Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 115 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by ChrisS
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20140712_224342.jpg
    IMG_20140712_212225 (1).jpg
    IMG_20140712_174525.jpg
    image.jpg
    LR.JPG
    ballsoffurypic20.jpg
    Ping Pong.JPG
    AC:DC.JPG
    109067.jpg
    SnS.JPG
    Picture 6.png
    There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 9 years ago

Ping Pong Table............Assembled.

Ping Pong.JPGPing Pong.JPG

#52 9 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

Awesome . . . just don't spin the table towards the driveway or I might send a ball rolling to the road.

#53 9 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

Where are the cups.

#54 9 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

Ping Pong.JPG 86 KB

You better tighten up that net, I don't want to hear any complaining about how poorly the ping pong table plays when I unleash my Balls of Fury....
    ballsoffurypic20.jpgballsoffurypic20.jpg

#55 9 years ago

Only in the pin-hobby. Hope the weather is perfect for you and everyone has an awesome time!

#57 9 years ago

What? No pics of the games in the living room?

#58 9 years ago
    Quoted from gjbwalker:

I don't get out much

It's like the puck bowling games with pinballs. I saw one / played on site at bowling alley maybe about 3-6 years ago.

#59 9 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

You better tighten up that net

I know right. It needs to be worked on.

Chris

#60 9 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

What? No pics of the games in the living room?

It's coming. I'm pacing myself.

Chris

#61 9 years ago

Ok. One more Ping.

Special thanks to davewth for coming over and helping drag the machines from the garage to the living room. I couldn't have gotten to this point without your help.

BR is in the middle of being torn apart and cleaned for the party so unless someone comes up with a Bad Cats or Radical I think we are set.

chris

LR.JPGLR.JPG

#62 9 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

Special thanks to davewth for coming over and helping drag the machines from the garage to the living room.

LR.JPG 123 KB

Thanks for the beer, pizza and 5 hours of pinball in exchange for 5 minutes of "work". lol.

Somebody help this poor guy out. He has a few tech issues that need to be sorted out before the party and i am not qualified to help nor am i available. I wish i could help, man. You're in need of help on the 11th, correct?

bump!

#63 9 years ago

So final bump for the party. Still plenty of time to PM me.

The rough tally if everyone brings a guest looks to be about 60 people. Again that's rough and if everyone brings someone. Doesn't seem that bad. Again the thing flows well. People come and go so don't think its overwhelming. Plus I have Ping Pong in the garage.

chris

#64 9 years ago

I'm + one maybe 2 not sure yet...ok?

#65 9 years ago

I'll bring my Drone and we can get a aerial shot of everyone together in front of the garage, I just love using this thing for useful purposes.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=760923680666221&set=vb.100002457881622&type=2&theater

#66 9 years ago

Hi, I was wondering if this is an open invite? I have been away from pinside for about 18 months but am back in the hobby and would love to attend with my wife. If not I understand. Thanks and let me know either way.

#67 9 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

Plus I have Ping Pong in the garage.

I've heard about your ping pong.

#68 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

I've heard about your ping pong.

Will we see Wynona Ryder at this event?

#69 9 years ago
    Quoted from Laseriffic:

I'll bring my Drone and we can get a aerial shot of everyone together in front of the garage, I just love using this thing for useful purposes.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=760923680666221&set=vb.100002457881622&type=2&theater

That sounds like a cool idea. No way we will be able to get everyone in the shot. As Chris stated, some come early, some later. It definitely flows. But I bet we could get a pretty good size group in the yard.

#70 9 years ago
    Quoted from DarthPinhead:

Hi, I was wondering if this is an open invite? I have been away from pinside for about 18 months but am back in the hobby and would love to attend with my wife. If not I understand. Thanks and let me know either way.

Pm him.

#71 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

No way we will be able to get everyone in the shot

No, but hopefully we get a good number of us, maybe mid party or something and let people know as they come in .

#72 9 years ago

Quoted from ChrisS:

Please RSVP through email or private PM.

DO it. Do it, now.

#73 9 years ago

Yup. PM me for more info if you think you can make it.

chris

#75 9 years ago

PlEaSe!

