pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
thumbnail_IMG_2642 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2641 (resized).jpg
JB_PF (resized).jpg
Jb_back (resized).jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2601 (resized).jpg
20230325_181016 (resized).jpg
There are 1,101 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 23.
#151 6 years ago

Is anyone still in the club or am I the only one? Any way, I took my mini pf off for cleaning, new rubbers and replace one of the red mini posts and found that they are screwed on from the underside AND glued on. Who the hell thought that was a good idea.

#152 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Is anyone still in the club or am I the only one? Any way, I took my mini pf off for cleaning, new rubbers and replace one of the red mini posts and found that they are screwed on from the underside AND glued on. Who the hell thought that was a good idea.

Yea I found that out the hard way too. I ended up making a whole new mini PF.

#153 6 years ago

IMG_3179 (resized).JPGIMG_3179 (resized).JPG

Here's my SN, domestic, no black borders on the sideart, and white arrows on the PF. I'm the third owner.

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Yea I found that out the hard way too. I ended up making a whole new mini PF.

Wow you made one, that must have been a ton of work. The new one won't come with the mini posts and we will have to reuse the wireform attachment bracket which is a bummer for me cuz I don't have a rivet press.

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Wow you made one, that must have been a ton of work. The new one won't come with the mini posts and we will have to reuse the wireform attachment bracket which is a bummer for me cuz I don't have a rivet press.

Haven't seen the mini playfield available anyplace, I was hoping it might be part of the new plastic sets that are coming out.

#156 6 years ago

Apparently it will be! At least released, probably not included.

#157 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Apparently it will be! At least released, probably not included.

Yup, I'm in for one. Anyone ever try to flame polish one of these.

#158 6 years ago

I started cleaning mine and putting new parts on.

New coin door, Show Quality chrome shooter housing with beatmasters blue light up and my blue Leg Light-Ups and Show Quality chrome leg bolts.
IMGA0174 (resized).JPGIMGA0174 (resized).JPG
Cleaned and waxed under the apron and regrained the center drain stainless.
IMGA0175 (resized).JPGIMGA0175 (resized).JPG
Cleaned the bb light board and led'd it
IMGA0176 (resized).JPGIMGA0176 (resized).JPG
IMGA0177 (resized).JPGIMGA0177 (resized).JPG

Took the tl apart and cleaned all of it and put it back in the game. Starting on the pf now. Anyone know what size those 2 big loooong rubbers are, on the left and right of the pf? I've never seen rubbers that long.

#159 6 years ago

I'm really hoping they do the "often broken" plastics separately and reasonably, so I don't need a whole set. I haven't had the best luck with replacement plastics... but if I do need to get a whole set, I probably will.

#160 6 years ago

Here is a couple pics of my custom mini playfield. Doesn't have the decal on it, but I like it better that way. You can see the ball better when its popping around.

20170821_213736 (resized).jpg20170821_213736 (resized).jpg

20170821_213741 (resized).jpg20170821_213741 (resized).jpg

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Here is a couple pics of my custom mini playfield. Doesn't have the decal on it, but I like it better that way. You can see the ball better when its popping around.

In man I LOVE that. Make me one please!! I'll pay ya or trade ya a pair of my Leg Light-Ups which sell for $85 shipped. Were your mini posts glued on too? When I rebuild my pops I was thinking of going with the clear bodies that Zitt sells with the clear caps like yours. Will jewel caps fit under the mini pf? Are those the thin mirrors that PBL sells? Sorry for all the questions.

#162 6 years ago

All I did was take my old mini PF to my local glass shop. Told them I needed a replica of this. I chose lexan due to its strength and doesn't scratch easily. They gut me a new piece and the pinball hole. (every hole cut is $5) So, with that price I cut the mini post holes myself. lol. Whatever pop bumper caps would normally fit under the original mini PF would fit under this custom one. My mirror blades are from pinball side mirrors.

#163 6 years ago

I am in the club. I have a low SN. Lowest I have seen. What is the deal with sample JBs? Can someone take a picture of the old style ball locks on a sample game and post it. From what I have been reading, I have a sample because it has the aqua ramp plastic and colored keno arrows. But my locks look like the newer ones that were described by someone. I do have the .4 version rom set. They will be upgraded soon.

