make a mess of them."

I suppose it would be better to get a larger diameter mylar then, as the 1.1" diameter would be like a 1/4" ring around the magnet.

#2681 9 years ago

I had asked about the Pinbits sparky protector before purchasing. You get a yellow one if you buy with colored slings or a clear one with clear slings. Even though its not in the picture they include it with the set.

#2682 9 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

I had asked about the Pinbits sparky protector before purchasing. You get a yellow one if you buy with colored slings or a clear one with clear slings. Even though its not in the picture they include it with the set.

I just ordered my plastic protectors from Pinbits. I didn't realize the Sparky protector was available in yellow and clear. Mine came with the yellow one and I really wish I had asked for the clear one. I don't really care for the look of the yellow one. I love the green sling protectors though.

#2683 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Here's a quote from the Metallica Dress Slings product page: "This ships with the fluorescent yellow Sparky."

#2684 9 years ago

I already have the sling and inlane protectors. I only need a sparky one. I wasn't a big fan of the sling protector covering the inlane and connecting to the inlane.

#2685 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I already have the sling and inlane protectors. I only need a sparky one. I wasn't a big fan of the sling protector covering the inlane and connecting to the inlane.

This is what Is keeping me from ordering, but if they have clear, that might work.

#2686 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

For sure, cut them out. If not, the heat of the magnet will make a mess of them.
I hope Rickwh doesn't mind me saying this but there is a nice protector included in the pinbits plastic protector kit. He's basically making these things for no profit so I hope he doesn't mind. I do recommend the pinbits kit as it will protect all your plastics for the long haul.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Its nice to see my protectors helping people out. I don't mind at all people comparing or recommending the pinbits one. Even happy to help folks make their own.

I've been making the protectors basically at cost, just trying to help out folks. I can usually only make time to make them on the weekends etc. so sometimes it can be a week or two when I'm out of stock.

I'm currently out of stock at the moment, and am out of town this weekend so if you are interested in one, just pm me and I'll get to it when I can. I'll let you know when they are ready to ship via PM. Probably in a week or two.

Thanks

Rick

#2687 9 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

This is what Is keeping me from ordering, but if they have clear, that might work.

I'd like that neon green, purple or clear. Could really match the game!

#2688 9 years ago

terry @ pinballlife.com has a set in fluorescent green which are separate protectors for the inlanes and the slings

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3270

#2689 9 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

terry @ pinballlife.com has a set in fluorescent green which are separate protectors for the inlanes and the slings
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3270

Ya! those are the ones I bought. I'm looking for a matching sparky protector without buying a full set.

#2690 9 years ago

For those just wanting the sparky one, I'd give Pam a call. They are so helpful I'd be surprised if they wouldn't sell just that part if you explain that you already had sling protectors. May even be a good idea to put them on their website as a package or individually like they do with the Star Trek mods.

#2691 9 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

Mine confirmed for tomorrow afternoon delivery!! Cant wait!

Pro LED in the house!

FullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg FullSizeRender 2.jpgFullSizeRender 2.jpg FullSizeRender 3.jpgFullSizeRender 3.jpg FullSizeRender 4.jpgFullSizeRender 4.jpg
#2692 9 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

Pro LED in the house!)

Looks good next to WW & ST! Congrats! Mine will be here Monday can't wait!

#2693 9 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

Looks good next to WW & ST! Congrats! Mine will be here Monday can't wait!

Thank u and good for you bro! First observations out of the box and after about ten games. First and foremost, the factory LED lighting(although I will change it a bit) looks much better in person than it did in any of the pics have seen. I had no issues so far out of the box. Everything is playing/working as it should. And as not a big fan of their music...twice so far i have said to myself "I didn't know they sang that".

#2694 9 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

Pro LED in the house!

Congratulations! I can't wait to get the call for mine.

#2695 9 years ago

Has anyone put the OCD board in one of the original Mets when they put leds in it? Did it make a diff.?

#2696 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Has anyone put the OCD board in one of the original Mets when they put leds in it? Did it make a diff.?

Not exactly the same but I think the experience will help as it's kind of the same thing. I put an LED OCD board in an original IM that has LED's in it. I set the game back on incandescent and the light show looks great again and is much better than the IM with the LED code set to on. Looks just like it did before the LED's from a fading perspective as well as the benefit of no ghosting.

#2697 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Not exactly the same but I think the experience will help as it's kind of the same thing. I put an LED OCD board in an original IM that has LED's in it. I set the game back on incandescent and the light show looks great again and is much better than the IM with the LED code set to on. Looks just like it did before the LED's from a fading perspective as well as the benefit of no ghosting.

Yeah that's not quite the same thing, the original Met had inc's in it.

#2698 9 years ago

Ugh... I got the call today, should ship Tuesday :/

#2699 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Ugh... I got the call today, should ship Tuesday :/

Be here before you know it.

#2700 9 years ago

Look what showed up today!
I'm in the club

IMG_0753.JPGIMG_0753.JPG IMG_0758.JPGIMG_0758.JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 29.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,100 (OBO)
$ 29.95
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
NinjaCamp Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 149.00
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 21,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 435.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/54 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.