Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Schwaggs
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

405-2938-large (resized).jpg
    20170704213947257 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 6 years ago

Mantis Amusements is always trying to make metal parts that are needed.

So help me out and give me some ideas.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=mantis%20amusements

Submit your ideas. Thanks for helping me help the pinball community !!

Kerry Stair

Mantis Amusements

#2 6 years ago

Every few months I hear folks looking for the shadow diverter parts that are on the underside of the playfield, and most people resort to welding to repair them, since there are no replacements available.

I also see a fair number of requests for the metal ramps on Gottlieb Stargate, especially since PBR ran out of them. The weld joints on those are as weak as the ones found on Shadow's metal ramps.

I've heard the horseshoe ball guides in the middle of the playfield for Bally silverball mania have tabs that are usually broken off.

#3 6 years ago

Bally ss ball guides such as the fathom you just did. I picked up a set btw, thank you!

#5 6 years ago

The center ramp from Lord of the Rings has become scarce. A few people in the lotr forum have been looking for them. The only one I've seen for sale in a long time is on ebay right now with a buy it now price of $250.

#6 6 years ago

Kerry is great to work with. If someone has a part to send him, he can get it in production. He helped me out with quite a few parts for fh restorations.

#7 6 years ago

A comment on an existing mantis protector. The MM/MMR castle protector (cobblestone area) should be extended toward the lock door to cover the wood edge of the hole. It seems to be 1/8" short and the edge is getting clear damage and wear on my MMR after 800 plays. I might shim that protector underneath to extend it but the design should consider that hole edge as well. The mantis castle hole protector does not protect that edge of the hole either. My 2 cents.

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from latenite04:

The center ramp from Lord of the Rings has become scarce. A few people in the lotr forum have been looking for them. The only one I've seen for sale in a long time is on ebay right now with a buy it now price of $250.

I think this is currently getting addressed

#9 6 years ago

R911 could use a protector for the large lock / VUK hole near the back of the playfield. The lip of that hole usually gets chewed up and it would be nice to have something to cover it with.

The photo actually shows one of the nicer ones I've seen. That same size hole is also used in SFII, Barb Wire, and a few other games and those are also usually chewed up.

20170704213947257 (resized).jpg20170704213947257 (resized).jpgpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#10 6 years ago

Begging you. Please make a correct style arm for the diverter in GOT LE/Pre. Just needs to be remade with a smooth transition vs the style it is now.

Tweaks to the factory setup makes things better but it can be so much smoother.

#11 6 years ago

I'm not sure if this would be in your wheelhouse since it's probably uses a die and press or casting, but I've been trying to find the housing for a 2-slot early WPC coin door. Foreign imports have 3 slots.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-2-slot-coin-doors

#12 6 years ago

How about the wire ball gates on Fathom near the lower flippers? They have an unusual angle that was only used on a few games.

#13 6 years ago

Whirlwind cellar scoops? Those things take a beating.

#14 6 years ago

Pictures and a possible source to lend the part to me also helpful !

Mantis Amusements

Kerry Stair

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from txx3ddq442:

Whirlwind cellar scoops? Those things take a beating.

I can probably pull mine out and send it in Kerry

#16 6 years ago

Popeye center weldment part#A-18000

405-2938-large (resized).jpg405-2938-large (resized).jpg

#17 6 years ago

Center weldment for Last Action Hero. I don't have a part # but mine has been welded twice already.

#18 6 years ago

NASCAR right ramp guards for a reasonable price. The OEM optional guards aren't available, and if Marco had them would be $100 for the set.

Stern #502-5041-47 and #502-5041-49

10 months later
    #20 5 years ago
    Quoted from RatShack:

NASCAR right ramp guards for a reasonable price. The OEM optional guards aren't available, and if Marco had them would be $100 for the set.

+1

2 months later
    #22 5 years ago
    Quoted from kstairmantis:

Mantis Amusements is always trying to make metal parts that are needed.
    So help me out and give me some ideas.
    https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=mantis%20amusements
    Submit your ideas. Thanks for helping me help the pinball community !!
    Kerry Stair
    Mantis Amusements

Time machine!

2 years later
    #23 2 years ago
    Quoted from RatShack:

+3

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-ideas-on-new-metal-parts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.