I would really like to see the sample locks that are so terrible. I just want to confirm mine is not technically a sample.

I bet the white arrows are on a playfield just made by a different manufacturer. Mine is TAG. Can someone check the front edge of their white arrowed playfield and post a picture?

20170823_181916 (resized).jpg20170823_181916 (resized).jpg

20170823_181810 (resized).jpg20170823_181810 (resized).jpg

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

All I did was take my old mini PF to my local glass shop. Told them I needed a replica of this. I chose lexan due to its strength and doesn't scratch easily. They gut me a new piece and the pinball hole. (every hole cut is $5) So, with that price I cut the mini post holes myself. lol. Whatever pop bumper caps would normally fit under the original mini PF would fit under this custom one. My mirror blades are from pinball side mirrors.

Really a glass shop? I'll look into it. I just checked the height of my Jewel caps and it's the same. Thanks

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from Bkap:

I am in the club. I have a low SN. Lowest I have seen. What is the deal with sample JBs? Can someone take a picture of the old style ball locks on a sample game and post it. From what I have been reading, I have a sample because it has the aqua ramp plastic and colored keno arrows. But my locks look like the newer ones that were described by someone. I do have the .4 version rom set. They will be upgraded soon.
I would really like to see the sample locks that are so terrible. I just want to confirm mine is not technically a sample.
I bet the white arrows are on a playfield just made by a different manufacturer. Mine is TAG. Can someone check the front edge of their white arrowed playfield and post a picture?

Hey Welcome to the club I'm new too, I have the white inserts. Been busy cleaning and leding mine, got as far up as the pops and am rebuilding them with new white wafers and clear red bodies, Comets red top white bottom led rings and red Jewel pop caps. Nice pile of dirty rags and rubbers and just look how bad the wafers are. This thing was never cleaned. It's a re-import, not sure where from. Even though beatmasters shooter light up and my Leg Light-Ups look purple in real life they are a beautiful bright blue. The back part of the pf with all the mechs is gonna be a real dirty challenge.

IMGA0199 (resized).JPGIMGA0199 (resized).JPG

IMGA0200 (resized).JPGIMGA0200 (resized).JPG

IMGA0201 (resized).JPGIMGA0201 (resized).JPG

IMGA0202 (resized).JPGIMGA0202 (resized).JPG

IMGA0203 (resized).JPGIMGA0203 (resized).JPG

IMGA0195 (resized).JPGIMGA0195 (resized).JPG

IMGA0204 (resized).JPGIMGA0204 (resized).JPG

IMGA0205 (resized).JPGIMGA0205 (resized).JPG

IMGA0206 (resized).JPGIMGA0206 (resized).JPG

IMGA0196 (resized).JPGIMGA0196 (resized).JPG

IMGA0197 (resized).JPGIMGA0197 (resized).JPG

IMGA0198 (resized).JPGIMGA0198 (resized).JPG

#166 6 years ago

MustangPaul,

Can you get a picture of the ball locks that are under the visor? Just want to see if they are the same as mine. Also the front edge looking at the plys of wood under the apron. Curious as to who made yours. It will have some black letters and dates. Probably two different sets.

Thanks a bunch.

#167 6 years ago

It will be a while before I'm into the visor area sorry. Here's all the marks on the front, let me know what you think they mean.

IMGA0210 (resized).JPGIMGA0210 (resized).JPG

IMGA0207 (resized).JPGIMGA0207 (resized).JPG

IMGA0208 (resized).JPGIMGA0208 (resized).JPG

IMGA0211 (resized).JPGIMGA0211 (resized).JPG

#168 6 years ago

So your board was routed (cut) and inserted by Electronic Sound Corp (ESC) then sent to TAG for silkscreen. I bet all ESC boards have white insert arrows.

Mine was routed and inserted by Lenc-Smith (LS3), then sent to TAG for silkscreen. It has the colored arrow inserts. Probably all LS boards have colored inserts. I don't think it is a sample thing versus production thing. Just different manufacturers of the boards.

I am just trying to figure out what an actual sample game is. Most people say don't by a sample game. I don't think mine is a sample game, but some would say it is because of the arrows and aqua plastic over the ramp.

If anybody has information on sample JB games, please chime in.

