50146242-6525-4B6F-A6E3-2AFD65C96BB2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2200.jpg
orca-image-1514668461402.jpg_1514668461799 (resized).jpeg
6 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
Guardians Title (resized).jpg
IMG_1137.JPG
1079jeb (resized).jpg
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 86.
#2451 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Will have my Guardians tomorrow between 3 and 5 EST according to the freight co. Stream to follow immediately!

Will you sell it to me on Friday? I'm off work.

#2452 6 years ago

Looks like fun. I cant see what is really going to differ gameplay wise with the Prem/LE. 3 magnets instead of 1...meh. RGB inserts...meh. Opening orb....meh. It really is looking like a Pro on this. First time I've ever said that.

#2453 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The lack of audio for the video really disappointing.

Yikes. This whole game looks pretty disappointing. Art package is stellar at least. What code version is the DF stream running? I hope to God it's super super early cause dam it needs work. I hope I don't sound like a negative Nellie, just calling it how I see it. Someone please take pinsiders advice and stick hooked on a feeling and cherry bomb as wizard mode songs. I'm already sick of the songs after 30 mins. And the choreography and theme integration with audio, good lord. Strike outs all around on this one. Here's hoping they give this game some special attention cause it has all the pieces for a great pin, it's just not even close to being there.

D+ in my book.

EDIT: sounds like it is very early code but still, wizard mode songs need to be hooked on a feeling and cherry bomb. Modes look very uninspiring, Groot mb = Klingon mb. All this cut and paste rules takes such a killer theme, layout, and art package and throws it down the drain. On a positive note, knowing it's such beta code, I'll reserve final judgement for when/if they can get this thing firing on all cylinders.

#2454 6 years ago

Wow... ill be waiting this one out for a while..... needs alot of work and the 2 songs will get old very very quickly...hope they add more .

#2455 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yikes. This whole game looks pretty disappointing. Art package is stellar at least. What code version is the DF stream running? I hope to God it's super super early cause dam it needs work. I hope I don't sound like a negative Nellie, just calling it how I see it. Someone please take pinsiders advice and stick hooked on a feeling and cherry bomb as wizard mode songs. I'm already sick of the songs after 30 mins. And the choreography and theme integration with audio, good lord. Strike outs all around on this one. Here's hoping they give this game some special attention cause it has all the pieces for a great pin, it's just not even close to being there.
D+ in my book.

I edited my original reaction which was "OMG this is terrible!". Like you, I didn't want to be overly negative, but to be honest it's the least impressive dead flip stream (game) that I have seen. Even though it's beta, it's not a good beta and I wouldn't even consider buying these even though I love the theme.

Some of the sound effects are excellent though and so is some of the custom music.

Rob

#2457 6 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

I'm watching the twitch feed and that "ooka chaka, ooka chaka" intro to that song already makes me want to take a sledge hammer to this thing.

This game is not ready for prime time...clearly they need way more time programming the audio and sound choreography. If they're gonna cut to "hooked on a feeling" mid game like that, it should just start with the "AAAH AAHHH AAAAH, Hooked on a feeling!" part...save the Oooga Chackas for end of ball stuff....and no voices at all? The game is shipping!!!

This is the same old thing again.
-Code is too early to ship
-Game hasn't been tested publicly to be revised and refined before shipping
-First buyers are the beta testers/guinea pigs.

Good luck, those who still blind-buy!

#2458 6 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

I'm watching the twitch feed and that "ooka chaka, ooka chaka" intro to that song already makes me want to take a sledge hammer to this thing.

Yeah I'm more of a flame thrower type of fella but either way. The gameplay looks great, I'm assuming there will be dialog from the film itself as well as custom call outs? I'm really liking the score minus Oga chuka, thats painful.

#2459 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm assuming there will be dialog from the film itself as well as custom call outs

Probably not? Watch the video and the clips the play specifically have no actor dialogue (mouth moving).