#76 9 years ago

Had a great time!
    Thanks Chris!

#77 9 years ago

Pics or it didn't happen.

#78 9 years ago
    Quoted from kid_ego:

Pictures? Come-on ya know everyone is to drunk at this time to take and post pictures. Wait till everyone is over their hangover in the morning to even see if anyone took pictures.

#79 9 years ago
    Quoted from kid_ego:

image.jpgimage.jpg

I thought there was going to be an epic comeback on this game, so i snapped a pic.

#80 9 years ago

Well things wrapped up about 1:00am when the last of the boys headed out.

Sorry no pics from me. I always seem to forget to take any. I'm always 2 busy playing. Mor on the audits in the AM.

Chris

#81 9 years ago

IMG_20140712_174525.jpgIMG_20140712_174525.jpg

#82 9 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

I thought there was going to be an epic comeback on this game, so i snapped a pic.

image.jpg 129 KB

It was damn close and it would have been oh so sweet after Tim pocketed the cash...

#83 9 years ago
    Quoted from jonogo:

It was damn close and it would have been oh so sweet after Tim pocketed the cash...

I hated that I was rolling so good. I really wanted those $8.00.

chris

#84 9 years ago
    Quoted from jonogo:

IMG_20140712_174525.jpg 127 KB

What a great picture. See what you missed Steve, Eric, Russ, and Tony.......Lots of Josh's nose hair

chris

#85 9 years ago

OK So here is the official end of party post.

Big thanks to the following folks:

First to my Mom. She is always there to help prep and spruce things up so my place doesn't seem like a complete bachlor pad.

Dave (davewth) for helping to move machines.

Steve (tullster) for helping whip some machines in line.

Greg (gjbwalker) for helping hang the night before and whipping down some machines.

Hilton (hilton) for showing up early and helping with some last minute bits and bobs. And putting up with my Mom's military style of putting people to work. Also for jumping under the hood of MET when it was flaking out. I hadn't even finished my game and made it that way and he already had it sorted. Thanks Dude.

Also a big thanks for those that had time to come out and hang. I love catching up with friends and talking shop but there were also a lot of new faces this time around. Good to see that things are growing. Hope to see even more people next time

Congrats to Neo for taking the Bubble Hockey Tourney. $80 big ones for the win. Thanks for those that helped seed the pot. See it pays to come to parties.

Here are the play counts:
    Sopranos - 55
    WOF - 47
    T2 - 64
    NGG - 71
    FT - 83
    SS - 92
    TOM - 64
    W?D - 53
    MET - 105
    Tommy - 48
    GnR - 58
    AC/DC - 102
    TRS - 69
    EATPM - 62
    Riverboat Gambler - 44
    Diner - 72
    Family Guy - 53
    Elvis - 17 (it was in the garage)

Thanks again to all.

#86 9 years ago

We had a great time ChrisS. Thanks for having the party... All the games were great.. It was very cool to see and enjoy some pins we haven't before... Al Garage Band... .Heavy Metal.... Nice.. NT

#87 9 years ago

Had a great time. Enjoyed hanging early and making a few tweaks/ helping out where I could. games played really great!

I enjoyed Diner and put quite a few games on the strikes and spares also.

#88 9 years ago

As always, I had a great time. Thanks for hosting again, and for the food. I'm still full from eating so much. Had a great time playing pins and hanging out with everyone. Your neighbor is hilarious as well. Glad no one killed him when he went down to the basement to get a beer.

#89 9 years ago

That guy. What a clown. Dude shows up at midnight wondering what we are up to.

Tim kept his cool even after the dude turned into a DBag. I kind of wish dave would have been there. He would have been all over this dude.

Quoted from Whysnow:

and put quite a few games on the strikes and spares also.

I was really glad to see some many people playing that game throughout the night. I know it doent get much love and I wouldn't expect it to but everyone seemed to enjoy it. We finished the evening playing SnS. Paul was "In The Zone"

#90 9 years ago

I was able to get initials on TOM and early in the night I had top score on all three SnS sub games!

Your TOM plays like butter. 1st time I have ever made it to the wizard mode on one!