#169 6 years ago

That's some great info. Actually I like the colored inserts better but the whites make it easier to see what your supposed to shoot at. I'm gonna try putting matching clear dome 2 smds under the arrows and see what that looks like.

How did your pf stand the test of time? Mine is damn near perfect, no paint loss, colors are bright and no paint loss on the edges of the inserts. But I would like to polish the mylar thatss on certain areas of the pf.

#170 6 years ago

My playfield is in good shape. I have a corner of one of the green keno squares ghosting. It was pealing for some reason. I glued it, but it still ghosted.

#171 6 years ago
Quoted from Bkap:

Might just be an early run. Still pretty cool, I like the colored arrows. Maybe I'll cheat them with colored bulbs.

#172 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Maybe I'll cheat them with colored bulbs

If you do get the brightest clear dome bulb out there cuz those are frosted not clear inserts. I was thinking dual flex head myself, the spread out the light better especially for the orange and yellow. Maybe even 3 led strips from Comet.

#173 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

If you do get the brightest clear dome bulb out there cuz those are frosted not clear inserts. I was thinking dual flex head myself, the spread out the light better especially for the orange and yellow. Maybe even 3 led strips from Comet.

Yeah I'm still incandescent on the ol J*B.

#174 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Yeah I'm still incandescent on the ol J*B.

Well if you switch to led take another look at my picture above...see all the Qtips, that's how many it took to do the undersides of all the inserts befor they started coming away clean. Now with the white clear dome 2 smd bulbs the facets of the inserts sparkle like a new Stern game. I gave up color bombing inserts about 2 years ago when Comet came out with those bulbs and I haven't looked back.

#175 6 years ago

Got my magnet apron cover today, looks bitchin.

IMGA0221 (resized).JPGIMGA0221 (resized).JPG

IMGA0222 (resized).JPGIMGA0222 (resized).JPG

IMGA0224 (resized).JPGIMGA0224 (resized).JPG

#176 6 years ago

How do you get those apron covers?

#177 6 years ago

Yeah I'm not sure about that apron cover... whats with the random legs sticking up by the shooter??

#178 6 years ago

Yea, the random legs by the shooter is off. Whomever makes them could simply remove those if they have the art file.

#179 6 years ago

I have the pf back board off for repainting and was thinking it would be GREAT if someone offered some cool artwork to put on it instead of it just being black. If I still had my Mac and PhotoShop I'd give it a shot.

#180 6 years ago
Quoted from Bkap:

How do you get those apron covers?

Pinsider NinJaBooT makes them. I have the BoP one too which is a continuation of the pf art. Looks bad ass. He has these available for a bunch of other games too.

#181 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

whats with the random legs sticking up by the shooter??

She's kicking one leg back. It totally goes with the art direction of the game. Look at the front the game under the extra ball button. Another "not so" random set of legs.

We ran 25 JB magnets and only have a few left.

Thanks for posting Paul.

#182 6 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

She's kicking one leg back. It totally goes with the art direction of the game. Look at the front the game under the extra ball button. Another "not so" random set of legs.

See thats what I thought too, and the dimensions were just a bit funny... but then I noticed those are the crossed legs from the mini PF!!

Hey, sorry to knock your work, pretty neat otherwise, especially if you have a damaged apron, and I'm glad Paul likes it. I think if you ever redo it tho, gotta fix those legs.

#183 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I think if you ever redo it tho, gotta fix those legs

I'll see what we can do there on our next run.

Cheers,

Bill

#184 6 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Thanks for posting Paul.

That's what I thought. Thanks for the great mod.

#185 6 years ago

Anyone take the visor mech apart? I'm cleaning my game, full tear down and that thing scares me just looking at it.

#186 6 years ago

I did. It is easy. Just take pictures. It is a couple of cotter pins that hold the pivot pins. I think there is a bracket with 2 screws as well. From what I remember.

#187 6 years ago
Quoted from Bkap:

I did. It is easy. Just take pictures. It is a couple of cotter pins that hold the pivot pins. I think there is a bracket with 2 screws as well. From what I remember.

Thanks. Just the 2 top, above the pf cotter pins and the screws holding the plastic under the visor?

#188 6 years ago

There are 2 pins that connect the bars to raise the visor. Then in the middle there is 2 screws that hold the hinge down. From what I remember. I don't have my plastics. I sent them in to get copied for the new plastics being made.