Rob

#2460 6 years ago

i really wanted to buy this and i have been really down on stern. coin taker was getting a big delivery this monday and i was probably able to get one (a pro) this week. after watching the play and early code, i have to sit this out. i think in a year it will be really good.

#2461 6 years ago

Stacking the multipliers while be fun!

#2462 6 years ago

Like I was saying before, those songs need to be at special moments in the game. Not looped in the background during single ball play.

For whomever asked about call outs. They will have voice actors for that. It’s obviously not in the game yet.

#2463 6 years ago

I gotta say, I'm not a fan of choosing missions from ball launch...I like the idea of getting a feel of the game and its personality, then shooting the mode start for your mode. That also would have helped audio choreography. For instance, an "Oooga chacka" loop could be the shooter lane groove...then as soon as you launch it could go "AAH AAH AHH!" into "hooked on a feeling"...then you have this nice upbeat song to play to at the start - and once you hit the mode start shot, THEN it goes into the more serious movie score type music.

#2464 6 years ago

Yeah I expected more choreography between the music and the action on the playfield. Had my wallet out before tonight, but I'm putting it back in my pocket for now. Let's see how this one develops first.

#2465 6 years ago

I think they're very foolish to be showing it this early, let alone supposedly beginning to ship next week.

Everything else aside, the LCD and audio are an absolute mess. Even BM'66 at launch / first stream seemed more advanced than this.

On a more positive note, typically of Borg, it seems to shoot well.

#2466 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I think they're very foolish to be showing it this early, let alone supposedly beginning to ship next week.
Everything else aside, the LCD and audio are an absolute mess. Even BM'66 at launch / first stream seemed more advanced than this.
On a more positive note, typically of Borg, it seems to shoot well.

Actually they have allready shipped and people are receiving them tomarrow.

#2467 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yikes.

#2468 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I hope they're patient ...

#2469 6 years ago

And the code waiting game starts again. Why bother. All you have is a DECK at the moment. Nothing more.

#2470 6 years ago

Yep, I'm getting mine tomorrow. To say I'm sweating a bit is an understatement.

It looks like it shoots fun, and the music (minus the placement of CB and HoaF) seems to be great, but the lack of any callouts is a real bummer.

alright taking offers, pm me trades on a brand new gotg pro.

#2471 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I hope they're patient ...

Very

#2472 6 years ago

double post woops

#2473 6 years ago

Dead flip stated the call outs are disabled to this stream.

#2474 6 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

Dead flip stated the calll outs are disabled to this stream,

Sounds more like shop talk to me...not hating on DF but everyone I've spoken to that's played it has said there's no callouts yet. It's not just disabled for the stream.

#2475 6 years ago

Dead flip stated the calll outs are disabled to this stream,

They wouldn't be disabled if they were arranged and working ...

#2476 6 years ago

Not impressed but it's early code. I just don't understand why they would rush a reveal and shipping schedule. First impressions are important, and this thing isn't even close for primetime, let alone shipping. SMH.

#2477 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Sounds more like shop talk to me...not hating on DF but everyone I've spoken to that's played it has said there's no callouts yet. It's not just disabled for the stream.

Yeh....translation from Stern Speak "call-outs aren't yet in the code". Disabled from stream .lol. Is there a new setting in Spike...."Disable Call Outs, Yes/No"

#2478 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

They have all ready stated it twice, its a new code as of this stream, no call outs. Besides I don't change my mind every 5mins on a pin. To the rest of folks on here, name a pin that shipped with perfect code?

#2479 6 years ago

Maybe some more established themes can get away with no callouts from the show / movie but what is GOTG without the voices from the actors? The actors and the humor between the characters make the Guardian movies.

I'll gladly play GOTG on location but I just can't see spending $5500-$8500 on a movie themed pinball machine in 2017 that lacks any character audio from the films. I feel similar about Pirates but least it has custom callouts by one of the films actors and overall far more features and modes to help justify the price. Still, even that may not be enough for me. I know that if Ghostbusters lacked the actors voices and Ernie Hudson callouts that I would have passed on buying the game.