#91 9 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

That guy. What a clown. Dude shows up at midnight wondering what we are up to.

Tim kept his cool even after the dude turned into a DBag. I kind of wish dave would have been there. He would have been all over this dude.

what happened?

#92 9 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

what happened?

We were winding down on some dollar games on SnS (sorry Hilton, I think your scores are gone) around 12:30 when this random dude just shows up outside just kind of staring through the window by the door. We open the door and he just walks in hammered as all get out, with an empty cup looking for more to drink. He bitches about the alcohol selection upstairs and then bitches about the food that is still there. He was about 5 seconds from physically being shown the exit, but we left it amicable as Chris has to live next to him...

#93 9 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

We were winding down on some dollar games on SnS (sorry Hilton, I think your scores are gone) around 12:30 when this random dude just shows up outside just kind of staring through the window by the door. We open the door and he just walks in hammered as all get out, with an empty cup looking for more to drink. He bitches about the alcohol selection upstairs and then bitches about the food that is still there. He was about 5 seconds from physically being shown the exit, but we left it amicable as Chris has to live next to him...

He also was looking for more to drink because of his mother in law being over, which thankfully he only mentioned once.....I mean 8,000 times.

#94 9 years ago
    Quoted from animesuperj:

He also was looking for more to drink because of his mother in law being over, which thankfully he only mentioned once.....I mean 8,000 times.

It really was kind of crazy way to end the night. Sorry, that is went down that way. Paul only knows me for like 5 hours and that's the last impression I leave with him.

Dave you would have seriously been beside yourself. Although, there is a good chance you wouldn't have known anything about it since you would have still been playing MET or AC/DC........Cancel that order yet?

Quoted from Whysnow:

Your TOM plays like butter. 1st time I have ever made it to the wizard mode on one!

I'm not poo poo'ing your score but I leave my machines on the easy side. Points and specials = E Balls. I do it so people HAVE a chance to get deeper into the game and really see what its all about. I'll def have to change them for the Tourneys. But congrats none the less. That is an accomplishment. Hell I own the thing and I have never made it there.

chris

#95 9 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

What a great picture. See what you missed Steve, Eric, Russ, and Tony.......Lots of Josh's nose hair
    chris

Sounds like the party was epic. Bummed to have missed it. Thanks for posting play counts. Love the idea of doing that during events. Hope to see you in September or sooner.

#96 9 years ago

Well it was my one and only game I played on TOM if that is worth anything

#97 9 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

chris

Josh looks a little green. Speaking of green, I feel like I should Paypal Tim a dollar. Sounds like it was a great part as usual.

#98 9 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

Josh looks a little green. Speaking of green, I feel like I should Paypal Tim a dollar. Sounds like it was a great part as usual.

This would have been your chance to take his. He was playing iffy at best.

Note to all. Get out your cookie jar now and every time you want to grab a snickers or something at the convenience store. Stop and take that dollar and put it in the cookie jar. Its amazing what happens with game play when you put 4 dollars on the glass.

Josh was trying for $5.00 games but wasn't having any luck with takers.

He was in deep by 9:00PM but then started to slow roll it with water by 10:00PM and by 1:00AM he was sober...........it was really disappointing. I had such high hopes.

chris

#99 9 years ago

Thanks for hosting such an epic pinball bash.

If you have another, I hope I get another invite despite beating your mom at bubble hockey...

#100 9 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

Josh was trying for $5.00 games but wasn't having any luck with takers.

I was asking for $100 games, but those WI cheap0s wouldn't bite!

Quoted from ChrisS:

He was in deep by 9:00PM but then started to slow roll it with water by 10:00PM and by 1:00AM he was sober...........it was really disappointing. I had such high hopes.

I wouldn't say I Was ever "sober".. Started with Cider, switched to beer, then mixed drinks for awhile and switched to water just before crashing by 1 or 2, I forget. Was up and out the door by 630am, damn sunlight comes up early.

GREAT parry, Definitely good to meet you guys and hang out with the ones I already knew!

IMG_20140712_212225 (1).jpgIMG_20140712_212225 (1).jpg

There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/july-12th-pinball-party-se-wi-53147/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.