#189 6 years ago

JackBot is such an underrated title... I've owned one for 3 years and still find myself going back to it. It's got it all: fun rules...great sound...and plays super fast! What a package!

#190 6 years ago
Quoted from Bkap:

There are 2 pins that connect the bars to raise the visor. Then in the middle there is 2 screws that hold the hinge down. From what I remember. I don't have my plastics. I sent them in to get copied for the new plastics being made.

Yup you were right, just as you said, very easy Thank you. Man was that nasty dirty under that, I could just see the ball picking up all kinds of nasty stuff and spreading it all over the place. Super clean and waxed now.

IMGA0259 (resized).JPGIMGA0259 (resized).JPG

IMGA0261 (resized).JPGIMGA0261 (resized).JPG

IMGA0262 (resized).JPGIMGA0262 (resized).JPG

#191 6 years ago

Here's a trick I've been using to get the plastics to light up better, mini mirrors. 1 inch wide by 12 inches long, cut as needed of course polished stainless steel strips from a hobby shop that I glue on the black pf side rails, about $1.29 each depending how thick they are. They really boost the output of the few bulbs under the plastics. They look great as mini mirrors on the outlane walls too.

IMGA0225 (resized).JPGIMGA0225 (resized).JPG

IMGA0226 (resized).JPGIMGA0226 (resized).JPG

IMGA0227 (resized).JPGIMGA0227 (resized).JPG

IMGA0264 (resized).JPGIMGA0264 (resized).JPG

IMGA0265 (resized).JPGIMGA0265 (resized).JPG

IMGA0266 (resized).JPGIMGA0266 (resized).JPG

#192 6 years ago

Did you pull out your eject hardware at the locks? It looks really deep. Mine look the same, but not sure they are that deep. Could you measure how deep they are from top of playfield?

#193 6 years ago

Yes I pulled them all and took them apart for cleaning. They look deep because the switches are just screwed in lightly by one screw and not centered to keep them from dangling. They will be normal depth when everything is back together.

#194 6 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Thanks for posting Paul.

Except, that you say that she's kicking ONE leg back. That is both her legs....

Overall looks great and leg ordeal will probably go unnoticed.

#195 6 years ago

Hi All,
We are set to remanufacture Jack Bot plastics for PPS, and have some (as usual) art discrepancies to sort out. We do know there were art differences between the first few dozen games and the rest... however, we need to sort out the large (often broken) plastic on your upper left of the playfield. Please pay special attention to the art shapes on this plastic. One has red buttons and grey shapes... the others have the yellow/orange circles and blue/purple shapes. The Williams art we have shows them as the yellow/orange version.

Which one do you have??? This is what causes the online claims "These parts are incorrect" for repros. These games were NOT all the same. This makes our job of pleasing everyone very difficult.

jack bot 1 (resized).jpegjack bot 1 (resized).jpeg

jack bot 2 (resized).jpegjack bot 2 (resized).jpeg

pinbot_ramp_plastic_clean (resized).jpgpinbot_ramp_plastic_clean (resized).jpg

#196 6 years ago

Mine has the yellow/orange circles and blue/purple shapes.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#197 6 years ago

Mine has the yellow orange also.

IMGA0274 (resized).JPGIMGA0274 (resized).JPG

#198 6 years ago

I read that the sample games had a couple extra flashers that were removed in the production run. I wonder if those 2 holes are for the flashers and that plastic is from a sample game. Check with the owner to see if there are saucer type ball locks on his game. They will also have the blade eject like the older games. Production has a deep lock with a plunger eject. Hope this makes sense.

#199 6 years ago
Quoted from Bkap:

I read that the sample games had a couple extra flashers that were removed in the production run. I wonder if those 2 holes are for the flashers and that plastic is from a sample game.

If you look at a Pinbot they have 2 flashers there. They wanted JB to look different so they removed those 2 and put the 5 on the pf backboard.

#200 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

If you look at a Pinbot they have 2 flashers there. They wanted JB to look different so they removed those 2 and put the 5 on the pf backboard.

I always assumed the backboard flashers were the replacement for the orange topper on the pinbot cab myself.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 37.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Atlanta, GA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,101 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jackbot-club-everyone-welcome/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.