#2480 6 years ago

They have all ready stated it twice, its a new code as of this stream, no call outs. Besides I don't change my mind every 5mins on a pin. To the rest of folks on here, name a pin that shipped with perfect code?

I know you're just trying to jump on the hate waspinat0r bandwagon but there was literally no reason for it other than being salty. You said yourself it was stated that it was "just for this stream".

No it isn't. lol. There just aren't any yet.

#2481 6 years ago

It's here and the code is horrible on release. Makes x-men release code look good.

20171120_201537 (resized).jpg20171120_201537 (resized).jpg

#2482 6 years ago

Looks great dude!

#2483 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

It's here and the code is horrible on release. Makes x-men release code look good.

Holy crap. Already. May as well leave it in the box.

#2484 6 years ago

Wow...It's like Groundhog Day.

#2485 6 years ago

Who's the young guy killing it on the stream?

#2486 6 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

Now I see why some people say music written specifically for pinball is better.

The orchestrated music for all the modes sounds awesome. Much better than the soundtrack music.

Ooka Chaka should be kept for the end of the game only ... the Game Over music.

Cherry Bomb would be best as Wizard Mode music.

See ... this is what happens when commentators who really don’t know anything about pinball start spouting off and creating a fuss.

rd

#2487 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Hell I think it makes BM66 release code look good

#2488 6 years ago

I knew better than to buy a new game. Time to wait 1-2 years for the software to be ready...

#2489 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Who's the young guy killing it on the stream?

Zachary Parks. Great player, even better dude.

#2490 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hell I think it makes BM66 release code look good

Say what you want about BM66 but the code right now at .81 is GREAT and the next two updates will bring it home once again Lyman style.

Yes its a year late but BM66 kicks ass!!! Thank you Sheats

#2491 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Wow... ill be waiting this one out for a while..... needs alot of work and the 2 songs will get old very very quickly...hope they add more .

I asked on the stream if there was the "possibility" of more songs? Answer was NO

You can't do an Aerosmith and Metallica remake with only two songs.

#2492 6 years ago

here's a hi-rez grab of the playfield from deadflip's stream tonight
2017-11-20 19_41_03-Dead_Flip - Twitch (resized).jpg2017-11-20 19_41_03-Dead_Flip - Twitch (resized).jpg

#2493 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Say what you want about BM66 but the code right now at .81 is GREAT and the next two updates will bring it home once again Lyman style.
Yes its a year late but BM66 kicks ass!!! Thank you Sheats

Reread my post.

#2494 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Are there call outs?

#2495 6 years ago

Layout looks like it plays well. Nothing revolutionary, but solid. So there's that.

#2496 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Reread my post.

I'm gonna say BM66 initial code was worse than what i just witnessed! Just making a general statement to the BM haters SKB

You can't imagine how far BM66 has come, of course its Lyman though.

#2497 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Are there call outs?

He said on the stream that they are playing a special code install, no callouts. The game will have them though sounds like multiple actors, I think, but not sure on that.

#2498 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Are there call outs?

No call outs!

#2499 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I asked on the stream if there was the "possibility" of more songs? Answer was NO
You can't do an Aerosmith and Metallica remake with only two songs.

Yeah saw your question on the stream ice little disappointing but on the plus side with those songs in place it should give us bookmarks in the code to replace/mixup the songs from the movie soundtrack.

Shame no talking Groot though, would have been great to see his mouth move and sync to I AM GROOT at the start of multiball.

#2500 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The orchestrated music for all the modes sounds awesome. Much better than the soundtrack music.
Ooka Chaka should be kept for the end of the game only ... the Game Over music.
Cherry Bomb would be best as Wizard Mode music.
See ... this is what happens when commentators who really don’t know anything about pinball start spouting off and creating a fuss.
rd

Stern with 30 years of making pinballs, what were people thinking.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.00
$ 19.95
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,495 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,260 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-is-here/page/50 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.