(Topic ID: 216190)

If you can only get one...TZ, TAF or Tron(Pro)

By sethi_i

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Mark66
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Same price and same condition...which one?”

• TAF 39 votes
    18%
  • TZ 111 votes
    53%
  • Tron(Pro) 61 votes
    29%

(211 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinball-room-wide (resized).jpg
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Why are you asking this question? Only you will know which one is right for you.

My guess as always is maybe he never played these games before or perhaps he is a converted video gamer, and pinside has always been such a helpful community when it comes to spending other people's money.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Don't buy Tron..... You can't handle it.
It will kick you in the behind.... And then spit on you as you lay there in a big ball of tears.

So this is not really untrue. If you cannot make the hardest shot "gem" the game can be frustrating. I pretty much sold my second Tron because despite playing a ton and practicing the timing I still could not hit 8t consistantly. Its a tight show with a brutal angle. I love all things Tron and it was tough to sell it but that shot made me hate the rest of the package.

Tz is a amazing package, fantastic at what it does. The jackpot shot is just a fantastic feeling. Lights and sound are some of the best intergration. I liked this title so much I had my former machine restored. Miss this one alot.

I owned two different Taf as I liked it so much I sold and upgraded to a even nicer one. I love the rules and the sound effects. The shots and probably the best use of magnets in a older game. Of the three I miss Taf the most and hope one day I have a third.

So I vote TAF followed by TZ very closely, still like Tron but due to the mean gem shot I cant reccomend it.

#53 5 years ago

Tron - It's one of the best games ever made.

After that, it becomes a much harder decision, but I think I'd lean towards TZ. It's a wonderful game to play.

So TAF (by a very tiny amount) brings up the rear. I tend to play it to work towards touring the mansion. So because of that I tend to skip some of the play just to light the next insert. However, also a great game to play.

Finally, they are very different games. I just love playing Tron, so that's why it's my winner. But really all three are winners. No bad choice here.

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Why are you asking this question? Only you will know which one is right for you.

I want to hear opinions. Plain and simple. If all three games are available, but you only have money for one. Pretty straightforward.

I've played TAF and TZ a lot when they were new. I love them both for different reasons. I've played Tron enough to know that I like a lot of things about it. I didn't ask, 'what should I get'. I asked what you would get and why.

My order and why is TAF (pure fun with awesome integration and callouts), TZ (incredible shots and six flippers...counting upper) and finally Tron (gameplay is good but isn't my favorite, but the game is gorgeous to look at).

The poll shows that most others have different thoughts on the topic than I do. Information is why most questions are asked, isn't it?

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I asked what you would get and why.

Well like everyone said, all three are great pins.

I would pick TZ.
Because i like some different type of games in my line-up. Have some fast ones, and TZ is indeed more stop-and-go, but thats what i like in variation.
(And TZ has nice toys, powerball mini-playfield, clock ...)

#56 5 years ago

They all are in demand and expensive. I don't see them remaking TZ or TAF so either of those will hold their value better. Tron may be vaulted at some point and it sounds like that is at the bottom of your list anyway.

#57 5 years ago

Ok, having played several games of Tron yesterday, I'm changing my pick - get TZ.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I want to hear opinions. Plain and simple. If all three games are available, but you only have money for one. Pretty straightforward.
I've played TAF and TZ a lot when they were new. I love them both for different reasons. I've played Tron enough to know that I like a lot of things about it. I didn't ask, 'what should I get'. I asked what you would get and why.
My order and why is TAF (pure fun with awesome integration and callouts), TZ (incredible shots and six flippers...counting upper) and finally Tron (gameplay is good but isn't my favorite, but the game is gorgeous to look at).
The poll shows that most others have different thoughts on the topic than I do. Information is why most questions are asked, isn't it?

Ok, in that case I would not buy any of them. I owned Tron for 4 years and I’ve played TZ and TAF a thousand times each. No interest in any of those titles unless it helps me to acquire the games I really want.

#59 5 years ago

TAF... Tron has never done much for me. Owned a TZ and sold, keeping TAF.

Honestly, if TZ is if interest, just buy a Ripleys. I think it’s way better than TZ.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

+1

#61 5 years ago

d. none of the above....but if I had to choose....TAF

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-you-can-only-get-onetz-taf-or-tronpro/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.